Circumnavigate Australia

GUT2407

OK

Not sure if I should ask it here or maybe on the Australia section but here goes.

Last year [and think for a few years before] Cunard offered a Circumnavigation of Australia, about 24 nights, it doesn't seem to be there this year.

Anyone have any idea how often they offer it?

Last time it was less $ than the 28 nighter by other lines and we were keen but for various reasons couldn't do it.

Thanks

Can't help with your query, but this sounds like fun so hope someone answers.

I know they did it either 2014 or 13 and it was QM2 and as I said a few days less [so a few ports less unfortunately] for the same price as Princess did the 28 night one.

Around Australia is our most likely biggy in 2017 [though around South America is tempting] and Cunard would be nice.

QM2 undertook a circumnavigation of Australia in February 2012 and again in February 2014.

Next year, 2016, QM2 will not be doing any Sydney/Sydney cruise. However, Queen Victoria will be doing an 8 night cruise to Tasmania and Kanagaroo Island from Sydney.

According to the Sydney Ports schedule, which is definitely subject to change, QM2 in 2017 is booked to arrive in Sydney on 25 February and back again on 2 March. This is an odd 6 day round voyage, so if it is correct might be a cruise down to Tasmania and back. In 2018, QM2 is currently booked to arrive in Sydney on 11 February and again on 9 March. As this is some 26 days, this might indicate an Australia circumnavigation cruise.

Hope this might help, but it is all subject to change.

The 2016 itineraries were out at the end of August last year with booking opening in early September.

I'm interested in what is planned as I have a big birthday in March 2017 and it might be nice to celebrate onboard a Queen.

QM2 undertook a circumnavigation of Australia in February 2012 and again in February 2014.

Next year, 2016, QM2 will not be doing any Sydney/Sydney cruise. However, Queen Victoria will be doing an 8 night cruise to Tasmania and Kanagaroo Island from Sydney.

According to the Sydney Ports schedule, which is definitely subject to change, QM2 in 2017 is booked to arrive in Sydney on 25 February and back again on 2 March. This is an odd 6 day round voyage, so if it is correct might be a cruise down to Tasmania and back. In 2018, QM2 is currently booked to arrive in Sydney on 11 February and again on 9 March. As this is some 26 days, this might indicate an Australia circumnavigation cruise.

Thank you so much, I thought it was 2014, but couldn't then find when before that, knew there were none this year or it seemed next and yep 26 days would probably fit, so that may be the one for us.

Feel like a fool for not thinking to look at port schedules.

The 2016 itineraries were out at the end of August last year with booking opening in early September.

I'm interested in what is planned as I have a big birthday in March 2017 and it might be nice to celebrate onboard a Queen.

Thank you, from the previous post it looks like 2018 might be the one I'm after. but if the 6 dayer in 2017 is Tas that would interest us too.

My wife and I tracked that 2014 circumnavigation having bought air tickets in advance and then found there were no Grills or balcony cabins available when we came to book.

Still, it was a great adventure...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/03/25/queen-mary-2-circumnavigates-australia-our-adventure/

We even managed an invite onboard at Darwin...

13384220334_fd15cb8d28_z.jpg

We certainly had lumps in our throats when we waved her off from Perth. We were so close we could hear the sailaway party music, Rod Stewart's We are sailing...

13399337115_12e6e23d23_z.jpg

Moral of the story: If you want to be on it, book it early, those Aussies certainly lap it up.