Princess Air questions

Hazelnut1106

We are considering booking our flights thru Princess. Having never done this before I have a couple of questions. First it confuses me as to why the 'flexible' air prices generally seem to be less than the 'restricted' air prices.

1. If you book a flexible reservation, is the price then fixed at the time of booking?

2. The fine print says that your flight is confirmed at the time of booking even with the 'flexible' reservations. So are you confirmed on the flight(s) that you have selected?

3. Do you receive a record locator number for your flight reservations? I.e. Are you then able to view your flights on the selected airlines website? Can you select your seats on the airline's website? Or do you possibly not get a record locator number until the flights are paid for?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Susan

Since we are asking questions about Princess Air I have a couple for the experts. I have time to plan. This for next year.

Can you request a nonstop flight? I will be traveling with a scooter and the idea of changing planes does not sound like fun.

I live in Arizona and will be heading to FLL. Will they fly me out the day before? Even leaving early I can't see me dashing to the ship on the day we are supposed to leave on the Royal.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Happy travels to all

Susan

We are considering booking our flights thru Princess. Having never done this before I have a couple of questions. First it confuses me as to why the 'flexible' air prices generally seem to be less than the 'restricted' air prices.

1. If you book a flexible reservation, is the price then fixed at the time of booking?

2. The fine print says that your flight is confirmed at the time of booking even with the 'flexible' reservations. So are you confirmed on the flight(s) that you have selected?

3. Do you receive a record locator number for your flight reservations? I.e. Are you then able to view your flights on the selected airlines website? Can you select your seats on the airline's website? Or do you possibly not get a record locator number until the flights are paid for?

Susan

They say that the price isn't fixed until final payment . After 10 Princess Air bookings I never have seen the booked price go up. You'll your Record locator right away. Keep in mind that some airlines won't let you book a seat on line . you'll have to call the airline direct. With some airlines you can't even book a seat until the ticket is paid for and released to the airline.

Since we are asking questions about Princess Air I have a couple for the experts. I have time to plan. This for next year.

Can you request a nonstop flight? I will be traveling with a scooter and the idea of changing planes does not sound like fun.

I live in Arizona and will be heading to FLL. Will they fly me out the day before? Even leaving early I can't see me dashing to the ship on the day we are supposed to leave on the Royal.

Happy travels to all

Susan

You book dirct flights if they are available. You can search by airline. You can book the flight for up to 3 days earlier if the price is better.

We booked the refundable air for our Med cruise and its fixed and has been for 6 months, and yes it was much lower the restricted price.

Yes

Yes you receive a airline res number. We are on Lufthansa and were not able to book seats yet.

Susan

See above in red

Yes if one is available there is a box to check, nonstop/1 stop/2 stops

Yes there is a place to change the departure date.

Happy travels to all

Susan

See above in red

Yes, you can book non-stops if available. We are holding reservations for non-stop to Venice & return from Barcelona. With our airline (Delta) we were able to choose seats at the time of reservations.

Susan

In February, I booked air from DFW<>FLL for $649, in April I saw on Princess air that the fare had been reduced to $349. I called our Princess Rep and immediately got re-booked at the new fare. The tickets had already been issued, but no problem.

Princess air flex is very good.

Thank you for all your responses. We need a one way LAX to Buenos Aires ticket and Princess definitely is showing better airfares than booking directly with the airlines. (Although it really baffles me as to why the refundable flexible prices are less than the restricted fares.:confused: Can't help wondering if there is some 'catch' or downside to booking the flexible ticket.)

I am used to always booking our own air travel. And we don't mind paying for the plane tickets before the final cruise payment if that solidifies our air reservation more.

We have only used it once but when I did that search the fixed fares were cheaper than the flexible, as you would expect. When doing random price checks I have seen it the opposite as you have but not too often.

Thanks. That makes more sense.

Thank you for all your responses. We need a one way LAX to Buenos Aires ticket and Princess definitely is showing better airfares than booking directly with the airlines. (Although it really baffles me as to why the refundable flexible prices are less than the restricted fares.:confused: Can't help wondering if there is some 'catch' or downside to booking the flexible ticket.)

I am used to always booking our own air travel. And we don't mind paying for the plane tickets before the final cruise payment if that solidifies our air reservation more.

We always have flexible air held. Never a problem. Once held we check everyday for better routing at a cheaper price. When it happens no problem changing flights. Several times we have arrived a day early especially to Asia and Europe.

We never used Princess air in the past - figuring that we could get a better deal on our own. For our upcoming Baltic cruise I checked with Princess just for kicks. I was surprised to find lower airfare with Princess than I could get on my own. And also shocked to find that the flexible fares were less than the fixed fares. Needless to say, we booked our air through Princess.

In February, I booked air from DFW<>FLL for $649, in April I saw on Princess air that the fare had been reduced to $349. I called our Princess Rep and immediately got re-booked at the new fare. The tickets had already been issued, but no problem.

Princess air flex is very good.

Question: I have been checking the Delta site to keep tabs on our flight price wise. How/where do you check the price for Princess air? I see the air reservation on my personalizer but there is no price that I can see, the price is on my invoice. I can't do a "mock" booking, at least to my knowledge. AND, I certainly don't want to "screw" up what I have locked in.

Inquiring minds....................;)

Question: I have been checking the Delta site to keep tabs on our flight price wise. How/where do you check the price for Princess air? I see the air reservation on my personalizer but there is no price that I can see, the price is on my invoice. I can't do a "mock" booking, at least to my knowledge. AND, I certainly don't want to "screw" up what I have locked in.

It's fairly easy to check this. Bring up tour cruise (do not go into personalizer). You will see a tab for "flight quotes." Click this, fill in your airport city, the class you desire and enter. You will see the fares available for both restricted and flexible. You can do this without going through the booking process.

You can do a mock booking, not through the personalizer. I kept checking for my flights and got 3 or 4 reductions before final payment. I called my TA when I found a lower rate and had her deal with Princess so I didn't screw anything up. This is my first time with Princess and I was really impressed with PrincessAir.

It's fairly easy to check this. Bring up tour cruise (do not go into personalizer). You will see a tab for "flight quotes." Click this, fill in your airport city, the class you desire and enter. You will see the fares available for both restricted and flexible. You can do this without going through the booking process.

You can do a mock booking, not through the personalizer. I kept checking for my flights and got 3 or 4 reductions before final payment. I called my TA when I found a lower rate and had her deal with Princess so I didn't screw anything up. This is my first time with Princess and I was really impressed with PrincessAir.

Thank you both! I didn't take the booking that far to see the air quote tab :p This is our first time using the EZ air as well. Wouldn't do it for domestic but it's great for Europe newbies like us. :)

We have some relatives with health issues and occasionally we need to cancel a cruise. The Flexible fares can be cancelled up to 45 days before departure with no cost. We got outstanding fares on our Baltic cruise in 2013. Used for LAX to FLL in 2014 and actually beat any other price. Also had decent prices for the Med last year. The flexible fares have no catch and they have been fixed at booking. They have also been as cheap or cheaper that the fixed fares.

Just a FYI Princess will talk to you about EZ Air even if you have booked with a TA...the flight prices are live so they change at moments notice...trying to get you TA to call Princess could take time... :)
On on cruise, our TA was able to get Princess Air airfares over $100/person cheaper than we saw on line and we were looking at the same time. We took his fare.

On on cruise, our TA was able to get Princess Air airfares over $100/person cheaper than we saw on line and we were looking at the same time. We took his fare.

Interesting. My TA is a top Princess TA and she said I had to book Princess Air myself.

I gotten airfare cheaper by calling Princess vs just booking it online. Sounds like it is better to call someone :)

Edited by Justprettynpink

Interesting. My TA is a top Princess TA and she said I had to book Princess Air myself.

Mine too! We booked with Princess and they emailed the TA with the information and it was added to our TA's booking invoice.

Comment: air is covered by Princess insurance. Our full fare ($3300.00) for air was also returned, when we had to cancel our expensive cruise (over 20 K's) a few days before departure.

Viva Berkeley!

Pia, I remember that - we never travel without it :)