Breakaway laundry

It looks like the Breakaway does not have self service laundry. I've looked at the prices per item for them to do my laundry. Oh my!!:eek:

Does NCL offer something similar to what Carnival does (all you can stuff into a paper bag they give to you for a certain price)?

Thanks

You are correct in the fact the Breakaway does not have self service laundry facilities. In fact there are none on the entire NCL fleet. To answer your second question regarding the bag of laundry and the answer is yes. NCL offers a laundry special where you can stuff all you want in to a bag and have it laundered for a fixed rate. I have never personally used the service so I am unsure of the rate so I am no help in the price department. Sorry :(

It looks like the Breakaway does not have self service laundry. I've looked at the prices per item for them to do my laundry. Oh my!!:eek:

Does NCL offer something similar to what Carnival does (all you can stuff into a paper bag they give to you for a certain price)?

Thanks

Interesting that you think that it's expensive to let them do your laundry, I think that it's rather cheap! I guess that it cost much more to let someone else do the cleaning in Sweden than in the US!!!

I left my suit for them to dryclean because it should cost at least twice as much here!

OP, I just covered this as part of the overall Breakaway review, with pictures - post #50 on page 3 - as I'm sure you didn't missed it, right. Those prices are fleetwide for NCL and going by pieces, expensive & similar to hotel pricing - which we never paid.

BA has a stuff full Laundry Bag Special was still priced at $27.99 last month on Day 4 only, drop it off before noon for Steward & it will be back, washed clean & folded by 6PM on Day 6. We got ours done free as part of Platinum perks but still nice to know we folded & rolled 23+ items into the paper bag, and it all came back as a big & neat pile (pictured in the review also) almost $100 worth if charged by the pieces. Amazing & we simply repacked most of them as clean items going home.

As others said, we always travel with Woolite packets & laundry sheets, and in a pinch - plain soap in the wash sink for small items, twist & air dry.

BA has a stuff full Laundry Bag Special was still priced at $27.99 last month on Day 4 only, drop it off before noon for Steward & it will be back, washed clean & folded by 6PM on Day 6. We got ours done free as part of Platinum perks but still nice to know we folded & rolled 23+ items into the paper bag, and it all came back as a big & neat pile (pictured in the review also) almost $100 worth if charged by the pieces. Amazing & we simply repacked most of them as clean items going home.

I agree when you look at the per piece price the bag deal is definitely worth it. In fact we do the same thing, DH and I are both platinum so on our 12 day we both got a bag. It was nice to pack away all the clean stuff and have less laundry to do when you get home.

I was in the military and can pack a lot of stuff into a small space. They definitely lose money on me

I agree when you look at the per piece price the bag deal is definitely worth it. In fact we do the same thing, DH and I are both platinum so on our 12 day we both got a bag. It was nice to pack away all the clean stuff and have less laundry to do when you get home.

I was in the military and can pack a lot of stuff into a small space. They definitely lose money on me

On Celebrity, because we are Elite plus members, we get two bags of laundry for free. This way, we wash the white wash and dark wash seperately. Not sure if it really matters as I always ask for the dark wash to be washed in cold water. Probably, they throw our wash in a giant washing machine and dryer with many other people. Thus far, nothing has been ruined- but we only give underware and tee shirts- never good clothes.

On Celebrity, because we are Elite plus members, we get two bags of laundry for free. This way, we wash the white wash and dark wash seperately. Not sure if it really matters as I always ask for the dark wash to be washed in cold water. Probably, they throw our wash in a giant washing machine and dryer with many other people. Thus far, nothing has been ruined- but we only give underware and tee shirts- never good clothes.

That reminds me. I sent an almost brand new pair of linen pants ( worn and washed once before) to be pressed while on the Breakaway. They came back with a nickel sized hole by the waistband. I could not say with 100% certainty that they were not like that before I sent them. (There's always a possibility they became snagged on something prior to my handing them over) but I also cannot say for certain this was not done during pressing. I made no mention of it to anyone but my BF. Either way, I was disappointed to see my new pants were now a little more... Holey.