Where's Her Diamond?!?

ATLJC

Took my mom on the Vision recently and stayed in a JS. Prior to the cruise, her status level was Emerald with 76 points. She was excited that this cruise would put her into Diamond status. Upon return, her 14 cruise credits appeared in her account, but her status didn't move - still Emerald - still at 76 points.

Called C&A and inquired why. Was told that her and my dad share his points, and that her actual point balance was only 66 points to date, even though her account balance clearly stated 76 before we left. Funny thing is, they have never taken a cruise separately - up until this one. They have taken the same cruises with RCCL together, and therefore should both have the same amount of points - and that should be the 76 that they supposedly both "share". If they share the 76 points, how come the 14 newly acquired points wasn't added to that numer?

The C&A agent wasn't very helpful, and didn't seem to care or attempt to understand that they should both be at the same point value because they've accumulated each of their totals together as a couple. I am at a loss, as I really want her to get what she deserves - Diamond status.

Any assistance to help solve this mystery would be greatly appreciated!

We've only been on a few cruises but we had problems with my account not showing the cruises I went on... called and found out it was because I had 2 C & A numbers. They were able to combine them.. maybe on one of her cruises she mixed up the number? They should be able to tell you what cruises it lists for her.. see what doesn't match up with her hubby's.

When two C&A accounts are linked, the website will show you the highest point total either of them has. So you cannot tell how many points a linked person actually has by looking at the website.

It's best to log into each account and print out the history of cruises. Find the cruise that was not credited properly to your mother, and call C&A and have them fix that. You may need something to prove she was on that cruise, like a SeaPass card or photo from the cruise.

While you do share status and the points that appear do reflect the higher points total, each person does in fact accumulate their own points.

My guess is that on one or two of your Mom and dad's cruises her C&A number was not listed...only your Dads.

you now need to go through and compare their history's and figure out which cruises are missing from your moms account and call C&A and hopefully they will have the records and can add the points back to her account.

Apparently Bob types faster.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I had the same thing happen to me and funny that I also had 76 points. I called twice and tried my best but points never changed. Going on 7 day cruise in June and hoping to finally made diamond after this cruise.

They both have exactly the same cruises listed, except my dad has 2 extra unknown credits:

05-Nov-1970 1

05-Nov-1970 1

As he didn't step foot aboard a ship until 1992, even the C&A couldn't help explain the 2 unknowns.

Do you think those 2 credits might be a status transfer from Celebrity when RCCL acquired them? At the time of the acquisition, I had Elite status with Celebrity and I got 8 points added to my C&A account - posted on 04/16/05. My parents were one level below me on X, so if those 2 extra credit were a status match, then they both should have received them.

Dumbfounded on the 1970 date though. Any ideas??

They both have exactly the same cruises listed, except my dad has 2 extra unknown credits:

05-Nov-1970 1

05-Nov-1970 1

As he didn't step foot aboard a ship until 1992, even the C&A couldn't help explain the 2 unknowns.

Do you think those 2 credits might be a status transfer from Celebrity when RCCL acquired them? At the time of the acquisition, I had Elite status with Celebrity and I got 8 points added to my C&A account - posted on 04/16/05. My parents were one level below me on X, so if those 2 extra credit were a status match, then they both should have received them.

Dumbfounded on the 1970 date though. Any ideas??

There was no transfer of credits from Celebrity that I've ever heard of.

I've read of credits being applied when the date is unknown, and it defaults to the 1970 date. I've also read about mistakes in their database. The question is the accuracy of the list of cruises. With the exception of the 1970 cruises, does your Dad's cruise list match the cruises he has taken? If so, then those 1970 cruises are some mistake, and there's no more to be done.

My parents (and mine as well) had our cruise points messed up years ago when their system apparently "lost" all the past cruises. They did finally straighten it up, and for the unknowns we finally got credits and they are all listed as:

05-Nov-1970 1

Thanks for the info!

There were status matches when RCCL acquired X, and it was accomplished by points. Elites on X were granted Diamond status gaining the necessary RCCL points to achieve that match, (which my spouse and I benefited from). Select level on X were given Emerald gaining points in C&A, as in the case of my mother-in-law, who got 4 extra points. And Classic X levels got points added to their C&A account to achieve at least Platinum. I pretty sure RCCL only gave my dad credit for his Celebrity status and left out my moms.

I've been pulling everyone's sailing history between the two companies all evening and think I figured out the discrepancy - so I'll attempt another call tomorrow. Not holding much hope that it will resolve the issue, because I'm not too confident anyone will recall the status matches.

Appreciate everyone's input - Happy sailings!!

I keep every sea pass card and print off the history page after we get home and it is posted. I guess now I need to print of Each of our history pages!

I am not very trust worthy here when it comes to RCL keeping track of things........:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!

There were status matches when RCCL acquired X, and it was accomplished by points. Elites on X were granted Diamond status gaining the necessary RCCL points to achieve that match, (which my spouse and I benefited from). Select level on X were given Emerald gaining points in C&A, as in the case of my mother-in-law, who got 4 extra points. And Classic X levels got points added to their C&A account to achieve at least Platinum. I pretty sure RCCL only gave my dad credit for his Celebrity status and left out my moms.

I've been pulling everyone's sailing history between the two companies all evening and think I figured out the discrepancy - so I'll attempt another call tomorrow. Not holding much hope that it will resolve the issue, because I'm not too confident anyone will recall the status matches.

Appreciate everyone's input - Happy sailings!!

Points are accumulated separately on RCI and X. If you earn Elite on X, you are granted Diamond on RCI, but do NOT get any extra points.

Points are accumulated separately on RCI and X. If you earn Elite on X, you are granted Diamond on RCI, but do NOT get any extra points.

Yes, I am aware of that to be the case now, but when the companies first merged that's how status matches were award between the two companies.

That's what we were told by RCCL when I called to inquire how both mine and my spouse's accounts had an adjustment of 8 cruise points each to them - and an extra 4 for mother-in-law, all applied immediately following the acquisition and just prior to taking our first RCCL cruise. Those adjustments were just enough to get our RCCL point levels to the appropriate matched status.

I'm so glad I read this thread. I did some research to see if possibly I was not given credit for one of the cruises my husband, who died 5 years ago, and I took. I found a ship photo from a cruise in 1998 that was not on my cruise history. Just spoke to Crown and Anchor and emailed the picture. Fingers crossed that I will get the points to change my status to Diamond before my June cruise. Thank you for all that help on this site!

I keep every sea pass card and print off the history page after we get home and it is posted. I guess now I need to print of Each of our history pages!

I am not very trust worthy here when it comes to RCL keeping track of things........:rolleyes:

I keep my sea pass cards, too. but, we took our first ever B2B earlier this month. they collected our cards from the first sailing. I did not want to give it up. but, they said they would give them back to us. but, they never did and I forgot about it until we returned home. :( I am really annoyed that they did not return the cards... and mad at myself for not remembering until it was too late.

I'm so glad I read this thread. I did some research to see if possibly I was not given credit for one of the cruises my husband, who died 5 years ago, and I took. I found a ship photo from a cruise in 1998 that was not on my cruise history. Just spoke to Crown and Anchor and emailed the picture. Fingers crossed that I will get the points to change my status to Diamond before my June cruise. Thank you for all that help on this site!

I submitted a pix of me and ps out my ex next to the cardboard sailor with year date as I boarded the Nordic Prince and I got my points! It has really helped! I

should of tried for saying I was a solo, but don't think they were doing solo points in the 90's!

I submitted a pix of me and ps out my ex next to the cardboard sailor with year date as I boarded the Nordic Prince and I got my points! It has really helped! I

should of tried for saying I was a solo, but don't think they were doing solo points in the 90's!

Solo points were just added last year I believe. Even suites did not start getting double points until sometime in the early 2000's.

Solo points were just added last year I believe. Even suites did not start getting double points until sometime in the early 2000's.

Thanks, I was pretty sure it was this decade they did up the new pts system! I am just glad I got points from a long ago trip! Even more I had the pix! I haven't really found any more pix's from that trip! Then again we didn't like NP, and the trip to and from Bermuda was horrible!