New Latitudes tier qualification?

sailandcruise

Are you awarded points the first day of the cruise or are the points added following the cruise? For example, we have 14 points now, and have a 7-day cruise booked. When we board the ship for the 7-day cruise, will we be bronze (14 points) or silver (21 points)?

Thanks!

You are awarded AFTER the cruise. Even if you only need one point for the next level, you are awarded after the cruise.

You are awarded AFTER the cruise. Even if you only need one point for the next level, you are awarded after the cruise.

Thanks. Every cruise line program is different. We moved up during the cruise on Carnival.

I haven't seen the brochure, but it would be similar to the airline programs. You can earn tier status either by mileage or segments. So someone who does a NY-Tokyo trip a couple of times a year and someone that does NY-Chicago frequently will both have a shot at achieving a high tier status.

Not everyone can book 9 months out or pay for suites. However, perhaps they can cruise 3 times a year including a couple of last minute cruises. NCL has a right to encourage and reward those passengers for selecting NCL.

Thanks. Every cruise line program is different. We moved up during the cruise on Carnival.

Unless it happened during the 2nd cruise of a B2B, it happened before the cruise on CCL. You will always be whatever you will hit on that cruise at check-in.

So, who here would like 1 or 2 night CTN equal a 7 day cruise? I have no problem with the way NCL works their loyalty program. 24 day cruise? The money spent, yeah they deserve to get 21 points minimum. I don't see that us getting points is easy. We still have to have the time and money to cruise. some one stated that there are so many Platinums. That shows that cruise prices are low enough and good enough value to attract return customers.

I will be gold after my next cruise. 4 cruises, 2 in suites 2 in Minis.

I am gold on RCCL after my 5 cruises with them.

I am Platinum on RCCL. I mistyped.

Sadly this change to the early booking bonus, etc. happened right after we reached Platinum by actually sailing 14 cruises with them. We have 203 points now but if the new program was in effect for all of our bookings we would easily have over 300 points. As long as they don't take away our current benefits I am not going to complain but I do think it makes it too easy now comparably.

I am not saying anyone else is right or wrong in this issue, I am simply going to say this... As long as I get the benefits that I have earned, I could not care less what any other passengers get. More power to them if they got to whatever level in whatever time frame.

Congrats on all of your cruising time!

Due to things in my life I didn't get to do my first cruise until I turned 51. My husband was 59 on his first (last December). I would have loved to start cruising years ago but it just didn't work out that way for us.

This is only our 11th cruise. But my problem is I don't like to leave my pets. [emoji10]

Especially my three cats. [emoji82][emoji572]️

I'm on the Pearl leaving on May 7th.

I have yet to read anything on these boards that will negatively impact my trip - and that is true whether I left next week, in a month, or in September.

I agree for myself. I cruise in suites So I am barely noticing. Cruised 4/4/15 and it was fine. Never heard anyone complaining.

If FDR gets his way again with tweaking the perks & recognition level, there might be a Titanium tier - with sub-tiers. And, for a convenience fee, you can buy-up to the next tier on a fast track (take the playbook from the airlines at boarding time ... LOL, mine bad for giving them ideas) :eek:

Meanwhile, I'm bracing for the Godvia to be substituted for Hershey candy bars. :mad: and choice of comp'd soda, bottled water or beer instead of comp'd (mini-bar sized) wine.

(above are strictly just for laughs, of course ... but)

OP, can you scan/upload a smartphone image of this new brochure - for us to share and to satisfy our curious minds, knowing how NCL operate these days ... it might take a while for them to communicate, if at all ... Thanks for posting.

You are not giving ideas. I know someone who "bought Platinum" on NCL. IT WAS A DISCREET DEAL.

You are not giving ideas. I know someone who "bought Platinum" on NCL. IT WAS A DISCREET DEAL.

I was talking to NCL the other day about our (first) booking. I asked her about loyalty program reciprocity across cruise lines, she said NO:eek:

I made the point that the airlines would do it on a case by case basis, did it myself, but it was never an advertised option.

So we'll be starting at zero .........

Nice perks but you pay a helluva lot more for an Oceania cruise. :eek:

Not for those of us that sail in The Haven. An Oceania cruise in a standard balcony cabin is roughly equivalent price wise to an entry level Haven cabin.

After my cruise this December I'll be 1 point away from Platinum after just three cruises. I'll be highly irritated if it turns out that I have to cruise 8 more times before I can officially hit Platinum!

Seriously? Where are the violins?:rolleyes:

I am not saying anyone else is right or wrong in this issue, I am simply going to say this... As long as I get the benefits that I have earned, I could not care less what any other passengers get. More power to them if they got to whatever level in whatever time frame.

I'm with you.

Each line is different we will be plat. after next cruise in 2016 with only 5 trips on NCL. We book early and for the last 3 (soon 4) have been able to book suites. Points add up fast this way but we pay and pay early so I think it's OK.

Our Princess point never seem to move we are plat. and will stay there even though we travel for 14+ days on most of our Princess trips. Others are Elite with very few sea days because of number of 1,2 or 4 day trips. They get Elite from number of trips so you see all lines have their issues.

My late husband and I always sailed in suites. When we first sailed NCL we had booked 9 months out and went straight to silver. After 4 cruises I am now platinum. On my last NCL cruise my friend who sailed with me wanted to share a dinner table so we did. The women who was at the table with her grand-daughter told how she does a lot of the 4 - 6 night Pacific coastal repo cruises in an inside. How if she waits till the last moment she usually gets them dirt cheap. She was a silver. When she found out I was Gold after 3 cruises she hit the roof. I didn't waste my breath trying to explain that on just one cruise my late husband and I would spend what she spent on say 8 cruises.

In the end it all evens out. I cruise still because I love the relaxing vacation it provides. Yes, the Latitude perks make a nice treat. But I would never get nasty with someone because they are a higher level then I am. That just takes the joy out life.

• 9 months later...
Careful what you hope for. Celebrity's Elite customers wanted the same thing and Celebrity changed how we garner points. And guess what, they made it hard for everyone to get to the new top tiers Elite+ and Zenith and the perks for the second highest are not what people wanted. And as you can imagine, there were some very unhappy Elite campers at Celebrity, with many saying they would never cruise that unethical cruise line again....well, they are still there and the new loyalty program is still there. You see, they all thought that they would be given preferential treatment because they were Elite already, but no such thing, they are now in the same boat with everyone else....most will never make Zenith during their lifetimes.

My partner and I are "Elite" on Celebrity and I need to interject that Celebrity did not take any perks away from Elite when they added Elite Plus and Zenith. Quite the contrary, I believe we get a few more perks such as an evening cocktail party every night for free. I still feel it is one of the best loyalty programs particularly since both Azamara and Celebrity give you points on both programs. I foresee us at "Elite Plus" within the next 12 months and certainly do not begrudge anybody working their way up the ladder

We only have 3 points to go on NCL to get to "Gold" which we will easily attain on two cruise in the April/May timeframe in a mini-suite on the Jade... Hopefully NCL will follow Celebrity's lead and not make it harder to go up the ladder or take away any perks.

And don't forget people can lose those additional points if they cancel and book in order to get promos.

I originally booked our Escape cruise 10 months out, but then cancelled and re-booked just shy of 9 months out in order to get the 3rd & 4th sail free and Shore excursion credits. So I lost those additional points.

Yes, they did. I remember that I thought it was a bit unfair, since the cruises we had done was the longer ones (12-14 nights). When they rolled out the current Latitude program a few years ago, our Latitude points for past cruises was changed from number of cruises to number of nights on board, and we advanced from just barely reaching Gold to getting Platinum status in a "heartbeat".

SAME HERE!!! It was a struggle to reach Silver - we made sure to go to Guest services on the 2nd leg of our B2B Epic in Aug/Sept 2010 to go from Bronze to Silver, so we could attend our first Silver/Gold/Platinum cocktail party (that turned out to be GREAT on Epic - at the time).

Then when they changed, we went from Silver to Platinum overnight. Never looked back, and we make sure we keep on cruising with NCL. :D:D:D

And don't forget people can lose those additional points if they cancel and book in order to get promos.

I originally booked our Escape cruise 10 months out, but then cancelled and re-booked just shy of 9 months out in order to get the 3rd & 4th sail free and Shore excursion credits. So I lost those additional points.

Same here when I did the same for the Escape TA to get the free booze. But we were already Platinum, so it didn't matter much to us.

Edited by bluesea777