What is Princess Live! on the Regal?

baggal

I have been on the Royal and just booked the Regal for Christmas as it was basically my only choice. Princess, PLEASE bring my favorite ship RUBY back to Ft. Lauderdale!!!!

I must admit to feeling the same way. The last four years in January we have cruised the Caribbean out of FLL doing either 10 or 20 days, primarily on the Emerald. This year we did the same routine on the Royal (20 days, eastern and southern routes). Decided we did not like it as much as on the Emerald. Next year we are doing something different in January. We do have 75 days booked in 2015 and 2016, but none of those days are on Royal class ships.

Prefer the older classes of ships. Also the Royal cannot fit into the some of the same piers as the Emerald did in a couple of the ports. In those cases the new docking location is not as convenient as the piers the Emerald used. Dominica is a good example. The Emerald docked right downtown. The Royal had to dock a few miles away at the industrial deep water port.

Edited by RDC1

I must admit to feeling the same way. The last four years in January we have cruised the Caribbean out of FLL doing either 10 or 20 days, primarily on the Emerald. This year we did the same routine on the Royal (20 days, eastern and southern routes). Decided we did not like it as much as on the Emerald. Next year we are doing something different in January. We do have 75 days booked in 2015 and 2016, but none of those days are on Royal class ships.

Prefer the older classes of ships. Also the Royal cannot fit into the some of the same piers as the Emerald did in a couple of the ports. In those cases the new docking location is not as convenient as the piers the Emerald used. Dominica is a good example. The Emerald docked right downtown. The Royal had to dock a few miles away at the industrial deep water port.

Interesting. Was there another ship downtown? Because we've been on the Emerald Princess several times where there was another ship in Roseau and we were at the freight dock. Not my favorite either.

I'm not sure I see us on the Royal Princess next winter either. Regardless of how nice the ship is for a cruise or two, we're hearing from friends who were on it for at least two months last winter that it wasn't a hit. We're happy the Emerald Princess is returning to Fort Lauderdale, if only for one more season.

Interesting. Was there another ship downtown? Because we've been on the Emerald Princess several times where there was another ship in Roseau and we were at the freight dock. Not my favorite either.

I'm not sure I see us on the Royal Princess next winter either. Regardless of how nice the ship is for a cruise or two, we're hearing from friends who were on it for at least two months last winter that it wasn't a hit. We're happy the Emerald Princess is returning to Fort Lauderdale, if only for one more season.

Nope the downtown pier was empty and the gate locked. In the 3 times were were there on the Emerald we docked all three times downtown. Also in Bonaire the Royal docked further away when the closer pier was empty.

It was nice meeting you on the Pacific Princess in Tahiti last October.

At Hana Iti beach on Huahine Iti! I was just thinking of that this morning. :) If your January plans include the Emerald Princess our paths may cross again.

Probably not this next year. We are currently scheduled to be spending time around South America instead. I expect that we will run into you somewhere in the future though.

Nope the downtown pier was empty and the gate locked. In the 3 times were were there on the Emerald we docked all three times downtown. Also in Bonaire the Royal docked further away when the closer pier was empty.

In Dominica we have docked at the industrial dock several times on the Emerald and the Ruby even though the main dock downtown was empty.

Edited by Colo Cruiser