MDR food for picky teen

texasgirl29

They do have pasta and salad on the menu. In the mean time, there are a lot of new developments on treating ARFID, so you might want to look into treatment if she wants to be able to order from regular menus. See http://uncexchanges.org/2014/11/12/just-a-picky-eater-or-is-it-arfid-avoidantrestrictive-food-intake-disorder-arfid/

Good God another disorder?? The world seems to be getting too many disorders.

Since I'm the OP, I'm already worrying I'm a bad parent and just never noticed.

My younger daughter, 15, is like your son. She'll try the escargot, experiment with other foods and then rush off to the teen club before dessert.

You're NOT a bad parent. One child is picky the other more willing to try differnt things. We're all pretty much like that. Your daughter will do fine.

Are you sure you are not talking about my young men? The more $$$ the better. :rolleyes::eek::D

Sounds like me! I remember being 8 & my father had Beluga Caviar at a pricey rest. I asked to try it. Really got expensive for my parents to bring me out to dinner after that! I loved pretty much everything. My mother was a great cook, so I guess that was a springboard to finer(I/E expensive foods) I'm still in the food industry because of it.

YES!! There is a kids menu she can order from!!

I scanned through all of the prior 28 responses and while I didn't read every word I didn't see one that directly answered the question.

Yes there is kids menu and she can order from it if she likes. She can even ask to see the next nights kids menu at the end of dinner each night and if there isn't anything on it she really wants she can order something from a different nights kids menu. She can also discuss with her waiter or the head waiter (Asst. Maitre d') what other things might be available with or without advance notice and can probably get hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti with red sauce, and other kid friendly foods pretty easily. She will have no problems finding things to eat in the dining room and other places on board.

And for the other posters suggesting that she has a disorder or what she "should" be eating: Relax and chill! This is family vacation! Time to relax and enjoy life and not a time for pushing kid's boundaries and psychoanalysis.

Edited by Lsimon

You can always get a steak or chicken breast or salmon, accompanied by baked potato and steamed vegetables from the always available side. It's basic comfort food.

You also might want to send her to the buffet from time to time. Lots of variety, including made to order pasta.

Great suggestions.

They do have pasta and salad on the menu. In the mean time, there are a lot of new developments on treating ARFID, so you might want to look into treatment if she wants to be able to order from regular menus. See http://uncexchanges.org/2014/11/12/just-a-picky-eater-or-is-it-arfid-avoidantrestrictive-food-intake-disorder-arfid/

How in the world did you leap from the OP's post to this suggestion/conclusion?

YES!! There is a kids menu she can order from!!

I scanned through all of the prior 28 responses and while I didn't read every word I didn't see one that directly answered the question.

Yes there is kids menu and she can order from it if she likes. She can even ask to see the next nights kids menu at the end of dinner each night and if there isn't anything on it she really wants she can order something from a different nights kids menu. She can also discuss with her waiter or the head waiter (Asst. Maitre d') what other things might be available with or without advance notice and can probably get hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti with red sauce, and other kid friendly foods pretty easily. She will have no problems finding things to eat in the dining room and other places on board.

And for the other posters suggesting that she has a disorder or what she "should" be eating: Relax and chill! This is family vacation! Time to relax and enjoy life and not a time for pushing kid's boundaries and psychoanalysis.

Exactly! I just asked a simple question! Thank you for responding to the question.

I have a picky kid who will eat no fruits or vegetables. He's on the autism spectrum and has texture issues. He will eat seafood. Almost every night he has fish. They were happy to leave any sauce off. He usually ate plain pasta for lunch at the buffet.