Airfare promo as a perk, how does it work?

gwsster

Part of or benefit on POA besides the OBC, UDP and Gratuities is airfare credit from NCL.

1. How does it work?

2. Does it save you any money? I am looking at airfare prices to Hawaii from $550.00 to $700.00.

3. Do you book airfare through NCL?

4. What airline do they use? Do I have a choice in Airlines?

5. Is is less expensive to book my own airfare, I am not even sure how much they give you as a discount.

6. Do I have to book the airfare promo within a certain time frame?

Any information would be so helpful.

Part of or benefit on POA besides the OBC, UDP and Gratuities is airfare credit from NCL.

1. How does it work?

2. Does it save you any money? I am looking at airfare prices to Hawaii from $550.00 to $700.00.

3. Do you book airfare through NCL?

4. What airline do they use? Do I have a choice in Airlines?

5. Is is less expensive to book my own airfare, I am not even sure how much they give you as a discount.

6. Do I have to book the airfare promo within a certain time frame?

Any information would be so helpful.

No to most of your questions.

Most will tell u here that you can book a better airfare on your own.

Your prices quoted are good.

Most flights to Hawaii are long (DEPENDING WHERE U ARE FLYING FROM) and often red eye.

NCL will not give you your booking info till a few days before at which point there is nothing you can do. They have arrangements with some carriers for their last minute flights which often could mean a flight change and much longer flight as u sit and wait for the last leg of your flight.

Book on your own so you have full control over the time that you fly arrival etc as you will no doubt get jet lag.

Same goes for hotels.

Lastly go in a day or two before to do some sightseeing and to get over jet lag.

Edited by Ilovesailing

I was told to get the credit it has to be booked through NCL. You will probably do better booking on your own.

Thanks "Ilovesailing: and "rvsullivan". I had a feeling that this would be the case. I am flying with my 3 sisters and I need confirmed reservations and last minute will not work for me. I am the coordinator of the cruise and flights and getting everyone to get on the same page is kind of like trying to herd cats :o

Most flights to Hawaii are long (DEPENDING WHERE U ARE FLYING FROM) and often red eye.

for the US. Most flights to Hawaii are not red eyes. You arrive during the day. May have some very every departures.

Flights FROM Hawaii are many times red eyes.

for the US. Most flights to Hawaii are not red eyes. You arrive during the day. May have some very every departures.

Flights FROM Hawaii are many times red eyes.

Thanks Budget Queen. I can't even look at airfares that far out yet. I am the budget sister and I will look for those holiday fares. Thanks for the Red Eye information. That will be good to know due to the time change from Hawaii to California coming back.

And since return flights are so late (like 10 pm!), book a hotel room....you will be off the ship so damn early...wandering about all day is NO FUN at all. Get a room, so you have someplace to be...food, drink, pool, shower, tv....it will be worth whatever you have to spend. I'm serious!

And since return flights are so late (like 10 pm!), book a hotel room....you will be off the ship so damn early...wandering about all day is NO FUN at all. Get a room, so you have someplace to be...food, drink, pool, shower, tv....it will be worth whatever you have to spend. I'm serious!

Great thought, hadn't thought of that. Love the idea.

Thanks Budget Queen. I can't even look at airfares that far out yet. I am the budget sister and I will look for those holiday fares. Thanks for the Red Eye information. That will be good to know due to the time change from Hawaii to California coming back.

Use kayak.com to track your flights, you can put in same day or day before, whatever you want, same for the return. Be sure to change the setting from weekly to daily. You can also set other filters such as non stop etc.

I use it all the time without fail. Great site and it's free.