What is the Gold Card

I have seen some talking about the Gold Card. Can someone tell me what it is? And if you have one, what does it get you?

Thanks

A gold colored SeaPass card is issued to full suite guests (Grand Suite or better) and Pinnacle Club C&A members.

Here are the perks for a full suite:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Edited by clarea

The use of a 'gold card' to signify higher status and privileges, I believe began back in the mid twentieth century by the American Express Company.

To attain their exclusive 'gold credit card', you had to be of a certain income or spending level, and you also had to pay more annual fees to obtain it.

Since that time, many other types of businesses have copied that to provide their own status recognition. In more recent times, the 'status' symbol has been greatly diluted, due to a proliferation of entry level credit cards that were marketed as 'gold cards'; as well as higher level than gold, 'platinum cards'...

In RCI's use, they have adhered to the original concept, and only issued their highest recognition to those booked in higher suites, or were in the top tier of their loyalty program....

Not sure about the Silver card, as we have had Jr Suites many times and have never had a silver card.

You probably just didn't pay attention to the color. All JS's receive silver cards. Regular balconies and below receive blue cards.

You probably just didn't pay attention to the color. All JS's receive silver cards. Regular balconies and below receive blue cards.

You are right. I went back and looked and all my Jr suite cards ARE silver. But I must say, the difference between them and the blue is rather subtle. I had to look at them side by side. One of them had "Junior Suite" across the top.

You are right. I went back and looked and all my Jr suite cards ARE silver. But I must say, the difference between them and the blue is rather subtle. I had to look at them side by side. One of them had "Junior Suite" across the top.

Agreed the difference is not noticable unless you have the cards side by side. I don't really care but if they want to give Jr Suite's recognition or bragging rights over "blue cards" they should make it a heavy silver or a completely different color.