Oceania website - is it me?

DaisyUK

I am trying to find the dining information on O's website (rules pertaining to number of specialty restaurant reservations/timing of reservations opening, according to cabin). So far, I have failed miserably. All I can find is a statement which says that Owners, Vista and Oceania suites get 2 reservations per booking and all other cabin categories get 1 (with nothing relating to length of sailing). Perhaps it is me. I have looked under 'Dining', 'Legal', and everywhere else I can think of. Is it me, or has it gone? Also, I wish the cabin/suite diagrams, pics and virtual tours could be reinstated. I know that some of the pics were out of date, but surely it wouldn't be too difficult to take up to date ones..

The following is in FAQs:

How many dining reservations am I allowed in each specialty restaurant?

Regatta, Insignia and Nautica:

•Concierge and above staterooms and suites are allowed two dining reservations in each specialty restaurant.

•Guests in other stateroom categories are allowed one dining reservation in each specialty restaurant.

Marina and Riviera:

•Guests in Owner’s Suites, Vista Suites and Oceania Suites are allowed two dining reservations in each specialty restaurant.

•Guests in all other stateroom categories are allowed one dining reservation in each specialty restaurant.

Hi there, thanks for answering. Yes, I had found this in FAQ, but I was trying to find out whether their policy has changed recently. I seem to remember that the number of specialty reservations was partially dependent on the length of cruise (as well as cabin category). Specifically, I was looking at cruises of over 19 days on Marina and Riviera to see whether more dining reservations are permitted on slightly longer sailings. Whilst looking for this information, I also wanted to check on the amount of time prior to sailing that restaurant reservations open and, again, I could not find this although I'm 'sure' I remember seeing it previously.

i found it under my booked cruises not sure if you can see the rule without having a cruise booked

for Marina

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

I've posted this previously, but here we go again!:

Making Specialty Restaurant Reservations:

In order to Reserve Online, the Booking must be paid in full.

-The Online Dining Reservation System closes out at 7 days prior to each sailing's embarkation date.

For All Vessels:

-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Number of Reservations, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Sirena:

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

Number of Reservations, Marina and Riviera:

Owner's Suites, Vista Suites, Oceania Suites

Penthouse Suites

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

Thank you both very much - and I have seen this information on these boards previously. However, what I wanted to know - and perhaps I did not express this clearly enough - is whether the policy is still in place, because I could not find it within Oceania's website (I did not think to look under 'booked cruises' as I was in the process of booking a new cruise). Having now checked under Booked Cruises/Manage my Booking/Dining I see that it is indeed still in place - so thank you! In my opinion it's a pretty silly place to hide this information as anyone who might want to use it as a parameter in booking accommodations is unable to do so. Ho hum, what do I know...

Hmm... I'll have to have DH go back online and check. We are concierge for the longest option on a small ship and were able to reserve three dinners, period, rather than three dinners in each restaurant.

Usually you can only pre book online 1 for each restaurant

but maybe that has changed

You can then book more once on the ship

Usually you can only pre book online 1 for each restaurant

but maybe that has changed

You can then book more once on the ship

Concierge on the small ships can normally book 2 in each restaurant on cruise of 8 days or more; 3 each on cruises of 18 days or more. If Honeymooner2006 is in concierge, on a small ship, for a long cruise (if that's what she meant by longest option), she should have 3 in each of two restaurants. There is no option to book 3 dinners, period, in any Oceania ship, unless one chooses to skip one or more.

Concierge on the small ships can normally book 2 in each restaurant on cruise of 8 days or more; 3 each on cruises of 18 days or more. If Honeymooner2006 is in concierge, on a small ship, for a long cruise (if that's what she meant by longest option), she should have 3 in each of two restaurants. There is no option to book 3 dinners, period, in any Oceania ship, unless one chooses to skip one or more.

At one time you could only do 1 booking online in advance for each restaurant

I did not know you could book all of your allotted reservations in advance

Have no idea how they only could book 3

Lyn

Just checked with DH. While I was standing over his shoulder, it only let him book three (total). I remember being confused because I thought we were supposed to get six. He said he kept futzing with it after I left and was eventually able to make six total reservations. Will chalk it up to the IT gremlins and me not getting the rest of the story ... until now.

Edited by Honeymooner2006

Just checked with DH. While I was standing over his shoulder, it only let him book three (total). I remember being confused because I thought we were supposed to get six. He said he kept futzing with it after I left and was eventually able to make six total reservations. Will chalk it up to the IT gremlins and me not getting the rest of the story ... until now.

So I guess now they allow you you to book all your allotted reservations online

So I guess now they allow you you to book all your allotted reservations online

We only started cruising with Oceania in 2010 so obviously not as experienced as many on this board, but we've been able to book all our reservations online at the appointed time prior to the cruise. This was regardless of size of ship, length of cruise. If we were entitled to two each, we could book two each, etc. Perhaps there has been some website issue lately?

We only started cruising with Oceania in 2010 so obviously not as experienced as many on this board, but we've been able to book all our reservations online at the appointed time prior to the cruise. This was regardless of size of ship, length of cruise. If we were entitled to two each, we could book two each, etc. Perhaps there has been some website issue lately?

That may be the problem then I have not had 2 res per restaurant since 2010 ;)

One is usually enough for us anyway

Lyn