FLL Hotel Near Beach, Shops & Restaurants

Roxxy

WIll be cruising from Port Everglades the first week in January and are looking for a hotel to stay at for 2 days pre-cruise.

Do you know of any hotel that matches the above description for around the $200 mark?

Thanks !

WIll be cruising from Port Everglades the first week in January and are looking for a hotel to stay at for 2 days pre-cruise.

Do you know of any hotel that matches the above description for around the $200 mark?

Thanks !

That is high season in south Florida so with your $200 per night budget it may be difficult to find one that meets your requirements - for many hotels you will probably need to increase your budget to $300 per night or so. Try looking at the Doubletree Bahia Mar or Snooze.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I don't necessarily want to be 'on the beach'. A couple of blocks away would be fine too. Priority would be around restaurants and some shops.

Your budget is a little low for Jan. Use discount sites and recommendations here.

17th st. area hotels have lots of restaurants nearby but a mile from the beach. Gallery One is a great location for you. Or look at Bahia Mar across the street from beach.

Alhambra is just a half block from the beach and has great reviews and prices. Bahia Mar Doubletree is usually the least expensive good chain hotel right across the street from the beach and near everything; they are currently showing rates starting at $119-215 (weekday/weekend) the first week of January on hiltonfamilymvp. You need to have a free hhonors number to get that rate.

I USUALLY cruise out of Fort Lauderdale around New Years and find most of the hotels to be over $200...I almost always seem to end up at the Marriott Springhill Suites in Dania Beach...usually the best deal...

Of course, next year, I'm cruising from there during Spring Break...and the Springhill prices currently listed are way out of whack--$349 for my night...So, I've made a placeholder reservation at the Homewood Suites for $188...and I'll wait to see if others come down at all...

What I like about the Springhill is...Free shuttles both airport and cruise port, free breakfast, free WiFi...And, there is a large shopping center across the street with a Red Lobster, TGI Friday, Sal's Italian, a diner, a salad bar restaurant and more...plus lots of fast food--McD's, BK, Chipotle, etc....It's not near the beach, but it's convenient for just killing a day and resting up after a long flight to get there--which is where I am usually at...

BTW, for my date (March 19), that Bahia Mar is currently showing a lowest rate (AAA) of $246...

Edited by Bruin Steve