Deluxe Owner's Suite on POA

cruiser4801

The Pride of America's Deluxe Owner's Suite (Grand Suite 12006), largest suite on the ship, made our vacation memorable. We sailed on March 21, 2015. Here's our review:

The Suite: Beautiful large living room with baby grand piano and huge dining table, which we used for breakfast every morning. The sofa bed opened into a large kind size sleeper. 2 refrigerators in the suite, which our butler stocked (complimentary) as we wished. We opted for three very nice Greg Norman Estate bottles of wine in lieu of hard liquor.

The separate bedroom was large and comfortable as was the bathroom with separate shower and tub, and two sinks. Every room, including the bathroom face out onto the one of the largest balconies at sea. Used the jacuzzi on the balcony every day. Three large loungers with nice cushions on the balcony as well as mid-size round table with four chairs on the balcony.

The Service:

Service was the best we have experienced with one small exception. Peter, from Kenya, was our butler and we found him to be the best ever. He came by every morning to check on what we needed. We asked that he bring breakfast from Cagney's, which arrived promptly every single day. He stocked the refrigerators daily always checking on what we were consuming so that he could replenish it. On top his terrific service, he has the greatest attitude which was only rivaled by Thomas, our concierge. Thomas is the most knowledgeable concierge we have found. Although we had booked cars in advance, he helped us plan our daily adventures and even saved me a car rental in Kona, where the airport was far away from the cruise port and we really did not need a car. Thomas told us about the botanical gardens in Hilo, which were outstanding and gave us a plan to combine the gardens with Volcano National Park. Thomas also helped us with specialty restaurant reservations, especially at Cagney's where the lady Maitre'D was less than hospitable. Our cabin steward, Jonathan, completed the trifecta of outstanding service we received. We are Platinum status on NCL and Jonathan made sure to tell us he knew that and would be taking great care of us, which he did. I cannot say enough great things about Peter, Thomas, and Jonathan except that they are the best in the cruise industry.

The only small negative with service was the Maitre'D at Cagney's who had no clue what she was doing. She had us wait in the lounge for 20 minutes past our reservation time while she took others who came much later than us. She made no effort to try to accommodate reservation requests (time changes) from Suite passengers. I eventually bypassed her by going through Thomas, who knew how to get things done.

Overall, the service and perks Norwegian provides to its suite passengers is far superior to those offered by other lines. We travel frequently in HAL Neptune Suites and can say NCL has them beat by a mile. The service on NCL Suites is far more personal than those offered by other lines. I wish we could always travel in the Haven, which sometimes is too expensive especially on the newer ships.

The Food:

Only ate at specialty restaurants and found them to be outstanding. One special treat, which is not advertised anywhere, is the lobster that is offered on Kona night only in the Bistro and Cagney's only. Although there is $20 surcharge, it is the freshest and best lobster we have ever had. They bring them in live in Kona and prepare them on the spot. You have to try this.

The Ports were great as everyone else has posted. Easy self-debarkation at the end of the cruise.

If you ever get chance to go on the Deluxe Owner's Suite on the POA, do not pass it up as it will be memorable.

After we got home, we booked the Escape for New Year's. Can't wait to ring in the new year.

Thanks so much for this short but thorough review. We'll be on POA in November in this exact suite, and I can't wait! :D I hope Peter, Thomas, and Jonathan are there when we are, as they sound outstanding!

I have a few questions about the suite if you don't mind:

1) In the bedroom, is there enough room on the floor (or even in the closet) for a small 48" x 20" cot? My son will be just past 3, and we have a little travel cot we take with us for him to sleep on.

2) How many adults would you say could comfortably fit in the hot tub? We are travelling with my entire family so we'll probably have people over enjoying the hot tub with us.

Thanks again! Glad to hear you had a great trip. If you have any more suggestions I for one would LOVE to hear them. :D

The Pride of America's Deluxe Owner's Suite (Grand Suite 12006), largest suite on the ship, made our vacation memorable. We sailed on March 21, 2015. Here's our review:

The Suite: Beautiful large living room with baby grand piano and huge dining table, which we used for breakfast every morning. The sofa bed opened into a large kind size sleeper. 2 refrigerators in the suite, which our butler stocked (complimentary) as we wished. We opted for three very nice Greg Norman Estate bottles of wine in lieu of hard liquor.

The separate bedroom was large and comfortable as was the bathroom with separate shower and tub, and two sinks. Every room, including the bathroom face out onto the one of the largest balconies at sea. Used the jacuzzi on the balcony every day. Three large loungers with nice cushions on the balcony as well as mid-size round table with four chairs on the balcony.

The Service:

Service was the best we have experienced with one small exception. Peter, from Kenya, was our butler and we found him to be the best ever. He came by every morning to check on what we needed. We asked that he bring breakfast from Cagney's, which arrived promptly every single day. He stocked the refrigerators daily always checking on what we were consuming so that he could replenish it. On top his terrific service, he has the greatest attitude which was only rivaled by Thomas, our concierge. Thomas is the most knowledgeable concierge we have found. Although we had booked cars in advance, he helped us plan our daily adventures and even saved me a car rental in Kona, where the airport was far away from the cruise port and we really did not need a car. Thomas told us about the botanical gardens in Hilo, which were outstanding and gave us a plan to combine the gardens with Volcano National Park. Thomas also helped us with specialty restaurant reservations, especially at Cagney's where the lady Maitre'D was less than hospitable. Our cabin steward, Jonathan, completed the trifecta of outstanding service we received. We are Platinum status on NCL and Jonathan made sure to tell us he knew that and would be taking great care of us, which he did. I cannot say enough great things about Peter, Thomas, and Jonathan except that they are the best in the cruise industry.

The only small negative with service was the Maitre'D at Cagney's who had no clue what she was doing. She had us wait in the lounge for 20 minutes past our reservation time while she took others who came much later than us. She made no effort to try to accommodate reservation requests (time changes) from Suite passengers. I eventually bypassed her by going through Thomas, who knew how to get things done.

Overall, the service and perks Norwegian provides to its suite passengers is far superior to those offered by other lines. We travel frequently in HAL Neptune Suites and can say NCL has them beat by a mile. The service on NCL Suites is far more personal than those offered by other lines. I wish we could always travel in the Haven, which sometimes is too expensive especially on the newer ships.

The Food:

Only ate at specialty restaurants and found them to be outstanding. One special treat, which is not advertised anywhere, is the lobster that is offered on Kona night only in the Bistro and Cagney's only. Although there is $20 surcharge, it is the freshest and best lobster we have ever had. They bring them in live in Kona and prepare them on the spot. You have to try this.

The Ports were great as everyone else has posted. Easy self-debarkation at the end of the cruise.

If you ever get chance to go on the Deluxe Owner's Suite on the POA, do not pass it up as it will be memorable.

After we got home, we booked the Escape for New Year's. Can't wait to ring in the new year.

Thanks for the great review:) We will be in the cabin next door for our cruise next year. Was there any noise from the hallway or pool/deck area?

There is no noise that you can hear from the hall in any of the cabins there. There are cabins above you that may make some noise but nothing unbearable.

My sense is that a small cot will fit in front of the desk area next to the bed.

The outside hot tub holds for people comfortably and up to six.

There is no noise that you can hear from the hall in any of the cabins there. There are cabins above you that may make some noise but nothing unbearable.

My sense is that a small cot will fit in front of the desk area next to the bed.

The outside hot tub holds for people comfortably and up to six.

Yes, thanks much for the answers to my questions! :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Food:

Thanks for this tip about the lobster on Kona night in Cagney's. I have a 6:00 reservation for that night, so I'll look for this. Do you know if they still have a $20 surcharge even if you have the UDP?

Thanks for this tip about the lobster on Kona night in Cagney's. I have a 6:00 reservation for that night, so I'll look for this. Do you know if they still have a $20 surcharge even if you have the UDP?

I was on the Sun last week and had UDP. Lobster was offered for $10 up charge even though we had the UDP.