Room Service Charge Now Fleetwide

$hip$hape

Headlines; "Room Service Charge Now Fleetwide,

New Restaurant Pricing On-board Norwegian Cruise Line".

Reminds me of when I worked for General Electric. They released bad news on Fridays, so you could stew over the weekend, then get back to work.:)

Reminds me of when I worked for General Electric. They released bad news on Fridays, so you could stew over the weekend, then get back to work.:)

Fail. :D

Laura, our CC administrator posted this earlier. It was made public yesterday, not today. Maybe you just didn't happen to see it.

Nope. you're a day late....and if it's up to FDR a dollar short!

it was released yesterday....Thursday.

There's been a thread up since then here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203399

Harriet

Nope. you're a day late....and if it's up to FDR a dollar short!

it was released yesterday....Thursday.

There's been a thread up since then here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203399

Harriet

Sorry.

So why did CC only send me the release today?

... along with their ads

Edited by $hip$hape

Actually, not fully implemented until 5-11. A few cruisers will be able to squeak in their cruises with free room service. Roll Out schedule just posted elsewhere on the board by ship.

I've been away since late afternoon. Where is this posted? I was under the impression it was starting May 1st from the CC article but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Here is the menu as provided by NCL yesterday:

Breakfast Room Service Menu

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge will be added to each order placed.

The convenience charge will be up to $7.95 on Breakaway, and $4.95 on Getaway. Room service will continue to be complimentary for The Haven staterooms.

Fruit:

Seasonal Melon, Fruit Compote, Sliced Fresh Fruit, Whole Banana

Yogurts:

Plain, Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Mixed Fruits

Cold Cereals:

Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, All Bran, Granola, Special K, Shredded Wheat, Frosted

Flakes

Freshly Baked Breads:

Cinnamon Rolls, Fruit Danish, Blueberry Muffin, Bran Muffin, Croissant, Chocolate Croissant

Preserves &Condiments:

Butter, Margarine, Sugar Free Jelly, Orange Marmalade, Apple Jelly, Strawberry Jam, Honey

Eggs:

Scrambles eggs, Over Easy, Hard Boiled , Poached

Sides: Breakfast potato, Grilled Tomatoes

Breakfast Meats:

Bacon, Sausages, Turkey Sausages

Favorites:

Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat

Juices:

Orange, Tomato, Grape fruit, Apple, Cranberry, Prune

Beverages:

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate, Hot or Cold Milk, Hot or Cold Low Fat Milk

Lunch and Dinner Room service menu as provided by NCL yesterday in response to the service charge:

24 Hour Room Service

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge will be added to each order placed.

The convenience charge will be up to $7.95 on Breakaway, and $4.95 on Getaway. Room service will continue to be complimentary for The Haven staterooms.

Soups:

 Hearty Chicken Soup

Old Fashioned Chicken & Vegetable Soup with Egg Noodles

Salads:

 Caesar Salad

Romaine Lettuce, Parmesan, Garlic Croutons, Anchovies and Grilled Chicken Breast or with Traditional Caesar Dressing

 Greek Salad

Feta Cheese, Tomatoes, Peppers, Cucumbers, Red Onions, Kalamata Olives, Lemon &

Olive Oil Vinaigrette

 Classic Cobb Salad

Romaine Lettuce, Grilled Chicken Breast, Tomato, Avocado, Hard Boiled Egg, Bacon and Roquefort with your choice of Dressing

Dressing Choices Balsamic, Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, Italian, French Vinaigrette or Low

Calorie

Fruit Plate:

 Fruit Plate, Sliced fruit Served with Natural Yogurt

Cheeses:

 Assorted Selection of Cheese with assorted Crackers

Sandwiches:

 BLT

Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato on White Toast

 Turkey on Whole Grain Hoagie

Lean Turkey Breast, Provolone Cheese, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato and Mustard

Dressing

 Tuna Salad Sandwich Rye Bread, Lettuce, Tomato and Pickle

Kids Menu:

 Chicken Fingers with BBQ Sauce , Grilled Cheese Sandwich , Macaroni and Cheese

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Choice of: Cookies, Brownies, Jell-O or Ice Cream

Burgers and Hot Dog:

 Grilled Beef Burger

Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Onion and Tomato

 All Beef Hot Dog

Onion, Sweet Relish, and Mustard

 Veggie Burger

With Caribbean Mango Salsa on Sesame Seed Buns

 Turkey Burger

With Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese on Poppy Seed Bun

Entrée:  Half Roasted Chicken

 Grilled or Poached Salmon

 Skirt Steak , Chimichurri Sauce

“Entrees, listed above are served with your choice French Fries or Baked Potatoes

 Spaghetti Bolognaise

 Fish & Chips, Tartar Sauce

Pizza: (Not the 24hours pizza, but regular like buffet style small to fit on the plate)

 Pizza with Mozzarella and Fresh Tomato Sauce

Choice of topping: Roasted Peppers, Mushroom, Onions, Pepperoni, Black Olive,

Anchovies

Dessert:

 NY Cheesecake

Chocolate Sauce, Pineapple Chutney and Chocolate Twist

 Strawberry Pound Cake

Whipped Cream and Mint Marinated Strawberries

 Chocolate Cake

Mixed Berry Compote

Ice Cream and Sorbet Vanilla, Chocolate and Dailey No sugar Added or Daily Sorbet and your

This menu was used for the 'test'. There is another menu out now that actually will be the menu and the service fee is $7.95 for all ships.

So.....this menu isn't the right one.

Harriet

Here is the menu as provided by NCL yesterday:

Breakfast Room Service Menu

Fruit:

Seasonal Melon, Fruit Compote, Sliced Fresh Fruit, Whole Banana

Yogurts:

Plain, Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Mixed Fruits

Cold Cereals:

Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, All Bran, Granola, Special K, Shredded Wheat, Frosted

Flakes

Freshly Baked Breads:

Cinnamon Rolls, Fruit Danish, Blueberry Muffin, Bran Muffin, Croissant, Chocolate Croissant

Preserves &Condiments:

Butter, Margarine, Sugar Free Jelly, Orange Marmalade, Apple Jelly, Strawberry Jam, Honey

Eggs:

Scrambles eggs, Over Easy, Hard Boiled , Poached

Sides: Breakfast potato, Grilled Tomatoes

Breakfast Meats:

Bacon, Sausages, Turkey Sausages

Favorites:

Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat

Juices:

Orange, Tomato, Grape fruit, Apple, Cranberry, Prune

Beverages:

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate, Hot or Cold Milk, Hot or Cold Low Fat Milk

I just got off the Dawn yesterday and I can tell you for a fact that the room service charge is only between midnite and 5 am......my mther ordered room service for lunch 4 times on our cruise and there was no charge or gratuity on the bill.

I just got off the Dawn yesterday and I can tell you for a fact that the room service charge is only between midnite and 5 am......my mther ordered room service for lunch 4 times on our cruise and there was no charge or gratuity on the bill.

Consider yourself lucky since the $7.95 Room service convenience fee just went into effect on May 1, 2015 on the Norwegian Dawn. You can see the roll out dates here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203849

I guess the test successfully reduced the # of room service orders and directed more of the passengers to the buffet as intended. I am sure the high price kept most away from room service, reducing the # of employees needed to deliver orders, food waste and any food outside the scope of where they want you to eat. I am going to bet that the dining room will incur a surcharge soon so that only the buffet will be free. Wait and see.

I guess the test successfully reduced the # of room service orders and directed more of the passengers to the buffet as intended. I am sure the high price kept most away from room service, reducing the # of employees needed to deliver orders, food waste and any food outside the scope of where they want you to eat. I am going to bet that the dining room will incur a surcharge soon so that only the buffet will be free. Wait and see.

Don't give them any ideas!

What it really did was increase the amount of food taken back to the room by the "freestyle cruiser". Don't do that now - how dare you - you rebels.

I'm sure you are correct. However, for the next set of passengers it changed.

This is the new Room Service Menu and charges:

RSMenu1.pdf

Harriet