Liberty From San Juan - Steakhouse First Night?

agp_mzk

Some friends and I are sailing on the Liberty out of San Juan next month, and we'd like to dine in the Steakhouse the first night since the MDR will be open seating that night. Since the departure time is so late on this trip, we'll be eating before muster/sailaway. Has anyone ever done this before? What time do you recommend that we make our reservation so that we aren't rushed through dinner?

Some friends and I are sailing on the Liberty out of San Juan next month, and we'd like to dine in the Steakhouse the first night since the MDR will be open seating that night. Since the departure time is so late on this trip, we'll be eating before muster/sailaway. Has anyone ever done this before? What time do you recommend that we make our reservation so that we aren't rushed through dinner?

Yes, wife and I did this in January when it was the Valor in San Juan. We did 6:00 pm for the sunset. I would recommend no later than 7:00. That gives you 2.5 hours before the announcement for muster drills.

Free bottle of house wine and should be 50% off any other bottles you purchase.

We had a 7:30pm steakhouse reservation the first night with another couple on Liberty and I got an email suggesting that I move it to 7pm so we have enough time to have dessert! We will be there 4/26!!!!

• 3 months later...

I am sailing on the Liberty next month and plan to do the Steakhouse but I definitely will not do the first night because of the muster drill. I normally do late seating and probably would not want to book before 8 so it sounds like that would be out of the question. Guess I'll have to miss out on the free wine (no big deal for me, I'm not that big a wine drinker anyway).

Last year we did the Steakhouse the first night on the Breeze and it worked out well, this year we haven't decided which night we're going to do so I guess my first stop after boarding will be to the Steakhouse to find out what will be available.

We're planning to do the same when we're back in San Juan in November. We've done the late sailing from SJU twice now and the open dinner was a hot mess both times, and this is coming from someone who always does anytime dining! Very much looking forward to starting our cruise like this :)

We sailed this past May and did the 7 pm reservation on the first night and it worked out perfectly. We had plenty of time to play around in San Juan and we were able to take our time at dinner and have dessert and coffee in a nice relaxed manner and went directly to the muster drill. See my latest review below for more detail on that day and the dinner service.

I am sailing this coming Sunday (EXCITED) I requested a 7:30pm reservation and received an email asking me to change it so we would not feel rushed thru dinner with such a large group of us so we have a steakhouse reservation for 6:30pm on 8/23/2015!!! :D I will let you know about our experience.