Celebrity Equinox Mediterranean Cruise help

bluzchk

Hi all,

I am taking my daughter on this cruise this summer for her college graduation present. We fly in to Barcelona then embark to Cannes, Genoa, Rome, Salerno, Crete, and then land in Athens. So far we have private tours booked in Rome and Salerno. We are spending an extra day in Barcelona before we leave and I have done some research about things to do there, but am looking for suggestions about what "not to miss" in Cannes, Genoa, and Crete. Thank you so much for your help and guidance. BTW...daughter says she wants to swim....lol...any of these ports good for that? Thanks again!

Jennifer

(3rd time cruiser)

What "not to miss" is what interests you, not what I say it is.

So, look what Celebrity offers- this will identify key sites and points of interests. Look at the Ports boards here on Cruise Critic - it will also identify what you can do without a tour, on your own, and tour fenders where needed.

Then we can help you with more specific questions.

Get a copy of Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports and see what he recommends for your ports. Your daughter can swim in the pools on the ship. The Med. does not have white sand beaches like the Caribbean. You don't spend all that money to go to Europe and go to the beach. EM

Crete is a popular beach holiday destination and Barcelona has a beach in the centre.

Would consider Crete as your beach day. There are too many great things not to miss in Barcelona. Check out the boards for all your ports for fantastic information on what is available.

Taxi in Souda from the cruise terminal to city centre is 10 euro, so you can share a cab for four. Would suggest to scroll through the narrows streets of the old city and around the harbour and spend the remaining time on the beach which is not far from the city