Another Crown & Anchor question

I will make platinum on my cruise in November 2015. I am thinking of booking the 12 day cruise on Grandeur in Jan 2017 (if available for booking by then) while on board this May. Will I get my balcony discount when booking or should I wait until after cruising in November (when I have earned by points) & risk losing my choice of cabin?

I will make platinum on my cruise in November 2015. I am thinking of booking the 12 day cruise on Grandeur in Jan 2017 (if available for booking by then) while on board this May. Will I get my balcony discount when booking or should I wait until after cruising in November (when I have earned by points) & risk losing my choice of cabin?

You will have to wait until you are actually platinum in order to receive the discount.

You won't be able to get your Platinum balcony discount until after you are Platinum.

I'd book in May, and then check prices again when you are onboard in November. If the price of the cruise has not gone up, they you could ask for the Platinum discount while onboard in November. Note that you may lose any promos that were in effect when you booked.

Thanks, Retired LEO & clarea. That's what I thought. I think I read on CC that if you use your balcony discount you can't use the bogoho deal? Not sure if I remember that correctly. I wasn't sure if I would book a balcony using the discount or book a panoramic view cabin. But it never hurts to ask on this forum. People are so knowledgeable. I think I might take the pv cabin when available. Either one would be a step up for me as I've booked inside & ocean view cabins before. Which PV would you recommend?

Hopefully a travel agent can jump in here and give you a definite answer (and correct me if I am wrong!). However, I believe you can combine C&A balcony discount and Bogoho. I think they can request the balcony discount any time up until final payment. The cost of the cabin does not have anything to do with the C&A discount...it is a set amount. ($XXX than 6 mos out and a little lesser $ within 6 mos). So I would pick your balcony cabin and book it while onboard in May. Then after you become Platinum, your travel agent (or you...if no travel agent) should be able to call C&A and have the balcony discount applied.

You won't be able to get your Platinum balcony discount until after you are Platinum.

I'd book in May, and then check prices again when you are onboard in November. If the price of the cruise has not gone up, they you could ask for the Platinum discount while onboard in November. Note that you may lose any promos that were in effect when you booked.

Congrats on making platinum soon!

I'd book now to get the cabin you want and current price, then in May check to see if re-booking on board gets you a better deal with the on board booking bonus etc... It probably will since we are so close to May the price of the cruise may not go up between now and then. In Nov I'd check on board again to see if they will give you the platinum balcony discount without reprising the cruise

We just turned platinum while on a 10 day cruise and I booked a balcony on Oasis for summer 2016. I asked and they would not give me the discount since they system still had me as Gold. Back on land 1 week later my status changed to platinum and I called and they repriced the cruise and gave me the $100 discount for the balcony. Luckily the price of the cruise had not gone up in that week.

Edited by A6cruiser

Hopefully a travel agent can jump in here and give you a definite answer (and correct me if I am wrong!). However, I believe you can combine C&A balcony discount and Bogoho. I think they can request the balcony discount any time up until final payment. The cost of the cabin does not have anything to do with the C&A discount...it is a set amount. ($XXX than 6 mos out and a little lesser $ within 6 mos). So I would pick your balcony cabin and book it while onboard in May. Then after you become Platinum, your travel agent (or you...if no travel agent) should be able to call C&A and have the balcony discount applied.

Correct that the BOGOHO and balcony discount can be combined.

Royal will reprice your cruise at the current rates if you ask for a balcony discount to be applied afterwards such as in this case making Platinum a or asking for an increased discount for example jumping from Emerald to diamond.

Correct that the BOGOHO and balcony discount can be combined.

Royal will reprice your cruise at the current rates if you ask for a balcony discount to be applied afterwards such as in this case making Platinum a or asking for an increased discount for example jumping from Emerald to diamond.

Wow! That is very interesting. I thought the C&A discount could be applied any time without repricing. Many times the LA says they can't put it on there and just to get the TA to do it later. That was why I thought it CPU,d be done anytime. However, I have never changed levels like that and repriced. Very interesting! Thx!

Wow! That is very interesting. I thought the C&A discount could be applied any time without repricing. Many times the LA says they can't put it on there and just to get the TA to do it later. That was why I thought it CPU,d be done anytime. However, I have never changed levels like that and repriced. Very interesting! Thx!

Didn't use to but back about a year, year and a bit ago when they changed their computer system this came into effect.

I can't book the cruise because it is not open for booking yet. I just heard about it & just recently learned the itinerary. I'm very interested because it is for Southern Caribbean & the Grandeur does not usually go there. I'm hoping booking opens while on our May sailing. It appears to be a special cruise. Like the one we are going on in March 2016, 14 day Caribbean on Carnival Pride. That hits 8 ports. GOS will have 5 ports, 1 of them new. It will give me a chance to see what I missed plus a new port.

I can't book the cruise because it is not open for booking yet. I just heard about it & just recently learned the itinerary. I'm very interested because it is for Southern Caribbean & the Grandeur does not usually go there. I'm hoping booking opens while on our May sailing. It appears to be a special cruise. Like the one we are going on in March 2016, 14 day Caribbean on Carnival Pride. That hits 8 ports. GOS will have 5 ports, 1 of them new. It will give me a chance to see what I missed plus a new port.

Sounds excellent!