Not excited for the American Table menu

Riley's Mom

Agreed that this fancy new American Table menu is nothing special.

They coulda left the old menu!

But worse than the menu

is the specially-chosen but bloody awful syncopated Jazz music

selected to go with American Table menu! :confused:

I learned this when I complained to the Maitre d' desk on my way out

when I was told that they can't change the dreadful dreary music

because it is themed with American Table. :eek:

Several of us --including the wait staff-- were wondering about this annoying choice of music

which does NOT 'gel' with Carnival's funnest Caribbean cruise!

What a shame that weird Syncopated Jazz

is the only American music Carnival could find to match-up with American Table?!

Someone thought of it as 'Sophisticated/Refined'

which they are clearly aiming for

judging by the hovering table service we got in the midships dining room.

Magic is scheduled to switch on May 31.

Thank you!! I thought I had read that somewhere but couldn't remember. I wouldn't mind trying the new menu sometime but some of the stuff off the old menu I have been craving!!!

1. What's wring with Applebee's ?

2. With any 7 day menu, there are several entrees I like but offered on the same night, and other nights that I can't get too excited about any of the options

Edited by LuckyZ

The vegetarian options now consist of vegetable pies/tarts/biscuits without enough protein. If I wanted to eat unhealthy food I would choose fried chicken but that isn't available either . Of course every night there is an Indian option which I do like to have once on a 7 day cruise not every night.

The vegetarian options now consist of vegetable pies/tarts/biscuits without enough protein. If I wanted to eat unhealthy food I would choose fried chicken but that isn't available either . Of course every night there is an Indian option which I do like to have once on a 7 day cruise not every night.

Lack of protein would seem to be a hazard of being vegetarian. Looks like there are also a salad or three, a soup or three, vegetarian lasagna and other pasta dishes, spring rolls, besides the pies/tarts/biscuits and the pastry.

The poor vegans i don't know what they would be able to eat

There is a review floating around out there of someone who cruised on the Imagination and was a Vegan. The staff pretty much bent over backwards to accomodate her. I can't remember all the specifics of everything she got, but I know that they made her the chilled Strawberry Bisque with soy milk as opposed to cream. Things like that.

To everyone else, there is actually quite a bit of protein on these menus for vegetarians. Cheese, as mentioned. As well as beans/legumes, whole grains, and some vegetables. Eggs are readily available at breakfast and brunch.

There is a review floating around out there of someone who cruised on the Imagination and was a Vegan. The staff pretty much bent over backwards to accomodate her. I can't remember all the specifics of everything she got, but I know that they made her the chilled Strawberry Bisque with soy milk as opposed to cream. Things like that.

To everyone else, there is actually quite a bit of protein on these menus for vegetarians. Cheese, as mentioned. As well as beans/legumes, whole grains, and some vegetables. Eggs are readily available at breakfast and brunch.

I think Carnival generally does go above and beyond what they need to.