Latitudes Program Changes

Suite N Salty

Will they post here, or simply on the website?

Judging by the way they have been making all the other changes the first we will hear about it is from people on board ships being at different levels, or having reduced benefits. After a 50 page thread here NCL will post a generic message saying the reductions/changes were for our benefit. After about another week or so the website will change.

6&8

I was reading thru many threads today and noticed someone stating there were changes coming to the latitudes program,

Does anyone have an inside track on the information coming down the pipe?

I hope they do as it's too top heavy and they need to give a better perk instead of the atlas etc at the high end.

I was reading thru many threads today and noticed someone stating there were changes coming to the latitudes program,

Does anyone have an inside track on the information coming down the pipe?

Why not just ask the person who stated that there were changes coming instead of starting another thread?

It seems that someone who could make that claim has the "inside track" and that they would be the BEST person to ask.

YMMV

Why not just ask the person who stated that there were changes coming instead of starting another thread?

It seems that someone who could make that claim has the "inside track" and that they would be the BEST person to ask.

YMMV

All that individual knew of was that changes were coming

All that individual knew of was that changes were coming

Really? That's all they knew? :confused:

They couldn't say where they heard it? Couldn't provide a source for the information? Couldn't share how that knew changes were coming, but had no idea what those changes were?

That's why it's best to ignore claims made by people who simply can't back them up. Otherwise all you end up doing is spreading the unsupported rumor.

Really? That's all they knew? :confused:

They couldn't say where they heard it? Couldn't provide a source for the information? Couldn't share how that knew changes were coming, but had no idea what those changes were?

That's why it's best to ignore claims made by people who simply can't back them up. Otherwise all you end up doing is spreading the unsupported rumor.

Very well, please ignore this subject. I was just asking a question not spreading rumours. Thanks for your input

I think they should make it easy. When you reach 250 points you get $25 OBC 500 points gets $50 OBC, and so on.

I'm thinking more on the line of if you get 250 points = $250. That's a pretty high milestone and why not reward the people that have cruised with NCL quite a bit. :) (we are no where near 250 points)

But, it never seems to work out in the customer's favor when they change things. Hopefully if it changes it won't be too bad.

Edited by Tricialy

no one seems to know, like everything else on here, it seems rumors love to fly and people love to repeat what they hear with no conformations. When NCL actually post changes, we will know what is true and what is not.

I have it on good authority that if sail too far you might fall off the edge of the world. I'm saying it's fact or anything but...

no one seems to know, like everything else on here, it seems rumors love to fly and people love to repeat what they hear with no conformations. When NCL actually post changes, we will know what is true and what is not.
There have been so many reported changes or someone posting false information that people get so upset about. I'm sure to someone new just looking at these threads it is so totally confused. NCL sent out a release with regard to Cagney's price change, but no mentioned of that greedy al a carte rumored change or that it would no longer be part of the UDP, which posters had mentioned and folks got all in a tizzy about. They also released information about the room service charge, but not about there being a 18 percent gratuity on top of that, which had been reported, which folks got all wound up about. Now it is changes to the Latitude Program. Amazing how negative rumors spread, when no one knows if they are true or not.

They also released information about the room service charge, but not about there being a 18 percent gratuity on top of that, which had been reported, which folks got all wound up about. /QUOTE]

But.....

There is a room service fee as of May 1st of $7.95 on certain things one orders......and there is an 18% gratuity on room service orders depending on what you order.

Harriet

NCL is looking into changes in the Latitudes program, but no details are available to be publicized yet.

Don't ask me to give you the name of my source.

NCL is looking into changing everything! No details are available to be publicized yet.

Oh, and I'm the source :)

Harriet

I'm thinking more on the line of if you get 250 points = $250. That's a pretty high milestone and why not reward the people that have cruised with NCL quite a bit. :) (we are no where near 250 points)

But, it never seems to work out in the customer's favor when they change things. Hopefully if it changes it won't be too bad.

250 points is not that high of a milestone considering people who book suites more than 9 months in advance get triple points and for longer voyages they can really rack up a lot of points. This points based system needs to be re-examined. The number of cruises should continue to count for something versus the points which are rigged. Fine give double point to people in suites but solos should get double points too if they book an interior since most times they get stuck paying the 200%.

I'm all for changing the Latitudes program but any changes I doubt would benefit loyal Norwegians. Taking this company public was a bad idea. It's gone downhill so fast under Sheehan's leadership and who knows whether these newer changes were inspired by Sheehan or Del Rio. Del Rio hasn't been in charge long enough to come up with ALL of these so some of this profiteering still has to be from Sheehan's era. :mad:

There have been so many reported changes or someone posting false information that people get so upset about. I'm sure to someone new just looking at these threads it is so totally confused. NCL sent out a release with regard to Cagney's price change, but no mentioned of that greedy al a carte rumored change or that it would no longer be part of the UDP, which posters had mentioned and folks got all in a tizzy about. They also released information about the room service charge, but not about there being a 18 percent gratuity on top of that, which had been reported, which folks got all wound up about. Now it is changes to the Latitude Program. Amazing how negative rumors spread, when no one knows if they are true or not.

I did just get a message from my TA: she says and I guess she got a memo on this: Le Bistro is raising their prices to $29.95 and the other specialty restaurants have dropped their prices by .05; can you believe this? I am not often a believer of rumors, as you can tell, but if she got this in writing from the company, I will have to think it has some merit. I did ask her about the 18% gratuity plus $7.95 room service charge, she has heard nothing about that nor has she heard anything about Cagney's going a la carte.. She also said there seems to be no truth to Cagney's being removed from the UDP. I guess, we are just going to have to wait and see. I will say, I trust her more than rumors people are believing here,especially when they heard it from so and so, who heard it from someone on a ship, etc.

Now let's go cruisin together together and while we are waiting to cruise, let's see how many people read what I just posted and see how quickly the rumors start flying about these changes.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I did just get a message from my TA: she says and I guess she got a memo on this: Le Bistro is raising their prices to $29.95 and the other specialty restaurants have dropped their prices by .05; can you believe this? I am not often a believer of rumors, as you can tell, but if she got this in writing from the company, I will have to think it has some merit. I did ask her about the 18% gratuity plus $7.95 room service charge, she has heard nothing about that nor has she heard anything about Cagney's going a la carte.. She also said there seems to be no truth to Cagney's being removed from the UDP. I guess, we are just going to have to wait and see. I will say, I trust her more than rumors people are believing here,especially when they heard it from so and so, who heard it from someone on a ship, etc.

Now let's go cruisin together together and while we are waiting to cruise, let's see how many people read what I just posted and see how quickly the rumors start flying about these changes.

I wouldn't be surprised about Le Bistro, because it seems to be one of the most popular restaurants.

Please ask your TA how Le Bistro is increasing to $29.95 when it was officially announced yesterday that the price is being lowered $.05 from $20 to $19.95 on July 3?

For that matter why is this on a thread that's about Latitudes changes?

Edited by njhorseman

Please ask your TA how Le Bistro is increasing to $29.95 when it was officially announced yesterday that the price is being lowered $.05 from $20 to $19.95 on July 3?

I'm curious on this as well. I do not think they would continue to comp LeBistro for the Latitudes program if the price were to be raised that high. :cool:

For that matter why is this on a thread that's about Latitudes changes?

wow, this is an example of how rumors can get started.That is why I posted it here. The thread was "changes in latitude bendfits"

As for my post on LE Bistro, again, this shows how things do get spread. I found out, the price change is not true, but the info came from the headquartes of a very large (the largest I believe) Travel company in America.Apparently it was a typo.

This is why I keep stressing the importance of not believing everything you read. Now, do you understand my post any better?