Live from the Volendam

hmorrow

We have been on board for about 1 week, boarding in Hong Kong.

The total embarkation took about a half an hour from arriving at the terminal to walking into our cabin.

So far everything has been excellent. Food, in our opinion, has been excellent, as well as service. We had one problem with our room being one of three that flooded, due to a broken pipe. We had two other cabins for two nights, after long day tours. Inconvenient to say the least, but we are now back in our cabin and all is well. We are supposed to have "compensation" from Seattle at the end of the cruise, as well as a complimentary dinner in pinnacle.

Just spent two days in Beijing, which was amazing, and are now esconsed on our balcony( which was a last minute upsell, for what we thought was a good price. 599 pp for 31 nights.

We are on t mobile in China, which is working great while off the ship and in port-

Can't comment on the entertAinment, as we have not made a show yet, but I did win bingo my first time out....

That's all for now- so far a great trip....

Helaine

Edited by hmorrow

Sounds like you folks are just rolling with the punches, I hope the flooding is a one time only thing and you'll be able to enjoy the rest of your time onboard.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

That's our hope too!

They say that's why they're waiting to tell us about how much the compensation will be( in case of more issues)......

Sea day today with nice weather

H

We are on the Volendam this summer in Alaska, Hope she's in good shape. Would be interested in your opinion on Canaletto's, if you happen to eat there. Thanks.

Have a great cruise

We love Canaletto and have already eaten there twice in the first week.

We plan on going at least once a week.

Food and service both very good.

Helaine

Yesterday we were in Jeju s Korea

Did a day tour, but not really much to see here. I think the island is trying to make this a tourist destination, but most people agreed it missed the mark, but non the less a pleasant day.

Today we are in Bussn S Korea, leaving on a tour shortly

I have great unlimited data with t mobile. Hence, my updates

When the sea days start on the crossing I probably won't be posting, as 1000 min for 31 days doesn't leave a lot of time for frivolous postings!

Our cBin has dried out, nicely, but I hear grumblings from other passengers about no water, no hot water, no cold water, brown water??????

Helaine