No more free drinks for Diamond Level?

Kindly be careful and be responsible enough in your choice of words in posting thread titles... as this is a potentially sensitive issue.

Removing free drinks will definitely cause an uproar among diamonds.. your thread title can initially mislead many diamonds suspecting that RCCL is planning to remove this benefit only to find out what you are merely seeking to clarify things when they read the thread body.

I would think using the title "Questions about Diamond drink benefit" is more appropriate,

Really??? So "question" now has to be spelled out instead of the time honored "?"

Tough crowd!

son in same cabin as diamond or suite is allowed to go to CL or DL.

My sister was recently on freedom and it was a non issue. He could not go without them to the DL as his card will not open door. For the CL his card will open door.

Enjoy your cruise

The fact that his key would not open the door answers your question. If they were staying in a suite he would have had access to the CL. However if a cabin mate is not a spouse, significant other at same mailing address, or minor child with parents the individual does not have access to the DL. RC unlike Celebrity does not extend this privilege to cabin mates.

If your sister opened the door to a non diamond member they could have been asked to leave. She may have asked the concierge to allow, which is at their discretion, but it is definitely against the rules.

• 4 weeks later...
Just FYI

This is a difference from RCI and Celebrity. Celebrity allows a cabin mate to join you in the Elite activities /venues, RCCL does not.

enjoy

M

I'm not so sure that this is a true statement. It's my understanding that even cabin mates aren't allowed to attend if they aren't Elite/ etc. as well.

We were on the Explorer last June. It did not have a Diamond Lounge just a Diamond Event (free beer and wine and 25% of drinks during happy hour) NO drinks on card.

We have never had free drinks put on our card. The summer before last our ship had a Diamond Lounge and NO drinks on card.

We are leaving on June 6th on the Adventure. I know it has a Diamond Lounge will it also have drinks on our card?

Are the 3 drinks loaded on your card nightly or per cruise?

Three drinks nightly, which expire at 8:30pm. So if you don't use them all, you cannot carry any over to the next day.

Our adult son will be joining us on a cruise and will be staying in our cabin. We are Diamond, but he is not. Will he be allowed to join us in the Diamond lounge? He probably would not be drinking.

My adult daughter sharing not only same address and stateroom was not allowed into the DL. With the free drinks loaded on your sea pass each evening enjoy a drink together at any of the bar lounges.

When I used my card for the free drinks in the lounge, I always brought a couple of singles with me to tip the server ... I trust that is still the accepted gesture of appreciation for the service?

They still seem very pleased when they get the singles.:)