Terrace Grill on Maasdam

retafcruiser

Hello, we were on the Maasdam this past October. The Dive-In has excellent burgers, and yes, the taco bar. We had many great selections during the cruise. Burgers are "gourmet", you do go up to order, then they give you a buzzer similar to restuarants to let you know when the food is ready. We ate there alot and really enjoyed it! The taco bar changed somewhat depending what port we were in! Enjoy.

And great fries!

I really didn't find the fries all that wonderful. I'm still mourning the loss of sweet potato fries.

Overall, I find the Dive In above average for fast food, but not nearly as good as the old set up with turkey burgers and a variety of sausages in buns. I do not like the Dive In Sauce, and I really dislike the difficulty of customizing orders and hate there is not a ground turkey/chicken option. The buzzers are a great idea though.

Now if there was a way to prevent people straight from the pools from placing/picking up their orders in dripping swimsuits with no shirts/shoes it would be so much better.

[/font]... does this mean that the Maasdam has done away with the Mongolian Grill?

Rod

When did Maasdam ever have a Mongolian Grill but for an occasional buffet for lunch at Lido Pool?

Are you referring to stir fry station inside Lido?

Edited by sail7seas

I really didn't find the fries all that wonderful. I'm still mourning the loss of sweet potato fries.

Overall, I find the Dive In above average for fast food, but not nearly as good as the old set up with turkey burgers and a variety of sausages in buns. I do not like the Dive In Sauce, and I really dislike the difficulty of customizing orders and hate there is not a ground turkey/chicken option. The buzzers are a great idea though.

Now if there was a way to prevent people straight from the pools from placing/picking up their orders in dripping swimsuits with no shirts/shoes it would be so much better.

I'm with you on that one. I think the dive in is the most overrated venue on hal. That said, I do like the fries. I'm not a burger lover so maybe that's why. Tge hot dogs are so so.

... when we did the Canada/New England cruise on the Maasdam in 2008, IIRC there was a (very good) Mongolian Grill every day by the Lido pool ... it wasn't buffet style service but then again it also didn't have a permanent service window like the Dive In has, so I guess it was just an occasional thing on that cruise ... whatever it was, it was exceptionally good - in fact, it was the best Mongolian food I have ever eaten ...

Rod

... when we did the Canada/New England cruise on the Maasdam in 2008, IIRC there was a (very good) Mongolian Grill every day by the Lido pool ... it wasn't buffet style service but then again it also didn't have a permanent service window like the Dive In has, so I guess it was just an occasional thing on that cruise ... whatever it was, it was exceptionally good - in fact, it was the best Mongolian food I have ever eaten ...

Rod

Sounds delicious.....

We did Canada/NE, b-to-b in 2008 on Maasdam and never had that offered. You got lucky. :)

Sounds delicious.....

We did Canada/NE, b-to-b in 2008 on Maasdam and never had that offered. You got lucky. :)

... apparently so ... on the flip side, none of our subsequent cruises has had the Mongolian grill ... :(

Rod

... apparently so ... on the flip side, none of our subsequent cruises has had the Mongolian grill ... :(

Rod

I've seen it as a pool-side lunch option or as a sail-away dinner option several times on different cruises, but never a permanent thing.

Rod

We sailed that itinerary, Boston to Montreal to Boston, b-to-b at least 6-7 times and also sailed the seven day Maasdam Boston to Boston at least 3 times. I remember once, years ago, there was a Mongolian buffet set out at Lido Pool near the Bar area and that was good. One time we also had a Mediterranean lunch buffet. They were both good but those are the only I remember at Lido Pool. We had a seafood buffet once at aft pool which was amazing. Tons of beautiful, very large shrimp, mussels, grilled salmon and can't remember what else but we really enjoyed that.

The only time I've ever heard of a Mongolian grill is on the world cruise. Have never personally seen it.

cruz chic,

Since I've never been on "the world cruise", it's highly unlikely that my memory of the Mongolian grill comes from that experience ... thanks to sail7seas, ellieanne and PathfinderEss whose posts clarified the matter ...

Rod

cruz chic,

Since I've never been on "the world cruise", it's highly unlikely that my memory of the Mongolian grill comes from that experience ... thanks to sail7seas, ellieanne and PathfinderEss whose posts clarified the matter ...

Rod

I have never been on a world cruise or anything close to it. There is a thread on the main board right now. I was just stating my personal experience which I believe is allowed. I am not doubting your memory in any way although I'm sure some posters would love to claim that I am.

One area we enjoyed was Pedro's Corner at the center side of the Lido (one side only, port I think). It would have different ethnic foods every day for lunch. They really had some great stuff there on our Amazon cruise.

One area we enjoyed was Pedro's Corner at the center side of the Lido (one side only, port I think). It would have different ethnic foods every day for lunch. They really had some great stuff there on our Amazon cruise.

What is Pedro's corner? Thx.