Jamies on Anthem

The following is from the Live streaming onboard the Anthem, hosted by Colleen with Cruise Critic who was able to ask questions direct of management concerning this matter. DONT CANCEL YOUR PREPAIDS AS THEY WILL BE HONORED. (But I will print this to take!!!;)

Is it true that Jamie's Italian has now gone A-la-carte? This was one of the for-fee restaurants I was planning on booking but will have to take another look now.

by ransrider April 20 at 9:11 AM

Colleen, Cruise Critic...

Hi there! we were told today at a Royal Caribbean press conference that surcharges will be honored. So if you've paid already for a future sailing, you won't need to pay an additional fee to dine at Jamie's -- no a la carte for you.

April 21 at 3:57 AM

We ate in Jamie's tonight on the anthem. I can confirm we were asked if we booked before we sailed, on confirming we had booked weeks ago, our pre paid booking was honoured and we did not have to pay any more. It was excellent food. It was also quiet, I assume due to all the cancellations and nobody wanting to go a la carte.

We ate in Jamie's tonight on the anthem. I can confirm we were asked if we booked before we sailed, on confirming we had booked weeks ago, our pre paid booking was honoured and we did not have to pay any more. It was excellent food. It was also quiet, I assume due to all the cancellations and nobody wanting to go a la carte.

Glad to hear that, and glad you enjoyed the meal. But while they've asked about the pre-booking on this maiden voyage, how many sailings into the future will they do that? We don't saill for another six months. I want it in writing from RCI... Happy to have your post to cite to RCI if need be.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thats good to hear, I have just called Royal and was told I had two options either cancel or have what we have paid already as a deposit to take off what we spend on the A La Carte menu :confused:

I can't understand why there is nothing official from Royal on this.

To cancel a paid contract, two parties have to agree, those are consumer rights. They want people to cancel quietly, this suits them fine but the law is not on their side to be able to cancel the contract without agreement on both sides. If you want to eat at the price you paid, that is your right and that is what they have done on this trip.

I had a reply from Michael Bayley today stating

"Any guest who prepaid the fixed charge will be honored."

Due to the number of people he copied on it I do not foresee any problems

Not quite what is being said on board according to this thread (post #62)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199195&page=4

So ordering up to four courses for free if you pre paid isn't enough for you to be honoured.

How many courses of Italian food do you need to eat? We aren't American's and 3-4 courses should be enough food for any appetite.

So ordering up to four courses for free if you pre paid isn't enough for you to be honoured.

How many courses of Italian food do you need to eat? We aren't American's and 3-4 courses should be enough food for any appetite.

They should honor the terms and conditions at the time they took the payment. If that means 1 course for 1 person, or 6 courses for another, so be it. It's not our position to say how much is reasonable or unreasonable for someone to eat as that's not the issue here. The issue is RCI changing their own terms and conditions on the fly and maybe<?> honoring the deal made with guests already paid in full.

Not quite what is being said on board according to this thread (post #62)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199195&page=4

Got to say I am happy with the response I got. I have it in writing and 3/4 courses are enough for me.

Of course to get money's worth I will make sure to order the more expensive dishes.

As a gold card member of Jamie's maybe I should write to him too......

Gordon Ramsey I understand is quite big in the States and Jamie Oliver not so much.

If you know Gordon Ramsey then the easiest way to describe Jamie is he's the COMPLETE opposite.

Gordon got stars, Jamie doesn't

Edited by JezzaC

It's okay John ........

as you don't even know who he is .....

why would you know one of his favourite words ??

and I'm not digging you out ......

its just really funny :)

:what:

I am so confused now.

We do know Gordon.

I like when he calls the staff "donkey"

Don't recall using a favorite word of Jamie

No worries

Got my e-docs for my may Quantum cruise today. It seems that Devinly Decadence actually will be converted to Solarium Bistro by then. Anyone knows anything about that, at all?

It was always Divinly Decadence at the Solarium Bistro. While Oasis and Quantum class both have Solarium Bistro, Devinly Decadence is only featured on the Quantum class.