Can you bring drinks onboard

Ok, here ya go Mr LMaxwell. A direct quote from you. Did you not say that if you can't afford these things then you have no business on a cruise ship at all???? And why didn't you answer my question in my last post?

That's right, If you can't afford something, GO WITHOUT. STEALING IS A SIN AND A CRIME.

I asked whitecap questions and they went BESERK and didn't answer me either. I asked if they participated in theft and they just went on and on about lighting candles and never answered either. OH WELL.

This is very simple - Just because someone can't afford something doesn't give them any right to steal. PERIOD.

New to cruise critic and I have a quick question.

Going on my first RC cruise next month. Avid water drinker (mostly distiller) and no not all water tastes the same. What is the bottled water they serve? I remember reading somewhere it may say Evian but it's actually crystal geyser(terrible taste).

Just a note...No one in my group drinks soda, not even the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going on my first RC cruise next month. Avid water drinker (mostly distiller) and no not all water tastes the same. What is the bottled water they serve? I remember reading somewhere it may say Evian but it's actually crystal geyser(terrible taste).

1L Evian Bottles with the water package. These bottles are delivered to your room.

Crystal Geyser in 16oz bottles at the bars. (Have seen other brands too though).

Mica20; you may want to ask that question directly to LMaxwell but he would probably just say, drink what they give you or drink the ship's water or "Stay Thirsty My Friend"

That's right, If you can't afford something, GO WITHOUT. STEALING IS A SIN AND A CRIME.

I asked whitecap questions and they went BESERK and didn't answer me either. I asked if they participated in theft and they just went on and on about lighting candles and never answered either. OH WELL.

This is very simple - Just because someone can't afford something doesn't give them any right to steal. PERIOD.

Huh? What??? You can't admit that you in fact did say that if you can't afford to buy a bottle of water then you shouldn't be cruising? REALLY? Are you in politics because honestly, you just avoid answering anything that may incriminate you. I absolutely agree with you. Just because someone cannot afford something, does NOT give them the right to steal. You and I are on the same page here. But some of your examples of stealing is really over the top. :eek:

1L Evian Bottles with the water package. These bottles are delivered to your room.

Crystal Geyser in 16oz bottles at the bars. (Have seen other brands too though).

Mica20; you may want to ask that question directly to LMaxwell but he would probably just say, drink what they give you or drink the ship's water or "Stay Thirsty My Friend"

Asked and answered.

Thanks for the response Lmaxwell. You helped FINALLY decide.

Oliveoilsguy, I am staying out the debate. Even though I will be ordering the Evian package I am one of those budget(I prefer frugal) cruisers who will try to stay in budget as much as possible.

Do you realize that the ship's water is more pure than the tap water in any major American city as well as most bottled waters?

You sure about that? Water may appear to come out clean but......

(Pic courtesy of mamabean - to show how dirty the water actually is compared to what it looks like coming out of the faucet)

mommabean_zps33p4tjjy.jpg

Edited by erby2283

Thanks for the response Lmaxwell. You helped FINALLY decide.

Oliveoilsguy, I am staying out the debate. Even though I will be ordering the Evian package I am one of those budget(I prefer frugal) cruisers who will try to stay in budget as much as possible.

I understand Mica20. I hope you and your group have a wonderful time. :D

I usually bring a case of water with me. I leave it out in the room. No one says anything when they do the room minibar check every day.

I think they just like to have the 'rule' so that they can deny the liquids if it seems like people are trying to smuggle in alcohol. Then they can just take everyone's water during spring break.

If they take my water, fine. If they don't, they are allowing it, and it's not stealing. I don't think they would let me take a bottle of water from the gift shop and walk out with it. They'd tell me I was stealing.

You sure about that? Water may appear to come out clean but......

(Pic courtesy of mamabean - to show how dirty the water actually is compared to what it looks like coming out of the faucet)

mommabean_zps33p4tjjy.jpg

I remember when she posted that. I have seen the water come out of the sink faucet that way, on occasion. I used bottled water to brush my teeth those times.

I usually bring a case of water with me. I leave it out in the room. No one says anything when they do the room minibar check every day.

I think they just like to have the 'rule' so that they can deny the liquids if it seems like people are trying to smuggle in alcohol. Then they can just take everyone's water during spring break.

If they take my water, fine. If they don't, they are allowing it, and it's not stealing. I don't think they would let me take a bottle of water from the gift shop and walk out with it. They'd tell me I was stealing.

I'm just curious. Did you bring the water onboard yourself or did you drop it off with the porter?

We always carry a case of water on top of our rolling carry on. About half the time they will let us check it at the terminal with a luggage tag stuck on top......if not we just roll it on in.

Edited by Beachammo

Wow is right! I can't believe the responses LMaxwell is getting! Why is it that everyone thinks it is okay to steal and/or cheat to get something you can't afford!!??? OMG! I totally agree with LMaxwell - just because you can't afford something does not give you the right to steal or get it any other unlawful way! Unbelievable. I don't give a rat's a$$ if someone smuggles on pop, alcohol or take pictures of pictures but justifying it by saying you can't afford to buy it otherwise is totally ridiculous!

Wow is right! I can't believe the responses LMaxwell is getting! Why is it that everyone thinks it is okay to steal and/or cheat to get something you can't afford!!??? OMG! I totally agree with LMaxwell - just because you can't afford something does not give you the right to steal or get it any other unlawful way! Unbelievable. I don't give a rat's a$$ if someone smuggles on pop, alcohol or take pictures of pictures but justifying it by saying you can't afford to buy it otherwise is totally ridiculous!

Maybe try reading back a few pages and get the facts straight. No one has condoned "stealing" or committing any crime, in fact most here have said that the rules should be followed. Most have also agreed that "if the cruise line allows a passenger to bring water/soda onboard, then they have made an exception to the policy". As for the picture of a picture; if you take my picture and then display it for the public to view, then you accept that someone, especially in today's world, is gonna take a picture of it. One way to stop that is to ask the passenger if they want their picture taken first and if the answer is yes, charge the account and take the picture.

Now, in addition to THEFT. STEALING, committing a SIN and a CRIME, it is "CHEATING" and "UNLAWFUL".

I guess I could go to jail for committing the unlawful crime of boarding with a bottle of water?

Now, in addition to THEFT. STEALING, committing a SIN and a CRIME, it is "CHEATING" and "UNLAWFUL".

I guess I could go to jail for committing the unlawful crime of boarding with a bottle of water?

That's right, according to some and don't even think about bringing any snacks onboard cause you will be stealing from he ship's store! :eek:

Please don't. I don't condone you using God's name to pray for me while you justify continued theft. Please pray for your own salvation.

Boy ... shovellin it with TWO hands today!

I'm just curious. Did you bring the water onboard yourself or did you drop it off with the porter?

After the porters wouldn't take it one time (I think it was Port Canaveral) I just put it in it's own carryon so I can wheel it onboard.

I would disagree that bringing on soda and water is 'smuggling'. They see it when you go through the xray machine. They sometimes ask to examine it. Then they let you through. (unless you are travelling during spring break, where they are known to be very strict about this policy)

I will probably go to the hot place upon my demise. I've already made my peace with that.

I will probably go to the hot place upon my demise. I've already made my peace with that.

Don't worry ... all the fun people are gonna be down there with ya .... sippin our smuggled cocktails! ;)