The new promo is lame

ha, ha, ha, ha!!! Love it! I've been reading the HAL boards where everyone seems so happy to be cruising, looking forward to their summer voyages and then I come over here to NCL and people are still whining and complaining about how NCL is lying to them and ripping them off. Good grief!

I agree, I go to the other cruise forums and the civility is refreshing. That being said, this is where the "drama" is. Where can you get this much entertainment for FREE and no 18% gratuity required?

Hey! I'm turning 50 this year and I had to buy several internet packages in March because a huge file in my office blew up. It sucked to have my vacation interrupted now and again by office stuff, but a free wifi plan would have saved me a lot... just not as much as the UDP/UBP and such together.

50 is the younger hipster generation!!!

We are all very computer savvy

My kids who are 14 to 24 actually said how impressed they were that I mastered the iPhone so easily

You should have seen the priceless look I shot back at them after that one! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was not someone who said they gave away anything but I do know what I paid for and what I didn't. Not sure if a "KoolAid drinker" is someone loyal to a CL but I am pretty loyal now to NCL. I flirt with others but won't commit.

I know I saved a TON of money because we usually have drinks during the day and night (It was $1500 for the last cruise for drinks and pop for 4 ppl and we do not drink a lot.) So getting the UBP is a huge savings for us. $3100 for a suite for 4 and everything else we got was a giveaway to me. The same cruise today is $1000 more without the UBP I think. And before that it was higher with no incentives. Hence the reason I booked 2 days ago.

NCL does what any business does - I got a great deal and John Doe will pay enough to make up for my deal. I don't think it has anything to do with Koolaid to think you got a great deal.

I think the term "kool aid drinker" refers to when a pax believes everything they are told and doesn't think for themselves

As in....Jim Jones....Jonestown,Guyana.....1978

You probably already knew that but as many are seriously uninformed about history these days they can just google the above terms

Lots of people still guzzling the kool aid it would seem in this world of ours unfortunately.....and I'm not talking about cruising obviously

I know a lot of people were hoping for "big" price drops when the March promo was done. Instead from what I can tell prices are the same and you get "choices" that don't measure up to the previous ones. Heck at least in the last promos you could have your gratuities paid. Now besides the 250 minutes of internet time the highest value item for most people is less than what they would gotten with the prior promo. Then just to rub salt into the wound as of this morning they still have the previous promo up with "expired" on it.

So are the days of low fares truly gone or do you think we will see a lowering of prices and no promos next month?

If you snooze you lose. The previous promo they had running for months and you now want the choices back? At least you can have the Internet on your cruise to snooze on another missed opportunity.

If you go to the UK site, the older promos are still live...

yes on the UK site the old promo is alive and well up it runs from 9th april up until the end of may (29th)

of course you have to book in uk pounds and you don't get the option of price drops up until final payment due and no deposits back if you cancel but then you cannot have everything

Edited by Jofishes

I think the term "kool aid drinker" refers to when a pax believes everything they are told and doesn't think for themselves

As in....Jim Jones....Jonestown,Guyana.....1978

You probably already knew that but as many are seriously uninformed about history these days they can just google the above terms

Lots of people still guzzling the kool aid it would seem in this world of ours unfortunately.....and I'm not talking about cruising obviously

I did know the reference actually. LOL Basically I just do not get what is wrong with people that they need to be so combative on here. Or judgy. I hate judgy. Answer the question or provide appropriate comment or move on. :)

I did know the reference actually. LOL Basically I just do not get what is wrong with people that they need to be so combative on here. Or judgy. I hate judgy. Answer the question or provide appropriate comment or move on. :)

I commented on kool aid because it is commonly used on these boards but the source of the term is almost 40 years old...so It probably merits a little info refresher. Lol

My favorite promo was last fall when they offered 10% back in OBC. Since we were already planning another PC cruise in an aft balcony, that gave us a lot of OBC, plenty enough to cover drinks or dining. Everyone has to go with what works best for their situation.

If NCL continues to make such terrific blunders, ie, room service fees, poorly communicated changes, etc. they will likely need to run a few good promos again to boost sales.

There is a huge difference in the choices now. Free beverage package is no longer an option. The options are much lower value ( and to most, much less useful)

I understand that of the 4 options, these new 4 options altogether are less value. However, if you had to pick one and pick one that's the best deal, it would have to be the UDP, right? That's unchanged. So for non-suite passengers, hold out for a lower cabin price, yes?

In my case none of the previous offers since March have been better than my current booking..

I was able to Get the UDP as well as another promo on my Balcony booking..

Then they reduced it to one promo, so I am happy I booked when I did...

Oh and by the way there was a price reduction on my room as well , so I came away with a great deal...

I understand that of the 4 options, these new 4 options altogether are less value. However, if you had to pick one and pick one that's the best deal, it would have to be the UDP, right? That's unchanged. So for non-suite passengers, hold out for a lower cabin price, yes?

The dining promo is not the same as the promo that ended May 1st. That promo was Ultimate Dining Package for all passengers in the stateroom. The new specialty dining promo only applies to passengers 1 and 2 and consists of per person credit from $75 to $110 depending on length of cruise.

The dining promo is not the same as the promo that ended May 1st. That promo was Ultimate Dining Package for all passengers in the stateroom. The new specialty dining promo only applies to passengers 1 and 2 and consists of per person credit from $75 to $110 depending on length of cruise.

Yes! I see it now. It's not the UDP at all.

Who still has the beverage package until Tuesday? What do you mean?

I highly doubt we are going to see prices revert back as a result of no free bev package. Surely, you may see done more short-term sailing deals but I just can't see then rolling back prices.

I do have a feeling though they when they see how much bookings drop off this month, free bev package may very well come back.

Looks like the big TA's still have the beverage package until Tuesday. Just got an email from one. So let's wait until Tuesday at least. Maybe we will see some drops then!

Yes, I have the opportunity to get free DSC and UBP if I book by Tuesday. I expect I'll take advantage tonight or tomorrow.

It very well may come back. I just think more people would book if the prices drop. Plenty of people out there can care less about a drink pkg. my DGF does not drink and I have 2-3 drinks a night. Just over $120 a cruise I'm happy paying that outta pocket if I can get a getaway Easter balcony for $699.00 pp like last year. Not $899-$999 pp like it is now. And believe me there's plenty of people that would rather take a better price now then free drinks later.

It very well may come back. I just think more people would book if the prices drop. Plenty of people out there can care less about a drink pkg. my DGF does not drink and I have 2-3 drinks a night. Just over $120 a cruise I'm happy paying that outta pocket if I can get a getaway Easter balcony for $699.00 pp like last year. Not $899-$999 pp like it is now. And believe me there's plenty of people that would rather take a better price now then free drinks later.

The question becomes whether you will ever see again the $699.00 per person on a balcony. Keep in mind that evething is increasing in price including cruise fare. Easter is very popular time to cruise and I am not sure if cruise lines will drop prices during that time of the year.

Here is my take on my current promo - it sucks compare to the last month's promo.

We, for the most part cruise in suites, and we happy paying a LITTLE BIT MORE if we are getting all of the perks. However, I cannot justify spending the extra money to book a suite under the current promo.

We completely lucked out! I just happen to look at NCL last week and we got a 7 day WC, Family suite, KSF, UBP, UDP, gratuities and $75 shore excursion for 4 people.....$3100!

I am shocked and impressed. But the new ones are not as great!

Last year we did a December cruise KSF in a mini, for 4 people for only $1864 total, that includes port charges and taxes - 7 days. We didn't have a lot of OBC, and no extras. Wouldn't have used them anyway. This year's prices have never dropped that low. I guess it just depends what cruises people are tracking. Everyone's idea of a good deal is different.

Edited by Siora7777

I'm really happy with my inside triple 10 day gem for jan 2016..$1798 total including tax and port for 3

$25 obc from Ncl. $50 obc from TA

No extras and don't need or want them

I booked because ksf...the date works...the port works....and it's 10 days not 7

From experience it warms up on the afternoon of day 2 so it's perfect

Don't need or want the phony extras or a balcony ir some butler I just want the rock bottom price...which I believe I got but will keep checking on anyway.

Last January we did the 12 day Ba for 3 for $2150 total

Edited by luvtheships

This really sucks. Did you use a TA to book the cruise originally? The reason I ask, we booked one about three weeks ago directly with NCL and for some reason (the bank never could actually give us an exact reason) the credit card didn't go through. NCL left a voicemail for my DH, he checked the card and then had them run it again and the next time it did go through. At no time did NCL cancel the reservation. They simply said to call in by a certain time (which was like two days from then) to rectify it. Not at all sure why yours would have cancelled outright unless maybe it was a TA.

Let us know how this one plays out. And I think I would make sure to bring up when you actually booked and the promo you had gotten. Make it clear you want that promo and see what happens. They could say no but they also could agree.

Yes, I booked through a TA. One of the "bigger ones." I actually made two threads about it & both got deleted. I said the name of the TA in both threads so I wonder if that's why it got deleted?

Anyways, I called the TA (3 times) & I got nowhere & it was ugly. They contacted NCL & it was even pushed up to an NCL supervisor and they would do nothing. Said as far as they were concerned, I had a May 1 booking. I clearly booked April 30, have the booking congratulations email from the TA stating my perks....Apparenty in the middle of the night at 2 am there was a problem with my payment according to NCL's time stamp. At 11 am I got a cancellation email from TA. I called them and they reinstated my booking, & they were able to put the payment through no problem but turns out I lost my promo. Got pushed up to [big TA] supervisor who also did nothing. She was incredibly bland and unresponsive and I did not even get a sorry from her. She was argumentative and snotty. We went around in circles forever until she agreed to bump it up to corporate. I don't see how this is my fault. There was nothing wrong with my payment to begin with.

We disembark in 3 days so might not be enough time to hear what corporate has to say, but I plan on bringing my booking conf. email with me to the pier that states my UBP. Any chance that may get me anywhere?

I will NEVER book with a TA ever again. Lesson learned.