Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Kazu-

Yes, HAL has my e-mail and did e-mail the cruise survey to me. Maybe I am getting paper mail because I am new.:confused:

1of4-

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Sending you my best wishes!

1of4, hope everything is alright with you.

As far as an Alaska cruise next year, we will have to think about it and see how the budget is bearing up (haha!). Maybe it'll have to be a last-minute decision!

I'm trying to decide if and how to do a thread from Alaska this year. I imagine I'd have to include a video of my DSIL's face when we appear! But I don't know that we will get internet on board the Volendam. If there is a special package like we had on Westie, we'll certainly get it.:)

Whew! It's been a marathon reading session for the last few days. Starting all the way back on (I think) p.1, I have read every single word in this thread!

Fascinating. Riveting. I loved the chatty back and forth among all the members of the Sail A-Way Gang---made it seem as if I were there with you all.

What a fun time. Almost made me sorry I was on my own fabulous cruise---I wanted to be with you all so much!

Maybe some day.

Thank you all, and especially Jacqui, for letting me take this cruise with you (do the days count toward my status??? :D)

I have received three emails from HAL since returning home on May 1. First was the survey which I answered within a day while everything was still fresh in my mind. Then came the Welcome Home email stating we would receive up to $200 per person if we book a cruise prior to July 17. Then we received an email from the Mariner's Society with the accurate accounting of our nights on board and days accrued by spending $300. I had forgotten that I had sent an email to them when things were wonky as we were being credited things that we did not deserve.

We did not receive anything that referenced the ZPM promotion, I just know about it.

DD and DS do not qualify for the days based on spending, only nights on board...one of them wasn't happy :rolleyes: but I just said they can start paying and I would inform the front office on the next cruise :eek:. As you can imagine that was not well received. :p

If I may ask, if all purchases go on my onboard account/credit card, does that mean dh does not get credit for the spending. I thought I read somewhere that with 2 in a cabin, both get the credits.

Many thanks for taking me on this cruise. I will be doing it next April as part of a circle trip of North America. I have been taking notes! I hope to have a wonderful group to share things with on my cruise. Sounds like many friendships were formed on this one.

If I may ask, if all purchases go on my onboard account/credit card, does that mean dh does not get credit for the spending. I thought I read somewhere that with 2 in a cabin, both get the credits.

no, your DH will get full credit. 1of4 was talking about her DD and DS who were the 3rd and 4th people (children) in the cabin. 3rd and 4th don't get the on board credits. She and her DH did ;)

Whew! It's been a marathon reading session for the last few days. Starting all the way back on (I think) p.1, I have read every single word in this thread!

Fascinating. Riveting. I loved the chatty back and forth among all the members of the Sail A-Way Gang---made it seem as if I were there with you all.

What a fun time. Almost made me sorry I was on my own fabulous cruise---I wanted to be with you all so much!

Maybe some day.

Thank you all, and especially Jacqui, for letting me take this cruise with you (do the days count toward my status??? :D)

such kind words RuthC. thanks you so much.

So glad you enjoyed Sailing Along with us. The only thing that could have made that cruise better would have been having you on board :)

Many thanks for taking me on this cruise. I will be doing it next April as part of a circle trip of North America. I have been taking notes! I hope to have a wonderful group to share things with on my cruise. Sounds like many friendships were formed on this one.

Our pleasure to take you along.

We had such a great time that there are some of us doing another cruise or maybe even 2 together next year.

I do know that whatever ship, wherever, it would be my pleasure to cruise with any of my past roll call members again :)

You are correct. The first two in the cabin collect the on board spending credits. Third and Fourth guests sharing the stateroom do not. We never register a credit card for DD and DS. During online check in I mark them as "cash" and then ensure there is sufficient onboard credit to cover thei HSC for the length of the cruise ($11.50/day/person).

Maybe some day.

Good morning Ruth. Just wanted to let you know I did a photo review of this cruise once I arrived home. It is currently on page 3 and is called "Come Sail Away with the Sail-Away Gang in living colour"...or something like that. Just in case you wanted to see a few more pictures. ;) :)

Good morning Ruth. Just wanted to let you know I did a photo review of this cruise once I arrived home. It is currently on page 3 and is called "Come Sail Away with the Sail-Away Gang in living colour"...or something like that. Just in case you wanted to see a few more pictures. ;) :)

It just so happens I had spotted that thread while scrolling down, and started in on it last night.

Again, at 51 pages, this is gonna take some marathon reading! But I will read it all---and enjoy more pictures! :D

Thanks for providing it---and reminding me that it's there.

• 3 weeks later...
Without going back through all the pages, which port had the pool at the dock area? Thank you in advance.

Puerto Chiapas. A nice pool, lawn area, and a shady spot to eat lunch.

(Also one of our better sailaway parties, because we were delayed by an excursion getting back late, due to being held up by a protest/demonstration. So we had to drink more wine, of course.)

Edited by Lizzie68