New Alaskan menu on Princess for 2015

oumagic

I don't eat anything out of the water but I am sure my mum will eat enough to grow some gills. I booked the Glacier Bay Balcony Breakfast and the poor girl was so excited to tell me about the salmon on something and Alaskan King Crab Quiche. I had to ask her if there was alternatives available. I felt bad to taking the wind out of her sails.

Edited by cdnphotogirl

I hear tell that King Crab legs may be making a reappearance on the Alaska menus...:)

I booked a cruise tour on Grand Princess this week for June and the Princess rep was telling me about the seafood enhancements. She also mentioned that king crab legs were being added to Alaskan cruises. I really missed them when they were removed from the menus - they were always delicious.

Anything from Tracys menu would be a hit, but looks like it will only be available in the specialty restaurant. I'll have to see if it's worth the charge as our cruise won't be going to Juneau.

No, from what I understand, these dishes are not part of the specialty restaurant menus... should be available either in the MDR or up on deck.

No, from what I understand, these dishes are not part of the specialty restaurant menus... should be available either in the MDR or up on deck.

I hope so! We occasionally go to specialty restaurants, but they just serve too much food for us and unlike home, we can't take leftovers home or share an entree'.

Thank you for posting this. Now I am even more excited about our May 16th trip on the Star! Both my DH and I love most seafood.

I just looked this up on the Princess site and It seems we will have crab cakes from Tracy's, Fish tacos for the Alaska Fish house and a Mermaid Halibut Burger for the Skagway Fish Company. Yes, they all soon good to me!

Edited by Rauld

Thank you for posting this. Now I am even more excited about our May 16th trip on the Star! Both my DH and I love most seafood.

I just looked this up on the Princess site and It seems we will have crab cakes from Tracy's, Fish tacos for the Alaska Fish house and a Mermaid Halibut Burger for the Skagway Fish Company. Yes, they all soon good to me!

Hope you enjoy the Star - we were on her last August and spent a wonderful day up in Skywalkers during the day in Tracy Arm. This year we'll be on Grand Princess and unfortunatley, the ship no longer has Skywalkers, so we'll have to find another place to watch the glaciers.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love for someone who is on the ship within the next few weeks to post menus or reviews of the 2015 Alaska menu items. So far all we have is the general info. Looking forward to our trip on the Star May 16.

I hear tell that King Crab legs may be making a reappearance on the Alaska menus...:)

Crab legs have been on the menu in Alaska as an appetizer for years. This is from last July:

14759641942_37a35a1a12.jpg

I do hope someone on an early season cruise will take photos of the new menu and report back to us. I'm not a big seafood eater, but do like some fresh, local things.

Just back off the Coral from Alaska 4 day sampler. They offered the Crab shack menu in the specialty restaurant only and it was at lunch for $20. Sorry I didn't get a pic of the menu. There was a choice of 2 or 3 plates. No crab or lobster in buffet or MDR. Seemed like a great deal as the same would cost more in Juneau. Unfortunately my mom doesn't eat seafood so we had to pass. (We were there on her birthday cruise)

Edited by Lulubelle45

Just back off the Coral from Alaska 4 day sampler. They offered the Crab shack menu in the specialty restaurant only and it was at lunch for $20. Sorry I didn't get a pic of the menu. There was a choice of 2 or 3 plates. No crab or lobster in buffet or MDR. Seemed like a great deal as the same would cost more in Juneau. Unfortunately my mom doesn't eat seafood so we had to pass. (We were there on her birthday cruise)

We had the Crab Shack last year on the Coral and it was so good. I was hoping they would have it on the Coral again for our Alaska cruise this year. It was amazing.

I don't eat anything out of the water but I am sure my mum will eat enough to grow some gills. I booked the Glacier Bay Balcony Breakfast and the poor girl was so excited to tell me about the salmon on something and Alaskan King Crab Quiche. I had to ask her if there was alternatives available. I felt bad to taking the wind out of her sails.

Did you book the Glacier Bay balcony breakfast ahead of time or on the ship?

It would be nice to have crab legs in MDR. I love crab legs. We have a restaurant down here that cooks them to perfection! Seasoned just right! Of course, we are Louisiana, so that means Cajun seasoning! Ay ee!:D

• 4 weeks later...