Baggage Question

?

My size 8 takes up more room than my son's shoes (though his are rapidly approaching my size). DH's 11s take up more room than my shoes.

And they said their clothes AND shoes. The combo. DH is a bigger guy, and his clothes take up quite a bit more room than mine. My OLD clothes took up quite a bit more room than my current clothes. DS's clothes take up way less room than DH's.

When someone is bigger, their clothes are bigger and take up more room. And shoes, if longer and especially if wider, can take up more room than smaller shoes.

AND they tend to be heavier. DH's shoes are MUCH heavier than mine!

Fine I give up. It was a funny comment, I gave an explanation, I'm done playing

Have a nice cruise

I still don't get it, mine are size 11, 13's are only about an inch and a half longer. It's not the size, it's the choices. I took one pair on a 3 day. Ivory Top-Siders. Wore them with everything. YMMV

I think you're obsessing a bit too much about this detail. :D

Shorter people don't have style. :what:

I'm just under 6-2, and my shoes are pretty much the same as someone 5-10

It has nothing to do with style. I wear size 13 shoes (women). They take up more room in a bag than a size 7 shoe for example. My boyfriend wears size 13 men. Those take up more room in a bag than a size 10.

I had a 5'4" roommate in college. My shoes took up significantly more room than hers and we had the same number of shoes. We went on a trip to Vegas one time for the weekend, packed pretty much the same things - a dress, an extra pair of jeans, a pair of flip flips and a pair of sandals as well as a couple shirts. Almost the exact same items save for the size, mine took up more space in my carry-on suitcase than hers did. Our clothes take up a good amount of space. I'll be trying to bring the lighter airier clothes, but at 6'2" and a bit, shall we say, chunky, my clothes definitely take up some space, in addition to my shoes.

:)

Edited by BellaCaps

That's alot of bags but I don't think there is a limit. I've seen people bring alot more than that. I remember seeing someone bring 4 large bags and 4 carry on's for 4 people. I find it amazing what people bring. Honestly you probably wont wear half your clothes that you bring.

I am probably going to be one of those people..... I have a history of over packing, in my mind I am preparing for what if's! But this next cruise will be our longest, 10 days, 4 people (2 young kids) so yes...we will probably all have one checked bag and one carry on each.... I have good intentions of trying to fit in least amount of bags as possible but we shall see!

I am probably going to be one of those people..... I have a history of over packing, in my mind I am preparing for what if's! But this next cruise will be our longest, 10 days, 4 people (2 young kids) so yes...we will probably all have one checked bag and one carry on each.... I have good intentions of trying to fit in least amount of bags as possible but we shall see!

Mix the clothes up a little in case one gets misplaced

Mix the clothes up a little in case one gets misplaced

that's a great tip!

My very first cruise I was 17, my checked bag which had all 7 days worth of clothing in it except for my formal clothes was left at the port and I was not able to get it until the 4th day of the cruise.....RC was very kind and did free laundry service during this cruise and gave me 250 on board credit to purchase clothing from their shops on ship....plus my sister and I were pretty identical in size so it was just more of an inconvenience vs a disaster, LOL

Our very first cruise, I thought I needed a pair of evening slacks for each night on a 10 day cruise, WOW did I learn. Then I cut back to 6 and now I am down to 4 for a 2 week cruise and mix & match blouses. I still tend to bring more blouses so need to work on that. Packing cubes have really helped on how I pack.

Bubba, a lady & her husband on a Coastal cruise a year ago, went 5 days on a 7 day cruise without their luggage, they finally got them 2 days from arriving in San Pedro.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

It has nothing to do with style. I wear size 13 shoes (women). They take up more room in a bag than a size 7 shoe for example. My boyfriend wears size 13 men. Those take up more room in a bag than a size 10.

I had a 5'4" roommate in college. My shoes took up significantly more room than hers and we had the same number of shoes. We went on a trip to Vegas one time for the weekend, packed pretty much the same things - a dress, an extra pair of jeans, a pair of flip flips and a pair of sandals as well as a couple shirts. Almost the exact same items save for the size, mine took up more space in my carry-on suitcase than hers did. Our clothes take up a good amount of space. I'll be trying to bring the lighter airier clothes, but at 6'2" and a bit, shall we say, chunky, my clothes definitely take up some space, in addition to my shoes.

:)

Most of us understood your point from the beginning. Just take what you are planning and don't worry about it. Posts get really out of control on here at times.

Most of us understood your point from the beginning. Just take what you are planning and don't worry about it. Posts get really out of control on here at times.

Thank you. :) :)

On our first cruise, we saw this one couple who dressed up every day with 2 different outfits. There was a rumor that they had over 10 checked suitcases for a 10 day Caribbean Cruise. I believe I heard up to 20 cases! I could believe it when I saw their outfits. Each outfit (she made them all) came with matching shoes, hats, & bag & they matched each other. They were a very nice couple but I can only imagine their cabin with all those clothes & suitcases. I saw them again on a 8 day Bahama Cruise. They had to have been able to drive as I don't think they could have flown with all that luggage.

On our first cruise, we saw this one couple who dressed up every day with 2 different outfits. There was a rumor that they had over 10 checked suitcases for a 10 day Caribbean Cruise. I believe I heard up to 20 cases! I could believe it when I saw their outfits. Each outfit (she made them all) came with matching shoes, hats, & bag & they matched each other. They were a very nice couple but I can only imagine their cabin with all those clothes & suitcases. I saw them again on a 8 day Bahama Cruise. They had to have been able to drive as I don't think they could have flown with all that luggage.

Oh wow! That is crazy! Too much. I admit I tend to over pack especially when I haven't been somewhere before, but nowhere near that level. I plan on bringing "mix and match" items to make different outfits so I can get away with bringing less. I'm not against wearing the same shirt 2 days, etc.