Majesty of the Seas formal night

I need some advice. My friend is really worried that he will not be allowed into the dining room on formal night, as he does not have a suit. I suggested nice pants (which he does have) with a button up shirt and tie, or a vest. I don't have any formal dresses (except my wedding dress), but I bought a sundress that looks chiffon-y and plan on dressing it up with some jewelry.

Do you think we'll be ok, or should we skip it (we leave town on Saturday, so not enough time to run around buying clothes).

I saw lots of resort casual on Majesty formal night. Lots of hot Miami women in short shorts and skimpy dresses. Guys dressed for the club. They aren't turning anyone away for not being formal especially on the short cruises. DONT WORRY!

My first cruise was on the Majesty. I ate at Johnny Rockets the first night for dinner and skipped formal night in the dining room the second night. I was in my stateroom at the time I should have been at dinner. My Stateroom Attendant came by and explained that they get the rooms ready for the night while we're at dinner. When I told him I didn't have any formal wear, he told me a nice shirt and nice pants would be fine.

I went to dinner in the dining room for the first time on the third night. Wished I had gone there the previous nights and have not missed a dinner in the main dining room ever since. On formal nights, I wear a black button up shirt with black pants. I don't even bring my black shoes anymore for formal night, just wear my khaki color deck shoes to dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!