London Pass for Post Cruise Stay

The lines (we say queues) you will skip are those for people buying tickets. At the Tower of london, the booths are well separated from the entrance so you may still have to queue. The best advice is to arrive early, especially if you want to see The Crown Jewels.

Have a look on the Trip Advisor London forum and you'll find that a lot of people don't consider the London Pass good value, unless you're going to visit all the attractions. A lot of people recommend a Railcard with 2for1 offers, then you are just paying for what you actually visit.

Have a look on the Trip Advisor London forum and you'll find that a lot of people don't consider the London Pass good value, unless you're going to visit all the attractions. A lot of people recommend a Railcard with 2for1 offers, then you are just paying for what you actually visit.

I've seen the Trip Advisor reviews, and would be interested in a rail card with 2 for 1 offers; but am unable to discover the existence of such a card. Can anyone help? My wife and I are both over age 65; but I don't see a lot of senior savings, either.

I've seen the Trip Advisor reviews, and would be interested in a rail card with 2 for 1 offers; but am unable to discover the existence of such a card. Can anyone help? My wife and I are both over age 65; but I don't see a lot of senior savings, either.

I thought that most did offer savings to the over 60s. I see that the Tower for example charges 24.50GBP full rate and 18.70 GBP for over 60s. (slightly less for online bookings.)

The London Eye gives a 10% reduction for Standard tickets but not for any special tickets like Fast Track.

You will, in all cases, need photo ID (passports are best) to prove your age.

I thought that most did offer savings to the over 60s. I see that the Tower for example charges 24.50GBP full rate and 18.70 GBP for over 60s. (slightly less for online bookings.)

The London Eye gives a 10% reduction for Standard tickets but not for any special tickets like Fast Track.

You will, in all cases, need photo ID (passports are best) to prove your age.

Interesting, since the London Pass seems to have no senior discount. That makes it even harder to justify the London Pass.

As far as the Tower of London, plan on taking the Yeoman Warder Tour. Free, and start every half hour or so. Get there and be on the first one for the lowest crowds. Frankly I thought the tour was much more interesting than the crown jewels. In fact those were a bit of a letdown. There were some ravens hanging out that we were able to get within a foot or so of--they are quite tame although I wouldn't try to touch/feed them of course.

As far as the Tower of London, plan on taking the Yeoman Warder Tour. Free, and start every half hour or so. Get there and be on the first one for the lowest crowds. Frankly I thought the tour was much more interesting than the crown jewels. In fact those were a bit of a letdown. There were some ravens hanging out that we were able to get within a foot or so of--they are quite tame although I wouldn't try to touch/feed them of course.

Does one need to pay Tower admission for the Yeoman Warder tour? I agree that it's of more interest than the Crown Jewels, which we've both seen once and have no need to see again.

Does one need to pay Tower admission for the Yeoman Warder tour? I agree that it's of more interest than the Crown Jewels, which we've both seen once and have no need to see again.

Yes. When I said free I meant no additional cost above the entrance fee.

There is also a tour that is free above the entrance fee at St. Paul's Cathedral. You just need to sign up once you arrive.

Edited by ducklite

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this link. I am trying to determine if a rail card is in order for our one trip by train which will be from London to Windsor. We are planning on walking most of the time during our two day visit, but we may also use the tube once or twice in London. Do you know if there is a pass that will cover the train to Windsor and a few tube trips and offer a better price than purchasing the travel separately?

I am also having difficulty identifying the river taxi that can be used to get from Westminister Pier to the Tower of London. If someone has this information I would appreciate it.

Thank you for this link. I am trying to determine if a rail card is in order for our one trip by train which will be from London to Windsor. We are planning on walking most of the time during our two day visit, but we may also use the tube once or twice in London. Do you know if there is a pass that will cover the train to Windsor and a few tube trips and offer a better price than purchasing the travel separately?

I am also having difficulty identifying the river taxi that can be used to get from Westminister Pier to the Tower of London. If someone has this information I would appreciate it.

I do not think there is a pass that will cover travel to Windsor and the Tube, Windsor is just outside the zones controlled by Transport for London.

I used to live in Egham which is very close to Windsor so had a similar problems when guests visited. Traveling into London was okay, you could buy a one day pass from there into London and use the Tube, but not the other way around.

Edited by Hatters cruiser

Do you know if there is a pass that will cover the train to Windsor and a few tube trips and offer a better price than purchasing the travel separately?
If you're going to do some travel in London proper on the same day (ie within the TfL zones), then in theory I think you could get a one-day Travelcard for Zones 1-6, and then an extension fare from the edge of Zone 6 to Windsor. This might work out cheaper. But frankly, I think that life is probably too short to be messing about with stuff like this to make what is probably a trivial saving; if you are travelling from central London to Windsor and back, just go to Waterloo and buy a round-trip ticket to Windsor.
I am also having difficulty identifying the river taxi that can be used to get from Westminister Pier to the Tower of London.
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/river/ and https://tfl.gov.uk/maps/river are a good place to start.

If you're going to do some travel in London proper on the same day (ie within the TfL zones), then in theory I think you could get a one-day Travelcard for Zones 1-6, and then an extension fare from the edge of Zone 6 to Windsor. This might work out cheaper. But frankly, I think that life is probably too short to be messing about with stuff like this to make what is probably a trivial saving; if you are travelling from central London to Windsor and back, just go to Waterloo and buy a round-trip ticket to Windsor.https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/river/ and https://tfl.gov.uk/maps/river are a good place to start.

I agree on the effort involved for a trivial saving. Thank you for your advice.