Dress Code in MDR on Freedom

Sorry, if someone wants to pull clothes out of the trash to wear on the plane, they should accept the consequences and eat in the cafeteria or get room service when their luggage goes missing. Or go to one of the shops and buy a decent pair of slacks.

Consequences? Come at me, see what happens.

Consequences? Come at me, see what happens.

Come at you? :confused: No need to, that's what the "evil eye" is for. And if I'm really irritated I'd simply go to the Matre'd, file a complaint that they aren't enforcing their dress code and let the crew handle it. No need to get physical over the issue.......wouldn't want to see you get hurt on your vacation anyway. :p

Edited by Out to sea!

Come at you? :confused: No need to, that's what the "evil eye" is for. And if I'm really irritated I'd simply go to the Matre'd, file a complaint that they aren't enforcing their dress code and let the crew handle it. No need to get physical over the issue.......wouldn't want to see you get hurt on your vacation anyway. :p

Lol, I won't even notice your eyes. And the head pushover won't care either as long as he gets his tip so I guess it's no big deal. :)

Wow, I rarely see threats on these posts.

Not a threat at all. I would be surprised though if anyone from this message board would actually say anything to anyone they see on a cruise. Consequences, lol.

Lol, I won't even notice your eyes. And the head pushover won't care either as long as he gets his tip so I guess it's no big deal. :)

Oh, I'm sure you'd notice (unless you have eyesight like Ray Charles). But, let's put it like this. The crew and Matre'd can do their job properly and enforce the rules they have created and lose your tips or they cannot do their job properly and lose my tips. And I wonder how they and their bosses will feel when I start taking issues like this up the chain of command. I guess the choice is theirs to make.

Edited by Out to sea!

Not a threat at all. I would be surprised though if anyone from this message board would actually say anything to anyone they see on a cruise. Consequences, lol.

Most people have much too much class to actually say something to YOU. What they think or say about you is something else entirely. You have already said volumes about yourself and have shown you're not someone I'd care to have at my table. Have a good cruise tough guy.

Making another batch of popcorn......movie theater butter or just regular.....hmmm

Extra butter, no salt for me!:D

These MDR dress threads are fun to read.:D

Just a matter of time before the name calling, hair pulling, and CC starts deleting!:D

Love the Ohio vs Michigan argument!

Edited by American Bear

That would be me, on embarkation day. I specifically asked when I made my reservation that afternoon (in person) and the person taking the reservation said shorts were not a problem on that night.

I could understand on first night. We were at Giovanni's on the last night

Extra butter, no salt for me!:D

These MDR dress threads are fun to read.:D

Just a matter of time before the name calling, hair pulling, and CC starts deleting!:D

Love the Ohio vs Michigan argument!

I dressed nicely for formal night--also saw people in tuxes and ballroom gowns, saw others in jeans and shorts (not many though). Doesn't really matter to me what people wear to dinner. I don't particularly care to get dressed up for dinner myself, but do dress within the dress code recommendations out of respect for others. However, I do think the days of getting all dolled up for formal nights may need to go by the wayside, depending on the itinerary.

I don't really see a need to wear tuxes in the Caribbean or Hawaii where the overall lifestyle is more relaxed and casual. Most of the cruises we discuss on CC are not Edwardian era TA's for the wealthy to be seen and outdo each other. Of course some people on CC seem to think that modern cruises are still a way to show off, but I go on cruises to RELAX. I'm not there to rub elbows with the rich and self important folks.

Just off her two weeks ago. Shorts along with flip flops are now regularly seen in the MDR on Freedom. Even on formal nights. They arent turning away anyone unless you have a bathing suit and tank top and then I even question whether they will. And this is NOT me making up falsehoods as I was accused last week. :rolleyes: I witnessed this with my OWN eyes. I talked to several waiters and head waiters about this and they are simply telling people to come as they are.

Im sure someone will now come along, in typical Cruise Critic fashion, and try to argue with what I and many others personally witnessed.

Jeans on the other hand, have always been allowed.

Is dress tank tops allowed???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk