The new promo is lame

The last promo was great. They can't keep giving away that much stuff indefinitely.

The last promo was awesome, one I'd never seen on NCL and had been going on for at least 6 months. The current one is still a good one compared to the past. Before this, NCL only ever offered OB credits - the same for every sale for years. :)

OP: You're right... this new promo does stink. The interiors and studios (ie... solos) got screwed again at $25 OBC only. Geesh... :mad:

$25 is better than nothing. The prices are already quite low on those rooms... why else do people book them. And some of the studios on the Getaway are down to $422... that's practically a give-away and they still throw in $25.

Yes, I booked through a TA. One of the "bigger ones." I actually made two threads about it & both got deleted. I said the name of the TA in both threads so I wonder if that's why it got deleted?

Anyways, I called the TA (3 times) & I got nowhere & it was ugly. They contacted NCL & it was even pushed up to an NCL supervisor and they would do nothing. Said as far as they were concerned, I had a May 1 booking. I clearly booked April 30, have the booking congratulations email from the TA stating my perks....Apparenty in the middle of the night at 2 am there was a problem with my payment according to NCL's time stamp. At 11 am I got a cancellation email from TA. I called them and they reinstated my booking, & they were able to put the payment through no problem but turns out I lost my promo. Got pushed up to [big TA] supervisor who also did nothing. She was incredibly bland and unresponsive and I did not even get a sorry from her. She was argumentative and snotty. We went around in circles forever until she agreed to bump it up to corporate. I don't see how this is my fault. There was nothing wrong with my payment to begin with.

We disembark in 3 days so might not be enough time to hear what corporate has to say, but I plan on bringing my booking conf. email with me to the pier that states my UBP. Any chance that may get me anywhere?

I will NEVER book with a TA ever again. Lesson learned.

Yes that is probably the reason they got deleted. Not allowed to mention travel agents or travel agencies by name on here for any reason.

Bill

Again. The promo was a scam. Free perks but first they jacked up the price accordingly. Second, offer kids sail free ( which was mostly kids sail 50% off) but suddenly cost of 3rd guest skyrocketed so thst 50% of it was typically higher than cost of 1st/2nd guest. It was all smoke & mirrors.

The true insult now is that promo is gone but prices still inflated.

As I read through this post it sounds as though several folks put off booking during the last special - even though it was advertised as ending in hopes the next promo would be better than the last, and now they're mad? :confused::confused::confused:

Again. The promo was a scam. Free perks but first they jacked up the price accordingly. Second, offer kids sail free ( which was mostly kids sail 50% off) but suddenly cost of 3rd guest skyrocketed so thst 50% of it was typically higher than cost of 1st/2nd guest. It was all smoke & mirrors.

Actually there were some very good deals under the expired promo and I'm happy to say we booked some of them.

Breakaway to Bermuda 10/9/16 4 adults in category 01 family oceanview. One person in each couple with Ultimate Beverage Package.

Total cost $2,481.26 ...when I booked it was $2,927.76 but I watch pricing and caught a very unexpected reduction this far in advance of cruise. Booked direct with NCL.

Norwegian Jewel Jan 24, 2016 3 adults in aft facing penthouse suite. Ultimate Dining Package for all, Ultimate Beverage Package (soda package for 3rd) for 2, prepaid suite gratuities for 2 and $75 per port shore excursion credit (don't care much about this one). Total price $3,062.38 through big box travel agency. For this same cruise our friends booked a category OA oceanview with Ultimate Beverage Package for total of $1,573.05 through same agency. We were out of cruise rewards but the deposit for this cruise was only $250 ... whether direct with NCL or through travel agency.

We completely lucked out! I just happen to look at NCL last week and we got a 7 day WC, Family suite, KSF, UBP, UDP, gratuities and $75 shore excursion for 4 people.....$3100!

I am shocked and impressed. But the new ones are not as great!

Am I reading this correctly ? You paid $3100 for all 4 people ? Or is that $3100 PP??

They weren't giving away anything. The prices were and still are inflated and we the paying customers paid for those "free" things.

Bill

Not inflated here. I booked (my first) NCL cruise - for December '15, a few weeks ago.

Price was comparable to Royal for similar date/itinerary and it was similar to last year's prices BUT this time NCL was offering UBP:D

No brainer:)

Am I reading this correctly ? You paid $3100 for all 4 people ? Or is that $3100 PP??

Agreed, $1k a piece in a penthouse suite is amazing (for 3 or 4). How long is the cruise? Booked a year+ out with all the extras seems amazing to me.

Let the questions begin.

There are amazing deals out there...we are flexible on dates but not suite location (deck 10 AFT SF). We book as soon as an itinerary opens that we are interested in and then I begin to monitor for price drops. We scored a HUGE price drop on our 2016 Panama Canal cruise...and then took those "savings" and booked a 10 day Alaska cruise (also 2016). We sure don't think the recent promos were a scam! Compatibly speaking, we are paying about the same amount as in other years for the same suite...only this time we gVe UBP, UDP. Gratuities and either OBS or ShoreEx credits so as far as we are concerned it's all good!!

The complaining on this board is truly reaching an all time high, the promo wasn't a promo they raised the prices???? Its just not true, there is a group of people on this board that are convinced everything is scam and NCL is out to rip them off. Folks lets remember they aren't in business to make our lives better they are in business to make money. Its their job to test the pricing market and create revenue for their shareholders. On one hand people on this board talk about the new ships, excitement over Escape and then complain over pricing, the debt service on these ships is extraordinary. You can't have it both ways.

We got an amazing deal during the promo. 5 of us in an SJ suite on the star all receive UDP for $2100 or $2200 (I forget the exact amount). The 3 adults also get a CAS drink card. Of course this was all because of CAS AND KSF. But I couldn't pass it up. That cruise is for november 1, 2015. And on my cruise on the breakaway in less than 3 weeks. 3 of us in an M6 mini w/large balcony UDP for all 3 of us and CAS drink cards $1200 total? I feel I really scored during that promo combined with CAS. And what we got for the Garden Villa booking is also an insane price that could not be passed up.

Geri

The last promo was great. They can't keep giving away that much stuff indefinitely.

Don't count on it. RCL has been running similar promos for a year or more. All they do is hike the price and then run the "second person half off" promo. It must be fooling enough people because they keep running it non-stop.

I did the price comparison on my recent cruise purchase (on a new post) and even without the UDP I got, NCL still came out at a lower price.. Carnival was close but the deposit was not refundable at the lower price.:D

I'm of the belief that too many people in this country believe if they complain enough someone will seek them out and give them an entitled freebie just to shut them up. :eek:

$25 is better than nothing. The prices are already quite low on those rooms... why else do people book them. And some of the studios on the Getaway are down to $422... that's practically a give-away and they still throw in $25.

On select sailings CLOSE-IN they're super cheap for studios but not if you book in advance and want to plan a vacation. Also, it's only on the Getaway out of Miami because the Caribbean pricing has been weak. Sailings out of NYC on the Breakaway and the Epic have not had that same luxury, especially now that the Epic has gone to Europe.

My point was about solos who book older ships without studios and pay for the other person get a lousy $25 when they've paid for someone else to go and they're not. They're saving on provisioning of the ship and fuel and still making out like bandits.

My point was about solos who book older ships without studios and pay for the other person get a lousy $25 when they've paid for someone else to go and they're not. They're saving on provisioning of the ship and fuel and still making out like bandits.

Are you seriously suggesting the ship is saving on fuel because it's running a handful of passengers light? C'mon, now...

Before April, our room was $8,339/pp. On March 30th the price changed to $3,499/pp. We booked in April. and am quite happy with the price change, and the promo..

:)

(ncl sun jan 2nd SG)

Celebrity still have their beverage package as part of their promo if that is what you miss from the new NCL promo.
I booked another cruise while on my January Celebrity cruise and I got a beverage package, free gratuities and $450 OBC.

I booked another cruise while on my January Celebrity cruise and I got a beverage package, free gratuities and $450 OBC.

Thats who we are looking at right now , X .. NCL kicked me to the curb.

Time to swim with the other fish in the sea ..

Im sure we'll be back after delRio pulls his head out of his Assk me another question... ;)

Celebrity still have their beverage package as part of their promo if that is what you miss from the new NCL promo.

I heard that Celebrity has the best beverage package out there. Its one of the few large American lines I haven't tried yet. My sister (who works their call center) says its a slightly older clientele with most customers being in their 40's.

I heard that Celebrity has the best beverage package out there. Its one of the few large American lines I haven't tried yet. My sister (who works their call center) says its a slightly older clientele with most customers being in their 40's.
I've been on Celebrity a lot and their average clientele is certainly not in their 40's, I'd say the average is in the 50's or 60's.

That's awesome... What, where, class, how much... If you don't mind?

I've been on Celebrity a lot and their average clientele is certainly not in their 40's, I'd say the average is in the 50's or 60's.

I think she actually said upper 40's. 45-55. She hasn't been on a Celebrity ship yet. She started on the RCCL side and transferred over to the Celebrity side. Since they're the same corporation you only get one totally no cost cruise and she already got hers. Since then she has had one "free" cruise and I think she went with a discounted rate when she went on the Oasis instead of banking on a "free" room being available. Since she's 30, married and has 3 kids she's looking at another "free" cruise with RCCL and not looking at Celebrity yet. Not sure if they will ever make her go on one.