Booking to Get Diamond Discount for Two Cabins?

We are planning to book an Alaska cruise with another couple in 2016. We will be Diamond, and would like to sail RCCL for the benefits (especially the balcony discount). But I don't want to ask them to be limited to one cruise line where only we get the benefits (I think they are Gold - so no balcony discount). So here's my question - Can I book the the wives in one cabin and the husbands in the other to get the Diamond balcony discount and then switch once we're on board? If this is considered "cheating the system", I won't do it, but I'd really like to help them out too, if I could.

How do you sort out the sea passes onboard? Do you just swap them between yourselves or go to guest services and get them changed there to ensure charges go against the correct credit card?

Normally, you would go to Guest Services and get extra keys for the staterooms you really want to sleep in.

We went to GS. Got an extra key for each room. This key was used to open the door. The original key for everything else. Worked fine. I think the extra key was marked so you would know which to use.

Bob

Edited by macrc