Best laid plans for us mice and men

I have been saving up quietly for a birthday surprise , for my wife , cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Imagine my happiness when the said wife came home from work last night and stated " I have booked us a holiday , I was at the bank today and saw there was more money than I thought in our holiday account ". Was it a cruise ? Nope, we now have a visit to her o/seas relatives booked and paid for. Joy and bliss just doesn't describe my feelings for this news. Cheers, Buzz. ( no wonder I drink :) )

Bit unfair of her to book it without discussing it with you. Holidays with rellies can be quite stressful, not really a holiday.

Visits to rellies to have to scheduled into the holiday planning but it should be a joint decision.

I have been saving up quietly for a birthday surprise , for my wife , cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Imagine my happiness when the said wife came home from work last night and stated " I have booked us a holiday , I was at the bank today and saw there was more money than I thought in our holiday account ". Was it a cruise ? Nope, we now have a visit to her o/seas relatives booked and paid for. Joy and bliss just doesn't describe my feelings for this news. Cheers, Buzz. ( no wonder I drink :) )

Next time, begin saving in a secret account:D Perhaps the recent wet weather has got to her!

Book a cruise while you are over there:p

Chez

ROFL. Thank you Buzz. I needed that.

Sounds like you need a cunning account ..... :)

Bit unfair of her to book it without discussing it with you. Holidays with rellies can be quite stressful, not really a holiday.

Visits to rellies to have to scheduled into the holiday planning but it should be a joint decision.

But he was going to book without asking her.

But he was going to book without asking her.

Unless his wife hates cruising, there is a huge difference between booking a cruise as a birthday surprise and booking a trip to visit relatives. Notice I did not call the latter a holiday.

Of course, if you can combine the two as I am doing in December, then it's a holiday. ;)

I have been saving up quietly for a birthday surprise , for my wife , cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Imagine my happiness when the said wife came home from work last night and stated " I have booked us a holiday , I was at the bank today and saw there was more money than I thought in our holiday account ". Was it a cruise ? Nope, we now have a visit to her o/seas relatives booked and paid for. Joy and bliss just doesn't describe my feelings for this news. Cheers, Buzz. ( no wonder I drink :) )[/QUOTE]

ROFL............................Man smart - Woman smarter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Sounds like you might need a drink package where ever you go :D

Edited by dizzy1948

I'd never book without asking herself :D

Though sometimes she seems really surprised ;)

Just the other day she said "Go ahead and book it then", didn't have the heart to tell her I already had :p

great idea Cheryl but the money pit will be empty :(

Say g'day to Andy too , yes you know who we are x

OMG, I just looked at your cruise history and then where you are from.....we have Pacific Sky 2003 in common, as well as Pacific Dawn 2008 and Diamond 2013......but I do believe you are S & B from Pacific Sky 2003:p

My detective work for the day;)

Great to see you are still cruising, we probably have new emails and mobile numbers by now, we moved house since you came to visit.......and travelled around OZ, hopefully it is you haha:o xx

Chez....and Andy

Edited by cheznandy