New Alaskan menu on Princess for 2015

oumagic

After reading some of their promotional material regarding the "Alaska Onboard Experience", I think the number 1 thing I am looking forward to on the ship, besides our day at Glacier Bay, is the "Alaskan menu." We had booked before this promotion came out, but it sure sounds great. We got an email from our travel agent that we can print our documents and I just got excited when I went to the website and saw this (below). I copied a spot from their website and will be curious if the actual menu lives up to the hype.:

From Princess website http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/north-to-alaska/

Wild Alaska Seafood

In the spirit of the wild, untamed Great Land, Princess Cruises has expanded our Alaska seafood offerings onboard and partnered with local experts to provide an authentic culinary experience sure to be savored!

Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute Partnership - Princess Chefs trained by Alaska seafood experts to prepare authentic Alaska cuisine.

Alaska Menus - An Alaska-themed dinner in the main dining rooms and special Alaska seafood menus in the specialty restaurants onboard.

Local Alaska Favorites - Specialty dishes from local eateries including Tracy's King Crab Shack, The Alaska Fish House, and the Skagway Fish Company.

Great Alaska Seafood Cookoff - Winning dish from Chef Travis Haugen of Southside Bistro served on board.

Edited by oumagic

I was just trying to convince my husband to take our second Alaskan cruise...I'm not sure he wants to do it again, but with the Discovery at Sea and some new and interesting excursions he may change his mind.

However, the new Alaskan menu you posted may help my cause...:)

We are on the Pacific Princess in August and are delighted to see these new menus.

My only question is- How come it took so long to figure out that people visiting an area might be interested in having food from that area? It has always seemed so obvious to me.

My only question is- How come it took so long to figure out that people visiting an area might be interested in having food from that area? It has always seemed so obvious to me.

I agree, but judging from the complaints on the Caribbean menu threads, not everyone will be happy. I can hear it now: "Too much seafood." LOL.

I have no clue what will be on the menu, but I am excited. Just looking at the menu from "Tracy's King Crab Shack" makes one think that there will be something "crab related" on the new menu. I doubt I will be disappointed in a menu item on the cruise from "Tracy's" unless they serve a frozen fish stick with a side of Tracy's cole slaw or rice! Shoot, that might not even be all bad :cool:

I could see it being Tracy's crab cakes or bisque instead of full fledge crab legs on the menu. I am not trying to fuel rumors, just logistically speaking I think that would be more likely than serving king crab legs. But 5waldos is correct: they clearly show a bowl of crab legs on the page I linked in the first post.

Edited by oumagic

I'm probably the only person you will find who doesn't like crab. As for fish... whatever. I can eat it but there are many things I prefer to fish.

I will likely stick with the regular menu but my wife would be very happy with this. She loves crab, salmon, etc. Soooooo... if it makes my wife happy then I'm all for it. :D I guess we'll find out on our return voyage from Alaska in June.

I agree, but judging from the complaints on the Caribbean menu threads, not everyone will be happy. I can hear it now: "Too much seafood." LOL.

I don't eat seafood:eek: but the hubby does! So I promise not to complain as long as there is something I can have and I'm sure there will be something I will like!

After reading some of their promotional material regarding the "Alaska Onboard Experience", I think the number 1 thing I am looking forward to on the ship, besides our day at Glacier Bay, is the "Alaskan menu." We had booked before this promotion came out, but it sure sounds great. We got an email from our travel agent that we can print our documents and I just got excited when I went to the website and saw this (below). I copied a spot from their website and will be curious if the actual menu lives up to the hype.:

From Princess website http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/north-to-alaska/

Wild Alaska Seafood

In the spirit of the wild, untamed Great Land, Princess Cruises has expanded our Alaska seafood offerings onboard and partnered with local experts to provide an authentic culinary experience sure to be savored!

Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute Partnership - Princess Chefs trained by Alaska seafood experts to prepare authentic Alaska cuisine.

Alaska Menus - An Alaska-themed dinner in the main dining rooms and special Alaska seafood menus in the specialty restaurants onboard.

Local Alaska Favorites - Specialty dishes from local eateries including Tracy's King Crab Shack, The Alaska Fish House, and the Skagway Fish Company.

Great Alaska Seafood Cookoff - Winning dish from Chef Travis Haugen of Southside Bistro served on board.

Yum! can't wait. Thank you for posting!

I don't eat seafood:eek: but the hubby does! So I promise not to complain as long as there is something I can have and I'm sure there will be something I will like!

I'm in the same boat. DH will be thrilled. No swimmers for me!