Those CP naysayers had it all wrong

klenklen

We wouldn't call the ship dirty or disgusting but it sure needed a lot of loving care to bring it up to the standards of the other ships. Lots of items were in need of repairs from the showers by the pools to the upholstery in the piazza. All in all it's still a nice ship but it's not in the same condition as most of the others in the fleet.

We wouldn't call the ship dirty or disgusting but it sure needed a lot of loving care to bring it up to the standards of the other ships. Lots of items were in need of repairs from the showers by the pools to the upholstery in the piazza. All in all it's still a nice ship but it's not in the same condition as most of the others in the fleet.

I agree with this. We were on in 2012 and I thought the ship looked rather worn, especially since our prior two Princess cruises were on the Ruby and Crown. I thought carpeting and furniture could have been replaced in public areas as well as in cabins. At some point and hopefully soon, Princess will make a major investment in this ship.

We were on the Caribbean Princess on the 4 day March 30th-April 4th cruise. We really loved it! After a couple months of reading the "critiques", I too was a little apprehensive. It was a beautiful ship with great employees and we had very little to complain about. I saw some wear and tear, but I wouldn't even consider that to be "blog worthy". It was our first Princess cruise and it made me want to look into the newer ships for next year's spring break. With 5 of us, Carnival always fit the bill a little better, but we all wanted to try something different.

The cruise director and junior cruise director were amazing! We traveled with another family and everyone agrees this was truly a great cruise. Still sad to be back almost 3 weeks later :(

As a side note, when I read negative reviews, I do try to analyze the writer. Sometimes the problems are legit, but MANY times you see the cranky face behind the keyboard! ;)

" Alfredo had our Rivera balcony cabin sparkling save a pillow feather on the rug. I didn't let that feather ruin my holiday and did not complain to anyone on the bridge or the front desk. "

Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! Love it! Anyone else on CC would be demanding a full cruise refund! LOL!

I agree with this. We were on in 2012 and I thought the ship looked rather worn, especially since our prior two Princess cruises were on the Ruby and Crown. I thought carpeting and furniture could have been replaced in public areas as well as in cabins. At some point and hopefully soon, Princess will make a major investment in this ship.

They better and very soon or the ship will get the reputation of being the worst of the fleet. Of course it'll mean lower prices if you don't mind the shortcomings. ;)

I'm thinking Grand may have a lock on first place.

You might be right. The last time we were on the Grand, the balconies were actually rotting away from the salt but the interior wasn't as bad as the Caribbean. It may have deteriorated since then. It's amazing how fast a ship can go downhill without constant maintenance.

Thanks for the review. CB has always had bad reviews over the years. Having sailed on her 4 times I had nothing to complain about. I would love to see the homes of all of these people who are complaining about petty things like stained carpets and rust.

I'm thinking Grand may have a lock on first place.

We sailed on the Grand Princess just days before the Caribbean Princess. Despite some water leakage in the Horizon Court Buffet, I found the ship to be in great condition and had a wonderful cruise. I did not pipe in on the "Bad Grand Princess" thread and tell everyone jumping on to criticize the ship that they were wrong. Given a choice between the Grand Princess and the Caribbean Princess, I'd choose the Grand Princess.

Thanks for the review. CB has always had bad reviews over the years. Having sailed on her 4 times I had nothing to complain about. I would love to see the homes of all of these people who are complaining about petty things like stained carpets and rust.

More than that I'd like to see what some people eat that complain about the food. I realize that every meal can't turn out to perfection every time but some of the stories I've been reading make some ships seem like they have the worst restaurants going.

Oh, and by the way the Caribbean Princess with all it's shortcomings had some of the best food we've experienced except for the Royal last time which was exceptional.

We will be boarding the CB on Sat. for 28 days. I am not worried about anything.

The cruise will be great, if I have a problem I will go to someone hight up to resolve it.

Greg

Why go to someone 'hight' up? Why not go directly to the person(s) who can resolve your problem, not that you will have one (or any).

You and me, both! Nasty, deplorable conditions are not acceptable. I encountered nothing of the sort on CB. Of course, the definition of nasty and deplorable is subjective.

What I did witness were crew working constantly, round the clock, on repairs and upkeep. Honestly, the constant crew presence was annoying to me, at times. There was a man painting the stairs at the Sanctuary pool during the slap middle of the day! This was a narrow stairway and did not allow for his painting and our walking around. Definitely, at no point, did I see anybody just letting the ship go.

I don't have a maid in my home. I do not have anyone prepping meals, making beds, cleaning up trash, doing dishes... Anywhere I have all of these things and more is satisfying to me.

It is amazing to me the amount of individuals choosing to cruise these mainstream, budget-friendly family cruise lines expecting Crystal quality. You get what you pay for. If you paid less than $2000 for a week's vacation to multiple islands, inclusive of food and entertainment, you're gonna run into a stain or two.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

[quote name='casavaha']We will be boarding the CB on Sat. for 28 days. I am not worried about anything.
The cruise will be great, if I have a problem I will go to someone hight up to resolve it.

Greg[/quote]

Fixing individual issues isn't the concern since they do that fairly well.
It's worn out items that have to be repaired or replaced when the ship is in dry dock that others have a problem with.
It's still not that bad that you can't enjoy yourself if you over look them.
Have a good trip.

I'm on the Caribbean Princess right now headed for FFL (so sad). Nothing negative to report. I haven't even heard others complaining. The food has been excellent (a lot more spice but that's what I like), fun crowd but most of all the staff has been friendly, funny and engaging. I couldn't be happier.