cabin deck sway question

On every ship I have been on, doesn't matter if Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, NCL, etc. the higher the deck the more I have been able to feel the sway of the ship. The worst I have felt is usually high up and in the front.

I use to get sea sick so I would always pick on the Riviera deck in the middle of the ship, had no problems there. Now, I love the lido deck.:D

I agree that the higher the deck , the more you feel the movement of the ocean. If there are lots of waves because of wind,the ships speed etc. you may feel the movement more in lower decks too.

If you are concerned then start taking anti seasick meds when you get on board before you feel ill! We do that for every cruise. Meclazine is the generic med that is contained in both Bonine and Dramamine II. It is sold over the counter at all pharmacies.

We almost always book Riveria deck because of motion and of course COST. One time we booked up in the 7th deck and didn't really have a problem too much with motion. We really liked the location being closer to the action!

I agree that the higher the deck , the more you feel the movement of the ocean. If there are lots of waves because of wind,the ships speed etc. you may feel the movement more in lower decks too.

If you are concerned then start taking anti seasick meds when you get on board before you feel ill! We do that for every cruise. Meclazine is the generic med that is contained in both Bonine and Dramamine II. It is sold over the counter at all pharmacies.

Does that medicine make you drowsy at all?

Thank you

Does that medicine make you drowsy at all?

Thank you

It does make me drowsy, but not as much as regular dramamine. I find that if I take it at night I'm not as drowsy during the day. The scopalamine patch does not make me drowsy, but it's prescription only. It can cause blurry vision and dry mouth, but it works great.

It does make me drowsy, but not as much as regular dramamine. I find that if I take it at night I'm not as drowsy during the day. The scopalamine patch does not make me drowsy, but it's prescription only. It can cause blurry vision and dry mouth, but it works great.

Ok..thanks. This will be our first cruise..so thinking better safe than sorry.

Hello,

Does anyone know of any Carnival ships where they can feel they sway of the ship based on deck location?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Any ship can experience sway. Seasoned cruisers avoid forward cabins, and lower is better from a seasickness standpoint. Some people are more prone to seasickness than others. I've only experienced it on a couple of cruises, and never to the point of actually getting sick.

We love the motion of the ocean, and so, choose forward or rear cabins. I realize that it's easier to get to lido and pools while staying aft, but I enjoy a porthole cabin in the front.

Some seasoned cruisers prefer the motion.;)

Like those before me, the more centered and lower in the ship the less you feel the motions. Think of an old fashioned teeter-totter....the middle has very little up and down motion, the seats on either end go way up and way down....the same as a ship!!

We have always stayed Deck 6 or 7 as mid ship as possible and have never had a problem with motion, however, if you hit "bad water" (i.e., storm) then you will feel it wherever you are, but lesser so on lower more centered cabins.

I've never had an issue with seasickness except on our second cruise and I honestly feel like the ship or what level I was on made absolutely no difference. It was due to the choppiness of the waves and the speed the ship was moving at. It seemed like 1 out of every 3 people were sick due to the rocking. After a couple hours the captain made an announcement he was slowing the ship's speed. That made a huge difference! I felt so much better!

Edited by Saltz

Call it "quack medicine" if you wish, but DW swears by sea-bands. They are little wrist bands with a small plastic piece that works by putting pressure on the pressure points in your wrist. She says they are never uncomfortable, either. It is an alternative to try if you dont want to be medicated. :)

Hello,

Does anyone know of any Carnival ships where they can feel they sway of the ship based on deck location?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

We book Lido Deck cabins and always feel the sway of the ship. We love that feeling and have never suffered from seasickness.

As far at lower decks of our ships, on rough or windy sea days, we've definitely felt the ship pitch and roll in the main dining room. Again, we love the feeling.

Call it "quack medicine" if you wish, but DW swears by sea-bands. They are little wrist bands with a small plastic piece that works by putting pressure on the pressure points in your wrist. She says they are never uncomfortable, either. It is an alternative to try if you dont want to be medicated. :)

I used the sea bands all through my pregnancies. Even if they are "quack medicine", psychosomatically they worked for me at times.