Went from 339 points to 319 ???????????????

DACSMOM was referring to the fact that in post #8 you stated "I'll cancel the next 8 cruises" than in post#20 you stated "NOW they could cancel my next 12 cruises."

I think what he was trying to say is he had 8 booked when this all started but because the prices were right he booked another 4, over the time frame from post 8-20. Or that is how I took it anyway.

I think what he was trying to say is he had 8 booked when this all started but because the prices were right he booked another 4, over the time frame from post 8-20. Or that is how I took it anyway.

Bingo

Most people do not believe they are meaningless, but the real stumbling block for most people is trying to imagine giving up a vacation you enjoy enough to gather 300+ points because of a most likely temporary snafu. Then there is the entire thought of how long / how much money will it cost to get to a similar status on another cruise line.

I get the OP is unhappy, but the threats and the over reaction is what is off putting to me.

jc

YMMV and JMHO:D

You do not have to read my posts. It is not mandatory.

I can cruise about any time I want to. We try to cruise 4 or 5 times a year. If the price is right. So cancelling the cruises will be no problem. I can book on Carnival or NCL if I want. I cruise Royal because of the way I've been treated. But lately they have lost a lot of the WOW.

And it will be easy to change to a line that appreciates my business.

I can cruise about any time I want to. We try to cruise 4 or 5 times a year. If the price is right. So cancelling the cruises will be no problem. I can book on Carnival or NCL if I want. I cruise Royal because of the way I've been treated. But lately they have lost a lot of the WOW.

Won't you miss the status you have built. We started off jumping from line to line for first 20 cruises before latching on to Royal. I would be hard pressed to switch at this point. Royal works for us because the ship is 10 minutes away

You haven't read the NCL boards lately.:eek:

Won't you miss the status you have built. We started off jumping from line to line for first 20 cruises before latching on to Royal. I would be hard pressed to switch at this point. Royal works for us because the ship is 10 minutes away

The loss of the perks will hurt a little. But we have been Diamond and above for a long time and we rarely go to the concierge lounge. Used to like the CL breakfasts on the Oasis class. But they stopped them. The recent way they are pricing things our balcony discounts haven't come into play. No more last month specials. They took away a lot of what they had in the discount booklets.

We still like cruising but the wow usually isn't there 3 out of the last 4 piano bar (schooner bar) singers were terrible. The headliners seem to have gone down in quality. The service in the MDR always has at least a couple of problems. We were not impressed with NCL or Carnival but that was back when Royal was giving a great product.

This points thing will be the straw that broke the camels back. It is my money and I'll take it to where it is appreciated.

And to those that say I'm crying or whining. (Royal trolls) Please stop reading.

Edited by rt1092

The loss of the perks will hurt a little. But we have been Diamond and above for a long time and we rarely go to the concierge lounge. Used to like the CL breakfasts on the Oasis class. But they stopped them. The recent way they are pricing things our balcony discounts haven't come into play. No more last month specials. They took away a lot of what they had in the discount booklets.

We still like cruising but the wow usually isn't there 3 out of the last 4 piano bar (schooner bar) singers were terrible. The headliners seem to have gone down in quality. The service in the MDR always has at least a couple of problems. We were not impressed with NCL or Carnival but that was back when Royal was giving a great product.

This points thing will be the straw that broke the camels back. It is my money and I'll take it to where it is appreciated.

And to those that say I'm crying or whining. (Royal trolls) Please stop reading.

Why post if you don't want people to read, and then to comment????:confused:

I think maybe you need to step away from the cruise madness...

There is a point when you do the same thing over and over and it just doesn't provide the same thrill.

On the other hand keep posting, it is pretty funny stuff.

jc

I have been in the business world long enough to know that mistakes happen and people have the ability to correct them. My DH saves all of our sea passes. It started as a 'cute take home item'. I guess if our cruise points ever decline, we can validate that we were on the cruises we went on with them....so much fun.

The 20 points in dispute will not in the very near future put the OP into the next category. But clearly there are reasons for it to be correct, as the records should be.

I wonder what tonality the OP used when he spoke to people at C&A or Resolutions or in whatever department -- the way they are spoken to, will have a GREATER impact on how they want to handle the problem they are dealing with than the actual problem itself. Threatening rarely works in this situation, because it will have little to no impact on them anyway.

Patience and perseverance will win in this....others have had their cruise point problems corrected, and I firmly believe he will as well. If not, he will be one of the few that I have ever read about -- most of the people who have had problems with points were when the changeover occurred and Royal went to 'nights sailed' with extra points added for suites.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know. They straightened it out.

And it makes a difference to me because I now can get the 150% single rate

Edited by rt1092

Just to let everyone know. They straightened it out.

And it makes a difference to me because I now can get the 150% single rate

Proving that when you have the truth on your side, things work out. Mistakes happen.

jc

Have you even looked at your cruise history?

If you think that you lost Diamond's in December credit- you can see if you are correct or not. I look at a 5 night cruise back in 2012, and I see 15 points for it- 10 for the suite, and 5 bonus- all there and happy.

You can even see if they dropped a cruise by accident.

But if you want to walk over 20 points in dispute, that's your option, as always.

We took advantage of the diamonds in December and never received bonus points. Are you sure about that? Was it only for suites? We received double points but not the extra, but I don't know if we were in a suite I will need to check.

Thanks, debbie

We took advantage of the diamonds in December and never received bonus points. Are you sure about that? Was it only for suites? We received double points but not the extra, but I don't know if we were in a suite I will need to check.

Thanks, debbie

If you were Diamond level in Dec 2012, and sailed in a suite that month, then you should have received 3 points per night.

If you were Diamond level in Dec 2012, and sailed in a suite that month, then you should have received 3 points per night.

Thanks bob I will check that out. We may have only had a balcony, did a JS qualify?

Thanks bob I will check that out. We may have only had a balcony, did a JS qualify?

The balcony should have gotten you 2 points per night, and the JS should have gotten you 3 points per night.

• 4 weeks later...