For Those Cruising with a Toddler, or sitting Infant

packyourpixiedust

Okay- if I didn't JUST get a stroller (when Delta broke mine on a flight) and I knew about this, I would have purchased this stroller - http://www.diapers.com/p/baby-jogger-city-mini-zip-stroller-black-1164958

This has to be pretty new. I love my big city mini for Disney- but this one would be PERFECT for the cruise ship. I definitely recommend a stroller for cruising with toddlers- for the airport and ports alone. You won't use it much during the cruise. But there have been some days we needed it to put him to sleep at nap time when he just wasn't going down on his own... Anyway, just learned about this stroller and wanted to share with other Mommies cruising with their toddlers!

We have a lightweight maclaren volo umbrella stroller and it was a lifesaver on 3 cruises with DS1 at 15 months, 2, and 3. It weighs next to nothing and folds up with a carry strap which made it easy to carry when DS wanted to walk, or we were on a bus or shuttle. Folded, it took up very little closet space in the room and was easy to fold and carry when we got tired of waiting for an elevator and decided to just pick up the baby and take the stairs. I definitely agree though to bring the smallest stroller you can get away with using though because the halls on a ship can be really narrow, or you have to navigate through a crowd. Another great option is if you babywear, to bring a carrier and avoid needing a stroller.

For our next cruise, we'll have 3 little ones and will need some sort of double stroller. I'm not looking forward to figuring out how to fit that...

Edited by NJfoodie

• 2 weeks later...

The City Mini Zip is neat but the hood fabric feels like tshirt material and the whole stroller feels like it has a lot of flex in it, which doesn't make it great to push. It is a fab size when assembled but I was expecting it to be smaller when folded.

The Babyzen Yoyo folds down even smaller and is a lot sturdier. I have to fly to our cruise and the Yoyo also can be taken on as cabin luggage. So I bought one. I love it. My 2.5yr old never wants to get out of it and he hates the other strollers and prams we have had.

http://www.babyzen.com/collection-yoyo.php

No need to invest a lot of $$'s..we got one for approx. $40.00 at BabiesRUs...that has everything in a lightweight travel stroller you might need..and it ended up being one that is actually used most often even at home ;)

Edited by Ashland

wondering if I should take some cheap umbrella strollers for our daughters who at the time will be 3 and 5.5.... they like to run so maybe they will enjoy running around on the decks outside...the ports Im more concerned about....