location of smoking area on Solstice?

FunCruiser56

Smoking is on the port side by the hump area, right outside the doors from Bistro on 5. On some S-Class ships, I've seen smoking in the area by the forward hump on the port side.

I've seen it moved to the starboard side while they were refueling.

Some of this may have changed recently but as of November the smoking area's were as follows (all Port Side)

Deck 5 - Forward near Theater and Aft

Deck 12 - Pool Deck - Small Area adjacent to pool

Deck 14 - Ocean View Bar (heard this is no longer smoking)

Deck 15 - Sunset Bar

I'm sure others will correct me if any of these have been changed.

Now not wanting to start a debate on smoking, just want to know where the smoking area on dk 5 is located. Thank you.

Bev

just off the solstice / Sydney to Hawaii.

there were areas on the port side at the sunset bar / port side at the main pool area /and at the starboard side at a bar above the pool area forward just beside the jogging track.

I don't smoke, and yes I hope it doesn't get into a personal debate about smoking.

have a great cruise

just off the solstice / Sydney to Hawaii.

there were areas on the port side at the sunset bar / port side at the main pool area /and at the starboard side at a bar above the pool area forward just beside the jogging track.

I don't smoke, and yes I hope it doesn't get into a personal debate about smoking.

have a great cruise

Those are the normal smoking areas on the S-Class ships, in addition to the port side on Deck 5 near the main hump area right outside the aft elevators and the forward hump area outside the forward elevators.

• 8 months later...

planning to book NZ cruise (2017). Tempted to book port side (level 9), since it's facing land side for most of the itinerary. BUT, also don't want to be disappointed by the smell of smoke on the balcony (no offense to smokers). Should I be concerned?

planning to book NZ cruise (2017). Tempted to book port side (level 9), since it's facing land side for most of the itinerary. BUT, also don't want to be disappointed by the smell of smoke on the balcony (no offense to smokers). Should I be concerned?

Not at all. We were on deck 6 and didn't ever have an issue. Not many people use that area for smoking. More common on the deck above the pool and at the Sunset Bar. On deck 9 your chances of even getting a whiff are tiny.

We were in 6155 & never smelt a thing - mind you it was a little cold on the balcony so never spent ages there on the NZ cruise last November