Spring Break

Just wondering when Spring Break weeks will be over with. On the Freedom now and there are still a lot of kids. I thought that after Easter was past there would be fewer kids, but that doesn't seem to be the case. When is YOUR home area's school spring break over?

We are in the midwest our school had theirs mid March but many of the schools here especially the private Catholic schools have it from good Friday through the week after Easter. It seems here the colleges are earlier than the younger kids.

Thanks, folks, for letting me know. Maybe next week will be better here on the Freedom. This week it has been noisy, messy - you get the idea. Hoping for a better 2nd half of my back-to-back.

FYI: Anyone who reads this - don't know if everyone is aware or not - we got fliers saying Freedom is moving to Ft. Lauderdale in late 2016 and Oasis is moving to Port Canaveral.

Thanks, folks, for letting me know. Maybe next week will be better here on the Freedom. This week it has been noisy, messy - you get the idea. Hoping for a better 2nd half of my back-to-back.

FYI: Anyone who reads this - don't know if everyone is aware or not - we got fliers saying Freedom is moving to Ft. Lauderdale in late 2016 and Oasis is moving to Port Canaveral.

THat's very old news.

whole lotta kids on board this week. Yep, still spring break somewhere-- I'll never do this again! I think I've had enough for awhile. I have one more week on the Freedom - on a back-to-back. I sure hope spring break is over now.

I like the tiny tots, not so much the teens.

Flame me! Woot!

Spring break over here. Kids go back on April 12th after Easter break. We cruise during spring break but only a 10 day cruise. There are far fewer kids on the 10 day sailings, if you can pull it off.

There were 2000 kids on the Oasis last week (2 of them were mine ;)) It was crazy crowded. I think they said we set the record for most passengers ever on a ship (6400+ and about 2000+ crew). That was not a record I wanted to be a part of!

Most schools in GA are done with spring break after the first full week in April. School gets out in May so it can't be any later!

Really? We booked April 10 cruise for next year. Thought this was way past spring break since Easter is end of March next year. Don't mind the extra kids since we're coming with kids, but just hope it doesn't affect airline prices.

We will be on the freedom for the May 31st sailing with both our kids even though their summer break dose not start until Mid-June. I do not think there really is a non kids sailing time any longer. More parents are able to take their kids out for a week and still not have them miss anything thanks to digital learning.

Edited by vacationmommy

I sailed March 15/22 this year on Freedom....there were alot of kids, various age groups....a few college groups, (all well behaved), many of young ages, (not school ready) and teens. Traveled with my 14yo daughter and she enjoyed the mix and ages of teens....would do it again....