My very quick, to the point Oasis OTS review 4/11/15

We sailed Oasis ots April 11-18, 2015 and this is my very quick review.

1. This ship is beautiful and the artwork is as well.

2. Sabor's restaurant was really great. Never saw it full at any time during the week, so reservations were not necessary.

3. Izumi restaurant was also great, although reservations are needed here. Both the Hibatchi side and the sushi side were always full.

4. Giovanni's table. I know it says to "allow 2 hrs to thoroughly enjoy your dining experience", but I'm not sure they meant without being waited on for 30 mins or having to watch waiters and head waiter walk by your table of empty wine and water glasses for 20mins until we had to actually get up to ask for help. The food was ok, but not as good as we had remembered. We watched as three other tables came, drank, ate and left while we sat. We had 7:30pm reservation on the last day. In hind sight that was probably a mistake on our part for doing it the last day as my husband and one of our son's had to leave before we even got the dessert menu as it was 10:20pm and they had to get back to the cabin to put our luggage out by 11:00pm. Won't do that again.

5. Ate in the dining room and windjammer for dinner a few times and it was very good. No complaints here. Windjammer has enough variety that it should please just about anyone.

6. Lunch in the dining room was nice. Those salads are fantastic.

7. Labadee. We got a cabana!! Checked with shore excursion desk as soon as we got on the ship and they had one available on Adrenaline island. Was sooo worth the $$. We had lounge chairs, ice cold bottled water, floaty mats, and a cabana attendant to get you drinks.

The downside of being at adrenaline is please be aware that the water is VERY rocky. My husband cut his leg on either a rock or coral or something. Please be aware.

PS - Be sure to tip your cabana attendant well. It's a long trip back and forth all day and our attendant was not young, but he was so friendly. Tip, Tip, Tip...

7. Falmouth. We have already been to Dunn's river falls and have done other excursion in Montego Bay and Ocho Rios and weren't excited about the long bus/van rides so we just wandered around the shopping area and got back on board for some hot tub time.

We were delayed leaving Jamaica by about 30 minutes due to a bus load of passengers that were late coming back from some excursion. We assumed it was a ship sponsored excursion otherwise they might have just left them....They all got yells and a big round of applause when they were getting out of the van to come aboard. haha.

8. Cozumel. Grabbed a cab ($17.00 one way for a party of 4) to Mr. Sanchos. All inclusive $50.00 per person. We loved it. The food, the pools, the beach were all great. Wait staff very attentive and friendly. Restrooms clean. Even with six ships in port it was crowded.

9. Comedy show was very fun. Get reservations! There was always a very long line for stand by.

10. Cats. Didn't see the first half and just about 30mins of the second half. Costumes and set were fantastic, show was just ok for me.

11. Bingo. With those machines being just about the only way to win now-days, of course we didn't win by just doing the paper way. Just seems to take the fun out of bingo. I remember the times when everyone had to do the paper ones. Just made it a bit more entertaining in my opinion. Now you just watch a screen and yell bingo when it tells you to. :/

12. Premium drink package worked well for us. We love the champagne drinks and martini's so at $12.00 a drink we met and exceeded our daily amount every day for sure.

13. We had to call the states one time from our cabin $7.95 a minute, but being diamond members it was $2.00 a minute....Huge difference.

14. Was a bit disappointed in the wait staff in the diamond lounge. Not sure if it was because we had our two son's with us. They are 25 and 29 yrs old, but they look much younger. It was their first time as diamond members and they were looking forward to the the diamond lounge experience as we had told them how awesome it was on the Navigator that my husband and I were on last summer, but unfortunately it wasn't. Never and I mean never got waited on, was passed up every time...we ended up just going to the bartender and ordering on our own. Only thing we could think of was they must have thought the boys were underage and didn't want to risk being in trouble if they served them. That aside, the diamond lounge was nice and only a few times was it crowded. Windows looked out onto the boardwalk area.

15. We had a great time. Again, the ship is beautiful. The staff very friendly. We gave our WOW cards to our cabin attendant, Eduardo in Izumi and Ashford in the on-air club.

16. Cafe promenade has yummy rice crispy treats and a Willy Wonka pie that they say some people skip dessert in the dining room to get it ;) I was very yummy too.

17. Formal nights were Sunday and Wednesday. While I saw most men in either jackets or nice button up shirts (only a hand full of tuxedos) women were mostly in short dresses or nice slacks and blouses. I didn't see many in formal dresses.

18. Starboard side was the side that faced all the ports.

Edited by libertybelle41

Do you remember the price of the cabana on Adrenaline beach? I just checked my reservation number for my cruise and, even though its too late to book, I can't see the ones at this beach. I know the ones at Barefoot (suites) and Nellies are $250, from the photos I've seen the Adrenaline beach ones should be less. I'll have to re-look for photos of the Adrenaline beach cabanas. I've forgotten what they look like.

(Just searched the forum and found some photos. Is it a long walk to the lunch from these cabanas?

Do you remember the price of the cabana on Adrenaline beach? I just checked my reservation number for my cruise and, even though its too late to book, I can't see the ones at this beach. I know the ones at Barefoot (suites) and Nellies are $250, from the photos I've seen the Adrenaline beach ones should be less. I'll have to re-look for photos of the Adrenaline beach cabanas. I've forgotten what they look like.

(Just searched the forum and found some photos. Is it a long walk to the lunch from these cabanas?

There are several locations that the buffets are located one is very close to the adrenaline beach area. The cabin attendant said he would bring lunch to us if we wanted him to, but we wanted to go ourselves.

$225.00 for the cabana's at adrenaline. They are the "oversized bed" looking ones with the white canopy.

There are several locations that the buffets are located one is very close to the adrenaline beach area. The cabin attendant said he would bring lunch to us if we wanted him to, but we wanted to go ourselves.

$225.00 for the cabana's at adrenaline. They are the "oversized bed" looking ones with the white canopy.

This one?

DSC_0832_zps9237dafb.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time to post a nice review. I think all of us first timers on Oasis get a little nervous since there are so many negative comments. I've learned not to buy into them, but it's always good to hear positive remarks anyway!

Thanks for taking the time to post a nice review. I think all of us first timers on Oasis get a little nervous since there are so many negative comments. I've learned not to buy into them, but it's always good to hear positive remarks anyway!

Thanks!

With any cruise there's always something that bugs you a bit, but the good waaaaay out weighed any negatives.