Cigar shops

DreamingBig1

There may be something in the port shops or the shops just outside the port that sell cigars among other things. But if you're looking for Cuban there's no LCDH (la casa del habanos) selling genuine Cubans. Most Cubans found in Mexico are made in Mexico (label faking). So if in Cozumel, then look for the store across from the ferry pier downtown upstairs to the left of Fat Tuesdays. Forget the name but they are a registered LCDH and get all of their cigars from the IEPT distributor in Mexico City.

Have never been there. First time, hence the question.

DB, See my posts on your Cozumel and Roatan threads. Not sure your full itinerary, but Coz and Roatan are your best cigar bets. Grand Cayman has some places too. Forget Belize. That pretty much wraps up the Western ports for people who are stopping in Costa Maya.

DB, See my posts on your Cozumel and Roatan threads. Not sure your full itinerary, but Coz and Roatan are your best cigar bets. Grand Cayman has some places too. Forget Belize. That pretty much wraps up the Western ports for people who are stopping in Costa Maya.

Saw them... first time on a western itinerary. Thought it would be more appropriate to ask the question at each particular forum.

I will make sure to focus Cozumel and Roatan.

Nicaragua is so close, I am surprised that western Caribbean doesn't have more cigar options.

Edited by DreamingBig1

Saw them... first time on a western itinerary. Thought it would be more appropriate to ask the question at each particular forum.

I will make sure to focus Cozumel and Roatan.

Nicaragua is so close, I am surprised that western Caribbean doesn't have more cigar options.

My cigar smoking days are long past, but I think the better shops (even if not LCDH for Cuban) will carry Nicaraguan cigars--most likely the Joya and AJ Fernandez brands.