Do you remember your 1st cruise? I kinda envy 1st timers.

scmona

My first Cruise was last month on RC Majesty...was a Wedding Destination Cruise and was very disappointed[emoji26] the last leg of our Cruise was suppose to be to Key West and because the ship was leaking oil we spent the last day circling at sea till it was time to go...all they have is was $75.00 onboard ship credit. Won't cruise with them again[emoji20]

My first Cruise was last month on RC Majesty...was a Wedding Destination Cruise and was very disappointed[emoji26] the last leg of our Cruise was suppose to be to Key West and because the ship was leaking oil we spent the last day circling at sea till it was time to go...all they have is was $75.00 onboard ship credit. Won't cruise with them again[emoji20]

I feel for you. That ship's voyage on 27th of April was cancelled due to that same oil leak. We saw it leave Miami earlier than was scheduled, then saw it the next day in Freeport, dry-docked. When we got back from our NCL cruise, I heard Majesty had cancelled due to an oil leak. The cruise you were on must have been the one prior to the 27th of April sailing. Royal really is a good line, and if you try them again, take one of the larger ships, like Radiance class or higher. Happy sailing. Welcome to the world of cruising.

Our first cruise was 2 years ago on Grandeur. She may be one of the oldest, smallest ships that RCI has, but it was a fantastic experience. We loved it so much, we sailed again on her last year. We will be sailing on Freedom this year, and it almost feels like we are cheating on her...lol

Our first cruise was 2 years ago on Grandeur. She may be one of the oldest, smallest ships that RCI has, but it was a fantastic experience. We loved it so much, we sailed again on her last year. We will be sailing on Freedom this year, and it almost feels like we are cheating on her...lol

I enjoy the smaller and older ships too. Nothing wrong in my book either. They somehow seem larger when on board than from the outside. If the staff is nice to me and the food is good I am a happy man.

Freedom of the Seas should be a great experience for you. I was on Independence of the Seas, a sister ship of Freedom of the Seas, for a friend's wedding and it was amazing. You will be blown away. The cheating feeling will subside I think.

I enjoy the smaller and older ships too. Nothing wrong in my book either. They somehow seem larger when on board than from the outside. If the staff is nice to me and the food is good I am a happy man.

Freedom of the Seas should be a great experience for you. I was on Independence of the Seas, a sister ship of Freedom of the Seas, for a friend's wedding and it was amazing. You will be blown away. The cheating feeling will subside I think.

Yes. My son is looking forward to it! He loved Grandeur, but he is going to go crazy when he boards Freedom.

• 4 weeks later...

Lewis R French - a ~ 150 year old Maine windjammer. She had 22 passengers, a crew of 3 or 5 if you include the captain's 2 young kids, 2 heads, 2 showers and no motor. Our cabin was so small that if one of us wanted to get dressed, the other had to sit on the bed.

It was great.

DON

My first cruise was in 1992. I hated it. My wife and I were newly married for a few years and travelled with my family and some other friends to the Mexican Riviera for the typical Carnival 7 day, 3 port cruise. Very little time in the ports and I grew tired of the ship very rapidly. Enjoyed time with my wife and family, but thought cruising was not for me.

Fast forward 13 years when my sister wanted to take the same itinerary, but now with Disney Cruises now that we both had children. I will initially opposed, but agreed to the trip. What a difference! I think it was probably the combination of the cruise line, the fact that we had children, and that I was older that allowed me to enjoy it more despite the fact that it was the same itinerary with the same limited time in the ports.

Since we enjoyed this so much, we decided to book a Royal Caribbean Mediterranean cruise in 2008, again with my family. Unfortunately from the time we booked the cruise to before we actually sailed, my mother's health had changed to the point where she could no longer travel and other family members felt that they could no longer afford it. So we cancelled our trip. After we cancelled it I thought "why did we (our family) cancel?" and I happened across an ad in our local paper for an incredibly low cost Mediterranean cruise on Carnival. Without really any research we booked the cruise, which was the ship's maiden voyage from the ship builder to England, stopping in Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Lisbon, and France along the way. We had a fantastic time!

So our kids are now both out of the house and my wife and I will be joining her parents who are seasoned Oceania travelers on our first voyage on Oceania this fall. I am very much looking forward to this cruise, as it is to a different part of the world than we have ever travelled and I think I have learned to relax somewhat (although my wife will dispute this!) and enjoy my time on the ship.