mattresses on the Crown?

grandpa cruiser

In the past, we gave always requested the "egg crate" toppers for the mattresses on most ships on Princess--we have never sailed on the Crown. Could anyone who has sailed recently give me information as to if the mattresses have been upgraded or are they the same?

many thanks,

Cheers!

My mattress on the Crown was fine. The comforter inside the duvet was the issue.

It was bumpy after being washed. Looked like pebbles, a lump of 'feathers' in every square baffle. Wasn't put through a dryer with tennis balls like I do at home. Mom kicked hers apart. I was hoping the RS would have done something about it.

At least I knew it was washed at some point.

In the past, we gave always requested the "egg crate" toppers for the mattresses on most ships on Princess--we have never sailed on the Crown. Could anyone who has sailed recently give me information as to if the mattresses have been upgraded or are they the same?

Mattress's on every Princess ship are replaced on an ongoing basis. There is no way you will ever sail on a ship with all new mattress's unless its brand new.

So it will be a crap shoot. Good luck.

I just got off the Crown on Saturday. My friend and I each had side by side balcony cabins on Caribe. Both of us had terrible mattresses and suffered all week. We got toppers and it didn't really help. I have had good mattresses on my last 3 cruises and now back to a bad mattress on the Crown. :(

^ Same experience as KruzPrincess, but I was on the Mexican Rivera voyage the week after. I was in an oceanview stateroom and the mattress was AWFUL. I got an egg crate topper but it did not help much at all.

Edited by Saffir

I just got off the Crown on Saturday. My friend and I each had side by side balcony cabins on Caribe. Both of us had terrible mattresses and suffered all week. We got toppers and it didn't really help. I have had good mattresses on my last 3 cruises and now back to a bad mattress on the Crown. :(

^ Same experience as KruzPrincess, but I was on the Mexican Rivera voyage the week after. I was in an oceanview stateroom and the mattress was AWFUL. I got an egg crate topper but it did not help much at all.

Come on Princess!! This is totally unacceptable!! :mad: