Majesty Emergency Drydock

I'm not surprised to hear this. I just got off the Majesty on the 24th, and yes, there was some kind of oil leak. We had to skip Key West, which I was super bummed about (it's my favorite place). I received $75 credit, plus a 10% future cruise certificate (to be honest, I will probably not use it) due to an issue with my toilet.

I will say, we had a great cruise despite having to miss a port. The day at sea was a little crazy because people were upset and there didn't seem to be enough room for everyone, but we managed to have a nice day. The majesty is a great ship.

It was good that they compensated you $75 for missing Key West and a 10% discount on a future cruise. Many times they miss Coco Cay because of turbulent seas and there is no compensation -- yes, I know that the reason for missing Key West was mechanical, but it did not bring you back to Miami a day sooner.

Your logic escapes me, when you say you probably won't use the 10% discount future cruise credit due to 'an issue with your toilet'. Did they resolve it? Let's pretend you went to a Marriott hotel for a weekend, and had a toilet/bathroom problem, would you never stay in a Marriott ever again?

IMO, and that is just it, that seems a little 'over the top'. If you did not enjoy the cruise enough to go on this or any Royal cruise again, just say so.

I had a problem with hot water in my bathroom on Indy in February -- it was resolved within a day....I sometimes can't get a plumber to my house for a repair that quickly at home.

Majesty had a scheduled drydock in Jan 2015. I don't think there is one scheduled for Jan 2016 as well.

I would guess this dry dock will last as long as is necessary to fix the issues and get the ship back into regular service. The next itinerary would leave on Friday so hopefully between Monday - Thursday they can repair whatever the issue is.

I suspect you're right about no drydock in 2016 especially with the the sale of the ship next April. Wouldn't make sense.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Majesty had a scheduled drydock in Jan 2015. I don't think there is one scheduled for Jan 2016 as well.

I would guess this dry dock will last as long as is necessary to fix the issues and get the ship back into regular service. The next itinerary would leave on Friday so hopefully between Monday - Thursday they can repair whatever the issue is.

Oops . You are right . (Off topic but I wonder what they did during Jan 2015 drydock)

I suspect you're right about no drydock in 2016 especially with the the sale of the ship next April. Wouldn't make sense.

Yes, it makes no sense. She will definitely be going in to drydock in Freeport after the last cruise in April. A major paint job for Pullmantur's colors and refurbishing inside staterooms and lounges, etc. And whatever else needs to be done.

We are on the last two cruises.

Rick

Edited by Pumbaamd

Agreed. But many folks, especially those on shorter less inexpensive cruises do not get insurance. Many assume there will be no issues and forget that insurance may cover lots more than the cost of the cruise.

M

That they assume there won't is no chance of an issue and choose to go without insurance is their fault, not Royal's. ;)