Live from the Solstice 5/1, first Alaskan trip of the season

fuinseog

As mentioned before by a few of us, there were two FN, Day 3 and Day 6. The first one was scheduled for Day 2 (a sea day) but was postponed one night due to the Maywether/Pac fight, which was shown onboard. :)

That's what I thought, but the daily pdf for day 6 said "Smart Casual". Must have been a mistake.

So, I was on the Solstice for the May 1st cruise, I am surprised that with all the conversation before the cruise the board is quiet in the aftermath.

Does the roll call close after the cruise? I tried to access it and could not find it..

Does the roll call close after the cruise? I tried to access it and could not find it..

If you click on your own user name, you can find the previous threads in which you have posted. I found the Roll Call and yes, it has gone quiet. Not closed, but quiet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2029462

Hi fuinseog,

We can't thank you enough for posting the dailies. I've often wondered why the cruise lines do not have them available for download the week before you sail, like your cruise docs. Stuff changes, and they could provide for that in a disclaimer. Still, it is SO helpful to have them in advance in order to plan. Thank you thank you thank you! If we're ever on a cruise together, the firs drink is on us!

So, I was on the Solstice for the May 1st cruise, I am surprised that with all the conversation before the cruise the board is quiet in the aftermath.

Nope, not normally, unless it is one of the GIANT roll calls...then they

usually move it.

I just sailed last week and my roll call is still there.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh! I also just remembered about the huge table of confiscated items at disembarkation! Number one offender? POWER CORD. Loads of them. Just a warning that they are being seized and held.

I also saw a small cooking pot on the table... not exactly sure what someone was thinking! LOL :D

Hi, so those people have to throw away their power cord? or will they get it back after their cruise over? Usually i bring a 4 or 6 hole power cord so we don't have to purchase 4 travel adaptor because usually in hotels everyone wants to charge at the same time.

Rice cookers/tea pots on a cruise?...what were they thinking?...OH wait... that's right they weren't... it's called sh*t for brains, like so many drivers on the roads these days, speeding, tailgating at 75mph 1 foot from your rear bumper, especially in California!!

Are they Asian? if they are then being Asian myself i can understand them. Because i join Canada and Alaska-cruise tour meaning there are land tour (Canada) and Alaska cruise as part of the tour package. I myself considering to bring travel cooker just in case there will some day on land tour that have no rice option. For most Asian especially elders like my parents, rice is their staple food. I remember when we went to Anaheim 2 years ago, i was buying a lot of rice which was side dish in denny's. Please don't feel offended by this reply. Just want to give my two cents.