Changing the mattress..

lyban

Anyone know how often RC changes out the mattresses on board.

We will be on freedom and the cabin I am in was reviewed a couple of years ago and someone mentioned a saggy mattress. Now I know freedom just went through a refurb. But I did not know if any cabins were done. I was under the impression that this refurbishing was mostly for other areas of the ship.

I believe they do keep extra mattresses on board. We had an uncomfortable one on the Explorer once and after we returned someone told me we should have mentioned it to our cabin steward and it would have been switched out.

If you find it uncomfortable once you are onboard, just mention it to your steward...worst case is they can't do anything but if they can replace it you will enjoy your cruise all the more.

We were in a JS on Independence over Christmas and the mattresses looked like they belonged in Bates Motel - sagging in the middle. We woke up with backaches. We mentioned it to the floor supervisor after a few days, and he had them changed with new mattresses. Made a world of difference. Didn't know they could do that, or we would have mentioned it after the first night.

Anyone know how often RC changes out the mattresses on board.

We will be on freedom and the cabin I am in was reviewed a couple of years ago and someone mentioned a saggy mattress. Now I know freedom just went through a refurb. But I did not know if any cabins were done. I was under the impression that this refurbishing was mostly for other areas of the ship.

I found an Orlando Sentinel article from February about the Freedom's recent refurb and it mentions that the mattresses were replaced:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-travel-royal-caribbean-freedom-of-the-seas-20150208-story.html