Can Americans book O with a U.K. Travel Agent

CHUCKIE50

In the current environment where the dollar is strong is there any price advantage to booking with a UK or European travel agent for an American? If there is a significant difference will O accept such a booking. I understand with the time diffences the communication could be difficult the agency. Perhaps my credit card company will flag the transaction a fraud. Just thinking there could be some deals out there this summer. Thanks for any guidance/thoughts you might have on this.

If you have a European TA in mind, that has a background with O, it would be best to Query them. I have been told by Brits, the answer is NO, however. O runs various campaigns aimed at the European markets with pricing different from that in the US. If an European TA attempted to enter an American passport cruiser, with a US address as the cruiser, the system will reject it.

Thank you Pinotlover for your answer. I took your advice and contacted a large online TA in the UK by online chat. They gave me a quote that was much less than available in the states and said that there would be "no problem" for an American to book with them. Now I have to consider if it is worth the possible hassle to make my booking this way.

Anyone else have experience with this situation?

If you try it will be interesting to hear your results. I know they get great offers we never see here in the States. Since we're planning a Med cruise next year, might wait to see how you do, and book that way myself. That would surely t off my TA! ;)

On the Seabourn board a poster called Chairsin has mentioned that he/she books with a UK agent. You might want to post a query to that board in hopes he/she answers.

Yes, we knew two Australian gentlemen on Seabourn who booked via a UK agent.

Edited by turnip eater

And make sure that it's an "apples to apples" comparison--that what you get is the same deal. I know sometimes they don't include air, for example, in the U.K.

I did just that with my quote request. I usually never take O's air since I have many points and miles from my credit cards. I wasn't really ready to commit to a booking yet since my daughter is getting married in August. I will will try to book with this agent when the wedding is finished and my DW isn't quite so busy. I am looking at this fall within the final payment date. The cruise I had quoted was the Riviera July 7 Lisbon-Rome voyage. It really would have been way cheaper to make this booking in the UK.

I did not want to waste the agent's time other than requesting a quote. If their prices are as good this fall they will surely get my business if the rules allow.

On the Seabourn board a poster called Chairsin has mentioned that he/she books with a UK agent. You might want to post a query to that board in hopes he/she answers.

Chairsin is our friend

She books exclusively seabourn and only with an agent in uk