The new promo is lame

I thought the deals were fantastic also.

I got a 9 day Gem New York to Eastern Caribbean kids sail free for spring break this year for $2600 2 adults, 2 children. Regular balcony room. No extra promos.

Got a 7 day Bermuda Breakaway in September with free UBP. 2 adults, 2 children. Large balcony. $2500.

Got an 8 day Mediterranean on the Jade next summer 2016 for 2 adults in an oceanview for $2600. Free UBP and $200 OBC.

Got a 7 day Western Carib from Tampa November 2016 on Star. SJ suite. 2 adults, 2 children. $3100. Free UBP, Free UDP, first 2 gratuities free and $200 OBC.

Got a 7 day Western Carib spring break 2017 on Spirit. 2 adults, 2 children. $1500. Free UBP.

I can't find deals like this on any other line.

I think she actually said upper 40's. 45-55. She hasn't been on a Celebrity ship yet. She started on the RCCL side and transferred over to the Celebrity side. Since they're the same corporation you only get one totally no cost cruise and she already got hers. Since then she has had one "free" cruise and I think she went with a discounted rate when she went on the Oasis instead of banking on a "free" room being available. Since she's 30, married and has 3 kids she's looking at another "free" cruise with RCCL and not looking at Celebrity yet. Not sure if they will ever make her go on one.

I think her average might still be a little young, unless she is looking a spring break or a holiday time period. Even though some kids like Celebrity, I think she is better off with Royal Caribbean.

I got a 9 day Gem New York to Eastern Caribbean kids sail free for spring break this year for $2600 2 adults, 2 children. Regular balcony room. No extra promos.

Got a 7 day Bermuda Breakaway in September with free UBP. 2 adults, 2 children. Large balcony. $2500.

Got an 8 day Mediterranean on the Jade next summer 2016 for 2 adults in an oceanview for $2600. Free UBP and $200 OBC.

Got a 7 day Western Carib from Tampa November 2016 on Star. SJ suite. 2 adults, 2 children. $3100. Free UBP, Free UDP, first 2 gratuities free and $200 OBC.

Got a 7 day Western Carib spring break 2017 on Spirit. 2 adults, 2 children. $1500. Free UBP.

:D:D:D WoW :D:D:D

I got a balcony on Getaway for 2 adults and no kids for the first week of February 2016 with ubp for $2500

Bill

I do hope they bring back some better perk options, I really enjoyed the Getaway I just got off of and am interested in the Escape for 2017. I'll just have to keep my eyes open!

I see one of the sailings already has the Haven sold out, so there must have been some great deals that I missed. I can't afford to pay for the Haven unless it's at balcony prices any way, so there's that.

Agreed. Terrible promo. And I am really surprised that there was no last hurrah effort on the previous promo. At the very least, NCL usually makes a big effort to update TAs on changes like this and this one was very quiet. Now, the prices are as high or higher as other lines and w/o the free beverage, there is absolutely no incentive to push NCL over other lines. Why are the prices exactly the same today as they were last month when they were offering these nice deals? At the very least, pricing should have come down a little bit to make it feel a little better. I feel like I have been "scammed" for sure! Goodbye NCL!

I don't see the scam.

In fact, I was annoyed at receiving e-mails every day with a countdown toward the expiration of the April promo, but I took them seriously and took another look at prices.

I saw a nice drop in Haven prices and better perks on our Jan 2016 cruise that was booked Feb 2015. So, we called our TA, upgraded from an SF to the Haven 2 bedroom, (price drop of $600 per person over what it was in Feb.), added a 3rd person for free and got the OBC of $300, free gratuities (1st and 2nd) UBP (1st and second passengers, 3rd gets soda package, and UDP for all.

I hate to break it to you but other lines are pricing significantly higher with nothing thrown in. We often sail in a GS on RCCL over labor Day. This year the price was up $700 per person over our 2014 trip. Easy answer - we're not going.

Back in May 2014 we booked a GS on RCCL on a 9 night cruise in Nov 2015 for just over $4000. All Grand Suites are now sold out, but they want close to 7,000 for just a junior suite. If we had not booked early we would have passed and looked at other cruise lines.

We have learned to book early and ride the price down. You can always cancel and rebook if something better comes along as long as you are not in penalty. You might have to change the date by a week if it is a promo for new bookings only, but there is often a way around things.

If before final payment, our Haven suite drops in price to below what the perks are worth, then we will cancel and rebook it at the lower price. I doubt that it will drop $1770, which is the value of the perks. It will be nice to get off a ship with just about no bill to pay. Of course, we will incur the extra tips to Butler, Concierge etc., but I think it will be worth it.

Edited by DebJ14