New Alaskan menu on Princess for 2015

oumagic

Funny thing is that there are actually very few changes on these menus. They just stuck the little globe icon in front of items that have been on the menu for years to imply that they are now magically Alaska regional dishes. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is that there are actually very few changes on these menus. They just stuck the little globe icon in front of items that have been on the menu for years to imply that they are now magically Alaska regional dishes. :rolleyes:

That's pretty funny! But where are the crab legs on the menu???? Maybe later in the season?

That's pretty funny! But where are the crab legs on the menu???? Maybe later in the season?

There were crab legs one night because we ordered them. I don't think I have that menu though.

Just got off the Crown Princess this past Saturday to Alaska. They had some specialty prepared Alaskan food in Café Caribe one afternoon and on the open deck. Here's a picture of the reindeer chili I had. It was like beef stew. They also had plenty of salmon available along with fish chowder and caribou sausage.

Also, if anyone is interested, here's my Alaskan review that cruise critic just posted.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=505017

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu5592%3Enu%3D6334%3E379%3E235%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3A%3C%3B%3A3%3C9%3A%3A326nu0mrj

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

I agree Sherry.:(

Mike:)

I don't think there is a whole lot new here, Princess has for a long time tried to feature some Alaskan items on their menus for ships doing Alaskan itineraries and good on them. I don't know if they still do it, but late in the afternoon on one day each cruise in the Trident Grill they would do a number of items including crab cakes, a salmon item, a halibut item but my fave was the grilled oysters.

Just off the Golden SF/Alaska. Crab Legs, Halibut and possibly another regional dish were offered at the Crown Grill and also in the MDR on the last night. Crab cakes and other items at the Horizon and Trident Grill. The real problem for me: the quality and taste. I was disappointed in the choices and taste of the food. Alaska, however, makes everything magical with it's natural beauty.

I don't think there is a whole lot new here, Princess has for a long time tried to feature some Alaskan items on their menus for ships doing Alaskan itineraries and good on them. I don't know if they still do it, but late in the afternoon on one day each cruise in the Trident Grill they would do a number of items including crab cakes, a salmon item, a halibut item but my fave was the grilled oysters.

Yes... this:

14425839941_3c6887cfb6_z.jpg

Star Princess - Alaska - June 2014 023 by Richard, on Flickr